Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Misc News And Current Events
  • I guess profits themselves won't increase too much. As resources deplete, it costs more to extract them. But I think they won't abandon an opportunity to continue those profits for as long as it is economically viable.

I agree that the current economic structure is unsustainable. It's fairly clear even to the biggest skeptic. The only issue I see is if it does break down, it will only be replaced with a variation of the same stupid trend. Fiat to replace Fiat. What's the definition of insanity again?
    You read it. I thought it was clear.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    a war between AVPG and prometheusforums has started.
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (1 like this)
    NukSuKow
    Ohh Terraformer, what have you done lol
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    No war.
    I wanna go home and party.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (2 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    i was spreading the word of god
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (1 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    Terra, what's the first rule about Fight Club?
    Vivez la yoga pants.
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (4 like this)
    Catpower
    Your breaking the rule nick, god damn it.
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • homer1962homer1962  (2 like this)
    Colonist

a war between AVPG and prometheusforums has started.

Does an ant declare war on a boot?
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    A bit late:

Sarkozy lost and Hollande won the French Presidential election:
    I wonder how that's going to affect the continual unending Euro/EU crisis. I doubt that Merkel is happy.

Electronic Arts stock is getting hammered:

• Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  
    NukSuKow
    There's talk that Hollande's objectives are in line with the BRICS nations and not with the US/EU ie. abolishing the USD as the world's reserve currency. 2012 sure is going to be interesting.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    My impression is that Hollande is likely to go against further austerity and to want to expand spending. So that would probably be more in line with BRICS than US/EU or at least against Germany's wishes.

Looks like Greece is headed towards demands about no more austerity by a coalition between extreme left and right.
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/05/06/147895/ruling-parties-headed-for-defeat.html
    NukSuKow
    Greece's economy has contracted severely since all the austerity measures came in. It backfired completely and destroyed any chance they had of repaying their debts. It's no wonder extremists are getting votes. Better start making some more gyros boys.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    NukSuKow

I loved 'Where the wild things are' as a kid. My inner child morns his passing.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Well not current to anyone unless they live in the area.  But we just had a small earthquake about 40 miles south of me. Nothing major only a 2.3. To me though this is news worthy.  Of course I have been in much larger ones, and come from a place that earthquakes are somewhat frequent.  Alaska.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Did you feel much of it yourself drxs0? 
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist
    Ah Alaska. Northern Exposure what a TV show.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    I think Northern Exposure was actually filmed in Oregon.
  • homer1962homer1962  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Where do we begin? X-files filmed in Vancouver. Blues Brothers II filmed in Toronto. The thorn birds filmed in Hawaii. Mission Impossible - ghost proctocal filmed in Prague as was Armadeus. Cold Mountain filmed in -drum roll- Romania. 
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist

Did you feel much of it yourself drxs0? 

No we had a second one about 45 min after the first.  The second one registered 3.1.  Now both my cat and dog did sense it.  Have to love animals and their senses.  What I found odd is that the second, which would be classified as an aftershock was stronger.  That doesn't happen often.

I hated the show Northern Exposure.  Your list of movies there homer I have one even more odd....the movie Twilight was filmed in Washington State.  The other movies were filmed in either Canada or Louisiana.  Makes no sense.  But it does work so who am I to argue.  I do know that Short Circuit was filmed in Portland OR.  The Goonies was filmed in Astoria OR.  Love the Goonies....Sorry I am rambling...
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    the forcast I endured today.

EARLY MORNING: strong mist that seeped over the nearby mountains and into my street like a tsunami

NOON: sunshine

AFTERNOON: heavy rain

DAY: hailstones

NIGHT: Freezing cold frost
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (2 like this)
    NukSuKow
    Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming!

• homer1962homer1962  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Amazing that George Clooney's career survived that train wreck. 
    NukSuKow

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.