Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
So will James Cameron make a sequel called Prometheuses?
  • SternwiseSternwise  
    Colonist
    Several things about this movie... and the whole Alien (and Aliens/Predators) and some other weird tidbits: 

-Dan O'Bannon actually created Alien, not Scott, and perhaps Giger created the physical Alien, but the story was all the genius of O'Bannon... he's probably rolling in his grave....

-So if rubberface/Guy Pearce was too young as Weyland and they needed to make him look old, why the hell not just hire Lance Henriksen? His face is naturally old and wrinkled. (Wasn't he the original Weyland anyway?)

-Space Jockey was bigger in Alien...

-Timeline has me all confusel'd

-I don't like movies that depend on 'sequels' for answers...

-David 8:  Is he like the 'grown up' version of the Davids from A.I. and Screamers?  (Screamers was Mobile Sword Model 3)...

-So the Girl with the Alien Tattoo somehow has like Wolverine super-powers to heal? Shyeeit, I get a cold or flu and I don't want to get up...

-Is this like entirely based off the X-Files Black Oil alien goo, because it is the only explaination for half of the stuff we see (and have already seen in the X-Files and what it does to people)...

Lindelof... the blame is on him, Ridley made a movie the best he could from the material. I thinkso... Reactions are identical to the ones when LOST finally wrapped up its series, with a zillion plot holes and unanswered questions....

Since none of the ALIENS/PREDATORS movies really followed any decent continuity at all I suppose this one might as well do whatever the hell it wants as well...
  • DrLoveHateDrLoveHate  (6 like this)
    Colonist
    I'm sorry, but in my opinion none of what you said is a good idea or makes any sense.
  • qu7akerqu7aker  (1 like this)
    Deadite
    Exactly...Btw i read Dan's original script. It sucked balls lol. It wasn't until the rewrites when the script got good.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion none of what you said is a good idea or makes any sense.

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!!
  • GarcaldoGarcaldo  (5 like this)
    Colonist
    I'm seriously getting fed up with the comparisons to the orignal Alien Engineer......
  • GiraffeOnFireGiraffeOnFire  
    Colonist
    -Dan O'Bannon actually created Alien, not Scott, and perhaps Giger created the physical Alien, but the story was all the genius of O'Bannon... he's probably rolling in his grave....

The Alien was based on artwork by HR Giger. Giger and O'Bannon worked on a doomed adaptation of Dune before Alien.

-So if rubberface/Guy Pearce was too young as Weyland and they needed to make him look old, why the hell not just hire Lance Henriksen? His face is naturally old and wrinkled. (Wasn't he the original Weyland anyway?)

I think Scott wanted to distinguish Prometheus from Alien. But I did wonder why Guy Pearce was casted and not an older actor, like Anthony Hopkins or Christopher Plummer.

-Space Jockey was bigger in Alien...

Prometheus is a prequel to Alien, but not exactly. I believe Scott wanted to make a prequel to Alien, but still be allowed to change things. That's why he changed the name of the film and told everyone that it was not Alien.

-Timeline has me all confusel'd

That's ok, it's not an Alien prequel.

-I don't like movies that depend on 'sequels' for answers...

Again, it's not exactly a prequel, so we could see a retconned version of Alien as a sequel to Prometheus.

-David 8:  Is he like the 'grown up' version of the Davids from A.I. and Screamers?  (Screamers was Mobile Sword Model 3)...

I'm not familiar with that.

-So the Girl with the Alien Tattoo somehow has like Wolverine super-powers to heal? Shyeeit, I get a cold or flu and I don't want to get up...

I agree that the scene in the healing pod was over the top (where was everybody else during all this?), but I assume it healed her enough so that she can move around. She did apear to still be in pain later on though.

-Is this like entirely based off the X-Files Black Oil alien goo, because it is the only explaination for half of the stuff we see (and have already seen in the X-Files and what it does to people)...

Yes, it's almost exactly like X-Files. The goo turns its victim into a deadly zombie.

Lindelof... the blame is on him, Ridley made a movie the best he could from the material. I thinkso... Reactions are identical to the ones when LOST finally wrapped up its series, with a zillion plot holes and unanswered questions....

I think it was a pretty good reboot. As for Lost, well, I forgave the plot holes and unanswered questions. Sometimes you just gotta make an entertaining (and profitable) piece of media, in which Lindelof is on a roll.
  • DiscJockeyDiscJockey  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    If Prometheuses is like Aliens, expect predictability and almost no horror, in place would be action. Expect Engineers to be killed by the dozens, and humans to be over powered. 

Seriously, am I the only one here who dislikes Aliens? 
  • K_Price85K_Price85  
    Colonist
    Dude give it up! You obviously came in thinking you were going to see Alien 5.  
  • tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    I admit it; I lol'd at the thread title and plan on stealing the joke.  :-)
    Perfect organism.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.