Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Misc Prometheus Stuff
  • SmokygraysonSmokygrayson  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    The sequal would be "interesting" for his character....

I guess he means his character would need to be brought back to life?
  • VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator

The sequal would be "interesting" for his character....

I guess he means his character would need to be brought back to life?

Or un-mutated? :P
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • caroleriouscarolerious  (1 like this)
    Starbeast
    anyone else seen this clip?? It definitely shows at least one blue bald fellow on Earth.
    I'm a bit skeptical though..

You always were an asshole, Gorman!
  • VodiVodi  (1 like this)
    Predator
    Interview with Nikeah Forde who worked on the Visual Effects/Data Wrangler in Prometheus:

Veronica: Who do you work for and what do you do?
    Nikeah: I am freelance, and a visual effects co-ordinator. On Prometheus I was a replacement Data Wrangler. 

V: What does a data wrangler do?
    N: A data wrangler takes all notes and measurements on set that the visual effects companies will need to recreate the scene virtually later on. I would take camera notes; height, tilt, distance to subject as well as lens details, what sort of set up the camera was on.

V: You’ve been on the crew for several other films and a TV mini-series including The Pacific, Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and, more recently, the Tim Burton film Dark Shadows. Was there anything unique about working on Prometheus compared to other films you’ve worked on?
    N: Prometheus is the only film I’ve worked on that shot in stereo, which means that for each shot there are two cameras side by side, so stereo means it will be in 3D. If you have two cameras they act like two eyes and depending on the crossover angle and the distance between them you create depth. You can shoot with one camera and later on cut each frame into depths to create 3D, this is called Post-Conversion, it’s not as good though. It’s super time consuming, but there are companies whose sole job is post-conversion. Each frame needs to have the work done to it, that’s the same with all VFX. That’s why our section of the credits is so long!

V: Speaking of credits, you told me that your name won’t be in the Prometheus credits, despite working on the film, why is that?
    N: I just stood in for two days when their Lead Wrangler was sick. There is usually a minimum amount of days that you need to work on a film before you get listed in the credits.

V: Did you get to work with any of the stars of the film? With whom and what did you work on with them?
    N: I did...I can’t really say. After the release [I’ll be able], but you will have to put a spoiler label on it. We all sign non-disclosure agreements when we come on board.

V: What was it like working with Sir Ridley Scott?
    N: He is an amazing director, he knows exactly what he wants. Which is perfect on set. It’s the best trait a director can have. 

V: What’s the best part of working on a film? 
    N: The crew, you are working such long and hard hours that you really bond with everyone.

V: What’s the most challenging part?
    N: The hours, you have no time for a social life once you are on set. It’s pretty hard, but if you reality check yourself every now and again and realize that you have a pretty cool job it’s easier.

V: Any perks from working on Prometheus?
    N: I got to explore the sets which were amazing.

V: Do you plan to see Prometheus when it hits theatres?
    N: Absolutely. It should be incredible. And the visual effects team were top notch. ;-)

V: Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I can’t wait to get more details next month and maybe see some behind-the-scenes photos too!
    N: Not a problem, [we’ll] speak soon! 
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    The heat is over whether the trailer and tweets are advertising or editorial since there were directions as to where to buy tickets.
  • VodiVodi  (5 like this)
    Predator
    Nice Estonian banner:

http://www.forumcinemas.ee/eng/Event/299046/ 

Rated 12 in Latvia:

"Under 12 not recommended"

http://www.forumcinemas.lv/eng/Event/300883/

Thanks to seeasea for the link!
    Predator
    “Ridley Scott wasn’t interested in chestbursters, facehuggers and xenomorphs”
    The ultimate Prometheus behind the scenes with stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace, and writer Damon Lindelof, and Alien Resurrection writer Joss Whedon

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/magazine-issues/prometheus-world-exclusive-in-scifinow-issue-67/ 

Thanks to seeasea for the link!
  • mittensmittens  
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

“Ridley Scott wasn’t interested in chestbursters, facehuggers and xenomorphs”
    The ultimate Prometheus behind the scenes with stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace, and writer Damon Lindelof, and Alien Resurrection writer Joss Whedon

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/magazine-issues/prometheus-world-exclusive-in-scifinow-issue-67/ 

Thanks to seeasea for the link!

Do you think this is worth buying?  I think I can buy an electronic digital version of this issue from the site
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    joss whedon on rewriting the mythology? WTF. whats that idiot ever done thats intelligent
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • mvk1978mvk1978  (1 like this)
    Colonist

"I'm not gonna say the R rating was inevitable, but the PG-13 cut of
    PROMETHEUS was eleven minutes long."

http://twitter.com/#!/damonlindelof

:D

• VodiVodi  
    Predator
    I couldn't tell you, mittens

Maybe the Prometheus section will
    appear online soon anyway ;)
  • mvk1978mvk1978  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    Some more:

"Also, we would have lost Charlize's best line: "Which one of you motherfuckers
    slept in my motherfucking space waterbed?"

• UBIKUBIK  
    Colonist
    Saw this while surfing the net, I don't know who took the photo, the source is from blu-ray forums: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=6117749
    Predator
    Thanks for sharing

It's already been posted though :)
  • BonusituationBonusituation  
    Like_A_Boss
    mvk1978 said:

LOL!

BTW, why does the UK seem to have several really good movie/science fiction magazines.  We don't have shit in the US, especially science fiction based.
    We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    was at my brothers earlier and was scrolling through his pc and found something very interesting. God help me but I've been trying really hard to find it again but cant. Those guys who do the ancient astronaut programme are planning on doing a 2 hour documentary debating the facts and fictions of the film prometheus lol
  • BonusituationBonusituation  
    Like_A_Boss
    Anyone have a link to the image of David's severed head by the SJ chair?  I've trolled and searched the forum and just can't find it.

Edit:  NVM, found one.

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (2 like this)
    Colonist

mvk1978 said:

LOL!

BTW, why does the UK seem to have several really good movie/science fiction magazines.  We don't have shit in the US, especially science fiction based.

Because all of us males over here live with our parents until we're 35.
  • mittensmittens  
    Colonist

was at my brothers earlier and was scrolling through his pc and found something very interesting. God help me but I've been trying really hard to find it again but cant. Those guys who do the ancient astronaut programme are planning on doing a 2 hour documentary debating the facts and fictions of the film prometheus lol

I think that was supposed to be a Discovery channel special?  Narrated or hosted by Ridley Scott no less?
  • mittensmittens  
    Colonist

Anyone have a link to the image of David's severed head by the SJ chair?  I've trolled and searched the forum and just can't find it.

Edit:  NVM, found one.

Note the gold bag on the ramp leading up to the platform opposite the entrance to the Orrery.  David's bag?
    Nice usage of the word "trolled".
  • RoonieRoonie  
    Colonist
    Interesting - Not sure if this has been posted yet / legit. (Possible Spoilers)

• mittensmittens  
    Colonist
    Roonie said:

Interesting - Not sure if this has been posted yet / legit. (Possible Spoilers)

That's been there for awhile.
  • SuzyMSuzyM  
    Colonist
    Some teenager reactions to the Prometheus trailer, mentioned in an LA Times blog entry, "Summer Movie Posse: Movie stars don't cut it with these kids". (Not that they're in the age group to see it! :D )

‘Prometheus’

Phoebe Kiekhofer, 16: “There’s way too much screaming in the trailer. It gave me a serious headache.”

Ariel Astrup: “The flashing is bad too. I was just getting into it,
    especially with the weird things crawling on the ceiling, but the
    flashing was too much like ‘Halo.’ Yuck!”

Jeremy: “It felt like a cross between ‘Alien’ and ‘National
    Treasure.’ I know there are some big names in the movie, but that’s not
    gonna get me to see it.”

Jannah Ustaris, 14: “I agree. The screaming was way too much for me.”

Reality disappoints me
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    Skye film location article:

Thanks to seeasea for the link

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.