Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
High-quality Scans from "Prometheus: The Art of the Film"
  • The_Last_ProxyThe_Last_Proxy  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

Charism said:

Wait, this xenolooking mutant with funny face is in the movie?

It's Fifield
    It may have been filmed but it was cut :(

Is it really Fifield though?

I still think it's Millburn...

----------> HERE

until I'm proved wrong.
  • MChMCh  
    Colonist
    Thanks for realising this. Glad my french is capable enough to read the notes. These little insights highlight the tremendous hours and thought that goes into a project like this in creating a couple of hours entertainment for the rest of us!

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this film. It's much appreciated!
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    Just ordered the book from Amazon!

Loving the new pics, especially Weyland's pod
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • CrosbieCrosbie  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    We so need an extended cut.

The movie wasn't especially rushed; it just felt that way because there was so much great design to see.

I wonder whether they consciously didn't cut it as slow as Alien because they knew that those who cared would find this stuff on the Internet or freeze-frame through a blu-ray...
  • shogunboxeshogunboxe  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    definitely content was cut. 

If i remember correctly last summer they went to spain to film some underwater scenes. Just curious what they filmed there, cuz i dont recall any special scene being underwater other than the sacrifice engineer one
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    redbeard said:

vlad90 said:

I want to know what that green rock was in front of the long legged Xeno alter.
    Giger you devil. 

Holloway said something like "it's just a tomb". Also, did you notice that instead of a green crystal there was some kind of cup? Why did they remake that in such way?

I don't know wtf is going on but I definitely want the hear the true story of the making/editing/marketing of Prometheus someday.

Green stone = symbol of Envy ? Envy of the Deacon? Envy of mankind?

I always saw the xeno fingers in the mural, but Dat Egg.....HOLYSHIT!

Not sure what to make of the green stone. Some biological element held in suspended animation-kind of like insects in amber?
  • K_Price85K_Price85  
    Colonist
    The green orb to me is holds the pure dna of the xeno. The barbs within the urns that David took out had black goo with green stuff in it. 
  • redbeardredbeard  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Some Emerald lore:

Emeralds

The bright green variety of beryl. Emeralds are the gem of spring and
    rebirth, a protection at sea, an antidote to certain poisons. Of course,
    they've also been connected with jealousy, and it's said that some emeralds
    can be used to call on the dark angels and spirits.

The color green (wadj)
    was the color of vegetation and new life. To do "green things" was slang
    for beneficial, life-producing behavior. As mentioned above, Osiris was
    often portrayed with green skin and was also referred to as "the Great
    Green". Green malachite was a symbol of joy and the land of the blessed
    dead was described as the "field of malachite." In Chapter 77 of the Book
    of the Dead, it is said that the deceased will become a falcon "whose
    wings are of green stone". Highly impractical of course, it is obvious
    that the color of new life and re-birth is what is important. The Eye of Horus amulet was commonly made of green stone as well.
  • tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    redbeard said:

That's very reminiscent of the vessel the Sacrifice Engineer drinks from in the opening sequence.
    Perfect organism.
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    I wanna go home and party.
  • VisionistVisionist  (4 like this)
    Panton_Vel_Nusquam
    Oh, what should have been! :((
    I'm the man who gets to fly around in a helicopter with a gun.
    You call me MUFWIG.
    Mother Fucker What's In Charge.
  • ChevalierChevalier  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Visionist said:

Oh, what should have been! :((

I definitely agree!

I did like the movie, but seeing so much of this behind-the-scenes stuff makes you wonder how much more it could've been... :(
    "Oh no! Not the Hall of Death again! The only way out of here is death!" - Mike Dawson, Dark Seed II.
  • AdamPDAdamPD  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    So much was cut, so much potential, what a waste eh?

I'm wondering if the black goo, transforms humans into more superior beings, the ones who fly the saucer shaped craft?

Probably reaching out on a limb here, but is it possible the engineer kneeled before Weyland, because he thought he was one of the elder engineers? (I.e. the ones who give the sacrafice engineers that black goo to drink)

So when Weyland says "Talk to him David", he looks up with shock, realising it's not another engineer?

God knows, hehe
  • IcelandIceland  
    Colonist
    tifosi77 said:

redbeard said:

That's very reminiscent of the vessel the Sacrifice Engineer drinks from in the opening sequence.

Wait, does anyone have a decent explanation of this bowl/green stone replacement??

I may have missed it elsewhere, but there's so many forum posts, it's hard to keep tabs...
    "Maybe I am an experiment, a god brain in a human head. In a century or two, there will be god men who live easily, and exist because of me."
  • AdamPDAdamPD  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Looks like there's a slight ridge around the bowl, so I'd be willing to guess it's a sacrafice bowl, as seen in the beginning

Placed in front of the mural, it depicts what happens when you drink from said bowl.

But why it was replaced with a crystal? who knows.

So basically you have a single temple, with thousands of vials of this black life creating/destroying liquid

Each temple is a single engineers lab, his head is created as a monument to his work

Laid about the place are different experiments which he has created, the final version being in the ship and in that bowl.

Engineers then go into the temple, take the bowl, board the ship, then fly to an uninhabited planet, drink it and create life on the planet itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first temple is the Xeno temple and each of the others, is for all the other races the engineers have created, so one is probably a human temple.

Maybe the mural changing, shows how the finished product was created, by using engineers as birthing tools.
  • ViscalViscal  (5 like this)
    Brometheus
    Video preview of book

Also more concept art:
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • taetae  
    Colonist
    wowwwwwww
  • HelixioHelixio  
    Colonist
    The pics post by Viscal are coming from my blog, so if you like it, please like it !!

For the book, there are many informations that answer to many big questions of the movie, so if you're fans of Scott's Fantastic Movies, you must buy it ! (And sry for my english.. !)
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    yes, I gave u proper credit here in the first place.  http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/comment/64381#Comment_64381 Thanks :)
  • Seph7Seph7  
    Colonist
    Ooh I might get this!
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    Even more concept art. Taken from http://io9.com/5917639/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-design-of-prometheus , the article itself is also a decent read.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • deloreandelorean  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Viscal said:

Even more concept art. Taken from http://io9.com/5917639/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-design-of-prometheus , the article itself is also a decent read.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage

DAT PROMETHEUS ^^
  • tifosi77tifosi77  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    Peeps..... spend the $25.  My copy just arrived from Amazon.com and it's amazing.
    Perfect organism.
  • VodiVodi  (3 like this)
    Predator
    More images from the book:

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.