Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
The "best" way to see Prometheus
  • topher666topher666  
    Colonist
    I also saw the trailer in real 3D (before Avengers)... it was fucking awesome. It looked great. The darkness was not an issue..
  • thatenddownthatenddown  
    Colonist
    At home.

At least, that is how I will be seeing Prometheus. Too many talkers, snorers (yes, you read that correctly), riffers, and cellphone addicts for me to have an enjoyable time in the theater. 

As for 3D, I couldn't care less. To me, it's a gimmick.
  • AdamPDAdamPD  
    Colonist
    Bah, closest IMAX for me is some 54 miles away heh.
  • AdamPDAdamPD  
    Colonist
    But...does anyone really want to see that pissy cobra in 3d? Gah! :P
  • nccollins57nccollins57  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I'm seeing it in IMAX the first time.  I know I'll miss details, but I will see it again in regular theaters later.  I think I want my Prometheus "virginity" broken in the most amazing forum possible for a lasting first impression.
    "Micro changes in air density, my a_s!" ~Ripley
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus

I'm seeing it in IMAX the first time.  I know I'll miss details, but I will see it again in regular theaters later.  I think I want my Prometheus "virginity" broken in the most amazing forum possible for a lasting first impression.

why will you miss details in an IMAX theatre?
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • ummesterummester  (1 like this)
    AssFlower

so this forum is kind of like foreplay then:)
    Suck fuddlety!
  • antovolkantovolk  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    IMAX is the best way for me. And not those small digital ones (people call them LieMAX) but a proper 70mm super-huge one. So yeah, seeing it US opening day at the BFI IMAX in London (largest screen in Europe, 20x26 metres IIRC)
  • alandroidalandroid  
    Colonist
    Not sure if the cinemas near you have it but one of my Cinemas has the new D-Box seats (which you can use in conjunction with Real 3D). I am still tossing up whether to go for that or not. Not sure if it will really play well with Prometheus.
  • secretsquirrelysecretsquirrely  (1 like this)
    Colonist

Dude if Prometheus comes out through D-box I will cream myself! We have a D-box cinema close by. I saw The Avengers there. The D-box made the difference from The Avengers being your standard popcorn flick to a fuck ton of awesome sauce. The chair moves directly in line with the movement on screen, like you ARE the camera. Is it gimmicky? Yes. But it's a lot of fun.

My plan (though probably not going to happen) is to see it first in IMAX, then standard 3D with some friends, and then D-box if it is released with the technology.

• PromethosPromethos  (2 like this)
    Colonist

The "best" way to see Prometheus

Together
  • alandroidalandroid  
    Colonist

Dude if Prometheus comes out through D-box I will cream myself! We have a D-box cinema close by. I saw The Avengers there. The D-box made the difference from The Avengers being your standard popcorn flick to a fuck ton of awesome sauce. The chair moves directly in line with the movement on screen, like you ARE the camera. Is it gimmicky? Yes. But it's a lot of fun.

My plan (though probably not going to happen) is to see it first in IMAX, then standard 3D with some friends, and then D-box if it is released with the technology.

If you have one near you, I'd imagine it will be happening then. Here is an image of the Cineworld wesbite confirming it is in D-Box at my local Cinema. image

Are you in the UK? If so, just follow the link below and check which cinema has it from the drop-down list on the right.
  • Sadly I'm in the Netherlands. I'm dependent on JT Cinemas having Prometheus in D-box..and then being lucky enough for the one in our area to have it. Fingers crossed tightly! Sadly, unlike UK cinemas, ours aren't the pre sale types. Only our IMAX cinemas are offering pre sale tickets.
  • xinauxinau  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Reposting this from UBIK's comment on another IMAX 3D thread, in case anyone missed it:

It looks like this is what I have tickets for on opening night... :(

IMAX Digital.
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • VisionistVisionist  
    Panton_Vel_Nusquam
    Mate, that sucks  :(

That's not fair at all.
    I'm the man who gets to fly around in a helicopter with a gun.
    You call me MUFWIG.
    Mother Fucker What's In Charge.
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  
    NukSuKow
    At the PrometheusNews advanced screening @ IMAX Melbourne :D
    You read it. I thought it was clear.
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  
    Catpower

Dats right 3rd largest imax in the WOOOORRRLLLDDD!!!!!
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus

Dats right 3rd largest imax in the WOOOORRRLLLDDD!!!!!

Wish i had one of those scifi helmets so i could swap identities so i could go and see the IMAX in melbourne lol
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • CharismCharism  
    Colonist
    How big is your IMAX?

Mine is 18m height and 24m weight. B)
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    I have no idea about the size in my local area. We have 2 IMAX screens here in my city. We have a fricken MASSIVE 'true' IMAX screen but those idiots only show documentaries and are planning on showing TDKR and The amazing spiderman this year. In my opinion the council wasted money on it because they wont show anything thats rated over 12 (pg-13).
    then there is a regular IMAX which i have no idea the size but its going to show prometheus.
  • RawrRawr  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I'll be seeing it in IMAX 3D at Sydney, 29.42m high by 35.73m wide :D
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (3 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    Rawr said:

lucky bastard lol. Are you attempting to tease us common folk with your big cinema. why dont you post a video of you waving your ticket in a mocking posture :D
  • VisionistVisionist  
    Panton_Vel_Nusquam
    Rawr said:

The World's Biggest I believe.
    I'm the man who gets to fly around in a helicopter with a gun.
    You call me MUFWIG.
    Mother Fucker What's In Charge.
  • UBIKUBIK  
    Colonist
    An interesting list, The Seven IMAX Wonders of the World:

http://gizmodo.com/5273201/the-seven-imax-wonders-of-the-world

I have been to the Cinesphere in 1980. Fantastic experience. I think that the place is scheduled to be closed due to budgetary reason (I could be wrong about it though).

Here's an example comparing a real IMAX with a generic screen (comparison of IMAX digital screens with original analogue IMAX screens):
    Source: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/14361/the-incredible-shrinking-imax-screen

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.