Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Site Updates & Feedback
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    @ummester Yeah, there's a good reason for them ;) And it's no fault of the forum software :p
    I wanna go home and party.
  • tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    Quote nesting...... how do I do it?

I find I'm having a really hard time with the format and layout of this message board.  A little frustrating, as I sorta pride myself on my ability to confuse fellow posters by combining replies to like seven or eight different people in one post.  But for whatever reason, I can't figure it out here.

Why am I stupid?

In no event should the foregoing be construed as a complaint about the site; Viscal does a yeoman's job here, and I don't want to be seen as the annoying squeaky wheel who complains about dry turkey when everyone else is raving about their sandwich.
    Perfect organism.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Hi tifosi77.

One quick way is to copy-paste portions of or all of people's posts.  Then simply use the highlight marker to indicate it's somebody else's words. I actually find this far easier than manually inserting shortcode such as [quote] [/quote] for multiple quotes in one post.

Another way is to hit the quote button for each person you want to quote who is above you. You can do it as much as you want and it will show up on your text input field.

I hope this helps! : )
  • aperezNWOaperezNWO  
    Colonist
    Hi @Viscal. Just to ask if the Discussion "Just Chat" was closed. By now I am delighting my self in the "Prometheus Memes" Discussion which has been an enormous relief for an often stressing job. Thanks for all that!
    Detachment is our safest attachment
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (1 like this)
    NukSuKow
    Hey aperez. The Just Chat thread is still open, it just hasn't been used for a while. Feel free to post in there again. :)
    You read it. I thought it was clear.
  • ViscalViscal  (2 like this)
    Brometheus
    How to add spoiler tags using code:

Example:
    it works

• VodiVodi  (1 like this)
    Predator
    Cheers, Viscal
    ps. mmm, heart disease food
    Viscal said:

How to add spoiler tags using code:

Example:

it works

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

So, a lot of threads get diverted into religious debate.

Would it be worth our while to set up a full religious debate thread in the general area and the mods can just cut out any comments that drift too far way from Prometheus and paste them in the religious debate thread.

Would a religious debate thread be in line with the site T&Cs? If all the heatedness of the topic was contained to a single thread, would it be a better way of dealing with it - so long as it was a play the subject and not the poster type of thing. Like no saying poster X is a fool because they believe in faith Y but a poster can comment on everything that is flawed about faith Y in that thread and that thread only?

Suck fuddlety!
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist
    There are two religious threads already in existence. 
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    I'm aware of the prometheus and Religion one homer - but by it's very nature that has a tendancy to move away from what is known about religion in the film into areas of general religion. What is the other thread?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/504/prometheus-and-religion/p1

I think it's pretty obvious religion and/or religious themes play a big part in Prometheus.  And so this topic would spill over to threads that originally had nothing to do with religion.

If the topic gets derailed where people start flaming each other, we will ask people to stay on topic or just close the thread. If it remains civil, then we likely won't say anything.

That said, personally, I can't monitor everything what people say here (even in the popular threads). There is a "flagging" function but it has been buggy. So if there's a problem you have with another user, please notify any one of the staff via PM.

I hope this helps.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Also just a reminder: Registered users can permanently close this panel on the right.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    I didn't have a problem with any posts Viscal - just noting that it comes up again and again and some posters get frustrated with it coming up again and again. Is all good in my hood:)
    Suck fuddlety!
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Viscal, you mentioned "badges" before. Maybe the people doing the contest should get a specific badge for that when you have that setup.
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    Hi KJohnson.

Unfortunately Vanlla Forums has yet to make it a part of their open-source forum software. However, it is available for their paid-platform.

Here are examples of how badges will work (which is customizable for anyone):
    http://vanillaforums.org/profile/10878/Lincoln
    http://vanillaforums.org/profile/36251/peregrine

Once Vanilla Forums makes it a standard feature, then we will definitely have something for participants of the contest and maybe other badges for the winner of the contest.  :)
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    testing testing one two

Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Looks like there are various add-ons/plug-ins in Vanilla. I guess those are probably paid platform also?
  • ViscalViscal  (2 like this)
    Brometheus
    The add-ons there are all for the open source version. Some you'll find we've been using them here :p
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (10 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    I'm amazed at what you've done with this site viscal.
    did you think this site would grow so much when you created it?
    when i found it on december 2011 i never expected this to be so big. you've done so much in so little time than what other well known sites took years to accomplish
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    Our News site was thriving, and so I just created the forum with little thought and as sort of an off-shoot. I honestly didn't expect the forum to be as big as it is now. 

Thank you for your kind words, Terra!  :)
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    Viscal said:

Our News site was thriving, and so I just created the forum with little thought and as sort of an off-shoot. I honestly didn't expect the forum to be as big as it is now. 

Thank you for your kind words, Terra!  :)

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • Chloe835Chloe835  
    FlyingLlama
    *edited*
    Groovy.
  • Chloe835Chloe835  
    FlyingLlama
    Wait, never mind. Ignore my previous post
    Groovy.
  • homer1962homer1962  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    It was at Christmas time last year. Me, my kids, sisters and their kids all get together at my mothers place same time every year. I was showing my kids, and others, the first full trailer, when I wondered was there a site dedicated to discussing all things Prometheus. So glad I found this place. I want to reiterate Terra's words. Well done Viscal and the boys.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    With the 6 threads created every day; would it benefit if there was a 'Approve thread' by the mods?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.