Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Misc Prometheus Stuff
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (6 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    good to see young kids are taking an interest in this film. this kids expressions after watching the david 8 commercial is priceless

Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (1 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    Get 'em while they're young, I always say! : )
    "Oh, hi, Mark."
  • hellsfoxeshellsfoxes  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Apparently the film isn't tracking particularly well amongst youngsters. While I personally don't care if they get it, I DO want the film to be a success to reward the filmmakers and increase chance of sequel. 

To that end, they SHOULD have been more upfront in trailers about this being part of the Alien franchise so younger kids make the connection instead of just saying 'From the director of Alien, Gladiator' etc.
  • VodiVodi  (3 like this)
    Predator
    More from the Paris metro station promotion:

VIDEO:

Thanks to seeasea!
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • xinauxinau  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    What's all this "tracking" stuff (I keep seeing references to it), who's saying it is or isn't tracking well, and where's the data?
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Why does it matter if it tracks well with kids? They won't be seeing it without an adult anyway.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    xinau said:

What's all this "tracking" stuff (I keep seeing references to it), who's saying it is or isn't tracking well, and where's the data?

Its probably just speculation.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (7 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus

HEE HEE

Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • GeminiNotTwinGeminiNotTwin  (5 like this)
    Colonist

Fassbender's interview with Shortlist.

There are some bad news.

SPOILER

He reveals there are no Predators in Prometheus. I know, sucks. :P

Michael Fassbender

Not the man for a rom-com

Michael Fassbender plays hunger strikers, sex addicts and now a creepy android in Prometheus. No wonder he’s bemused by his sudden superstardom

Words: Jonathan Pile

Michael Fassbender was in a film called Shame and he got his penis out. Twice. We all know it, you were all thinking it, so we thought it best just to get that out of the way.

Back to the task in hand: which is delving into how, in the space of a year, this 35-year-old German-born Irishman went from a recognisable face in low-budget art house films to the lead man in world-conquering blockbusters.

“It’s funny,” he tells us with a knowing laugh as we sit down together – almost exactly a year to the day after we first met for X-Men: First Class, in the same room of the same hotel. “I’ve become… ‘popular’ isn’t the word. More interesting, suddenly.”

And it’s this sudden surge in fame, various award nominations and a small film called Prometheus – director Sir Ridley Scott’s return to the Alien universe for the first time in more than three decades – that are far more pressing issues. And nudity? Yes, we get to that...

How have you dealt with your newfound stardom?

I don’t have a lot of friends, so it’s nice to have a lot of people sit down and want to talk to me [laughs]. No, it’s been a hectic year. I actually haven’t done any acting since July. It’s weird. I’m used to preparing a character, going to work and presenting it. This is a bit of a new deal. It’s just airports and hotels. That’s all I’ve really seen. In the past five months I’ve spent, collectively, three weeks at home. No one wants to hear it because I’ve got a very privileged life, but that can get to you after a while.

But it all becomes worth it when suddenly a big film such as Prometheus comes out. It’s been shrouded in secrecy, but what are you allowed to tell us about it?

I have a cheat sheet. I have all these points to cover that were given to me by 20th Century Fox. There are certain things I’m not allowed to say and they want to be sure.

What’s on it that you can reveal?

I don’t know. I’ve not looked at it to be honest [laughs].

The big question is whether it still stands as a prequel to the original Alien. There doesn’t seem to be a definite answer. Are you able to give us one?

What I will say is that the first Alien film had an intelligent, slow-burning, sinister element to it — there’s this feeling in this. Before I read the script, I thought the concept had already been exhausted. I’d seen so many of them — AVP: Alien Vs Predator, Alien here, Alien there. But I can tell you there’s no Predator. I came dressed one day as the Predator and was like, “What do you think?” I tried to get him in [laughs]. But it’s amazing. It’s really about strong characters again. And I love the fact that Noomi [Rapace] is a strong leading female, like Sigourney Weaver was.

And you play the ship’s android?

I do. Damon [Lindelof, the writer] said it months ago and when he did I was like, “Cool. At least it wasn’t me who let it slip.”

How method are you? Did you decide to stay in character as a robot throughout filming?

No, I bounce in and out. It allows me to see things I might not see if I were in character all the time. What I thought was interesting was him being programmed to react in a certain way. And part of that is him blending in with humans, so does an ego develop to facilitate that? He’s there to serve them, but he’s sort of disliked because they think he might be superior to him. Or just different. Because humans have that thing where they’re like, “Something’s different? Persecute!”

In the first Alien film, Ian Holm’s android was defective, but chronologically yours pre-dates his and is presumably less developed, so is there the possibility he could flip out at any time?

He’s less developed than Ian Holm [laughs]. That’s the way I’m going to describe him from now on. Ridley said, “He’s like the butler,” but there’s a vanity to him. And he always has the answers so there’s a swagger to him, too. In fact, I think he might be kind of creepy. I do creepy well.

It’s a good niche to have…

Yeah. If you’re looking for weird or creepy in a robotic style, call me.

What was it like working with Ridley Scott? Did he insist on ‘Sir Ridley’?

[Laughs] No. He’s a pretty straightforward, straight-shooting guy. I would feel weird calling him ‘Sir Ridley’ every day. He’s great – full of beans. He has four cameras running, he’s dashing around the set and everyone really wants to please him. And it’s not because of fear – it’s because they’re inspired by him. An example: he’ll come up to me and say, “You know, I thought your character might have this little prop here.” So rather than giving you a note, he’ll give you an object to think about.

What sort of object?

I have a basketball at one point in the film. It just leaves you thinking, “OK, so this guy spends a lot of time on his own [Fassbender’s character has spent time alone while the humans were in stasis] ,so how does he amuse himself?” And maybe there’s a childlike element to the character. And then you wonder where the item came from. It’s a very fun way of giving notes. He gives you the seeds of an idea and you go away and develop it. The idea of him being blond came about because he’s obsessed with Lawrence Of Arabia.

How big a fan of the Alien films were you before Prometheus?

My parents didn’t allow me to watch 18-rated films in my early teens, but sometimes they’d show me certain ones that they thought had some sort of value. Alien was one of them and I remember being scared. I also remember being totally convinced it was real. It’s very intelligent and the characters seem real so it allows you to just accept the fantasy.

And you preferred Alien over Aliens or the other sequels?

Yes. Although Blade Runner is my favourite Ridley Scott film. I love it.

The whole interview here:

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/films/michael-fassbender-3

• DarkooDarkoo  (8 like this)
    Colonist
    Hello guys!  I'm new here. Long time fan of Prometheus :D

**SPOILERS**
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ridley-scott-prometheus-alien-blade-runner-324779
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Thanks Darkoo and welcome to the forum (finally :p) !   :)
    I wanna go home and party.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath

HEE HEE

I laughed. Am I evil?
    "Oh, hi, Mark."
  • 1ve_got_a_tummy_ache1ve_got_a_tummy_ache  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    hey! lay off Gerry Anderson! That man is the uberbro.
  • BonusituationBonusituation  
    Like_A_Boss
    Short video of someone rolling past the Paris subway display.

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • tifosi77tifosi77  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

More from the Paris metro station promotion:

I desperately want this for my front lawn...........!!
    Perfect organism.
  • DarkooDarkoo  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Coors, Amazon, Verizon ride with 'Prometheus'
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054160?refCatId=13
  • ViscalViscal  (3 like this)
    Brometheus
    http://instagr.am/p/KugLMsvycP/
    Thanks to seeasea for the link!
    I wanna go home and party.
  • VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator
    SPOILER
    Interesting news article - young girl in Prometheus:

• hellsfoxeshellsfoxes  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

SPOILER?
    Interesting news article - young girl (plays Shaw as a child) stars in Prometheus:

>
    she plays cuddles?  :P

• VisionistVisionist  
    Panton_Vel_Nusquam

She's Adorable! ^_^

I'd let her watch the whole thing it would be a shame if she missed her own performance.

I'd make a great parent ;))

I'm the man who gets to fly around in a helicopter with a gun.
    You call me MUFWIG.
    Mother Fucker What's In Charge.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    Newt much?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • xinauxinau  
    Colonist
    The Variety link is subscribers-only. Anything interesting in it?
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • VodiVodi  (3 like this)
    Predator
    New random image:

Thanks to seeasea
  • xinauxinau  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    The lurking Vickers!

I like that flight jacket.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    xinau said:

The lurking Vickers!

If she stands like an android and walks like an android....
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.