Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
WeylandIndustries.com updated!
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    lol yeah if they can find them. I still have to reinstall wordpress and host those sound files again all cos of the server tranfer :p

I have 5 out of the 8 sites.
    2 of 8 http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89284
    3 of 8 http://latino-review.com/2012/04/17/exclusive-prometheus-viral-david-emotion
    4 of 8 http://www.slashfilm.com/exclusive-prometheus-viral-update-unlock-davids-emotions
    5 of 8 http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/excl-unlock-one-of-davids-emotions-with-prometheus-viral-code
    7 of 8 http://collider.com/prometheus-viral-david-emotion-code/159776

Apparently all the codes have been solved. So where did the other 3 codes come from?
    I wanna go home and party.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    What about mashable.com?

Appended:

I don't see a code there off-hand so its probably not on the list.
  • xinauxinau  
    Colonist
    At least one of them was straight-up guessed, per @antovolk on Twitter.
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Anton did a pretty good job of summing it up: "lucky guesses" :p  http://weylandinvestors.tumblr.com/
    I wanna go home and party.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    To me, it looks like the image of David for CONFIDENCE and DISGUST are the same.
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I wonder if David is evincing disgust for their mistakes.

contempt to any situation that he particularly loathsome, boring, or disdainful.
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • xinauxinau  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    "contempt to any situation that he particularly loathsome, boring, or disdainful."

Whole lotta typos in this viral campaign :(

Kinda jolts you right out of whatever suspension of disbelief you'd managed to gin up...

"If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Actually David's mouth appears a little crooked in DISGUST, like a slight sneer, than in the CONFIDENCE photo.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    There's probably a hidden code there.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • greenduskgreendusk  
    Colonist
    What codes are you talking about ? I can see all 8 emotions.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    Is it possible the basis for Weyland's accomplishments was stolen from the Space Jockeys?
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (5 like this)
    Colonist
    Maybe David is exhibiting DISGUST in relation to dealing with inferior income tax preparation software two hours before the filing deadline?
  • StarBeastStarBeast  
    Colonist

Any ideas on what the dots mean in the lower right corners of each segment? 

• tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    My buddy overlaid all of the grids on top of each other and there are two dots that are not highlighted in any of the segments; row two, dots 1 and 4.

Not sure what - if anything - is significant about that.
    Perfect organism.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    tifosi77 said:

My buddy overlaid all of the grids on top of each other and there are two dots that are not highlighted in any of the segments; row two, dots 1 and 4.

Not sure what - if anything - is significant about that.

What size is the overlaid grid or matrix, 8x8?

It could just be another binary or ASCII code.
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist

StarBeast said:

Any ideas on what the dots mean in the lower right corners of each segment? 

Oh Snap that's a binary clock.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist
    Has anyone notice that David's disgust and confidence expressions are the same?
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  
    Colonist
    KJ did.  There is a little quirk to the lip in disgust.
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    The dots are all in a 4x4 grid.  We were wondering if there might be some significance in the combination of dots that are never white, the null fields where no dot exists at all on some modules, and the black dots.
    Perfect organism.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Week 3 is up on the starmap app. So far it just took me to the mashable.com site with the David 8 video we already saw.

Appended:

The only new thing I see is the glyph tablet with I'm guessing is Mayan, the date 620 BCE and the globe with a marker over Korea or Japan.
  • tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    Also, on the flyout menu on the WeylandIndustries.com home page under "Project Prometheus"..... having a bugger of a time trying to decipher what the symbology is on all the classified bits!
    Perfect organism.
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist

KJ did.  There is a little quirk to the lip in disgust.

Scary the difference.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist

Week 3 is up on the starmap app. So far it just took me to the mashable.com site with the David 8 video we already saw.

Appended:

The only new thing I see is the glyph tablet with I'm guessing is Mayan, the date 620 BCE and the globe with a marker over Korea or Japan.

How are you getting Week 3 to load?   As of this posting, I still show 1hr 47 min on the countdown.
    Perfect organism.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    tifosi77 said:

Also, on the flyout menu on the WeylandIndustries.com home page under "Project Prometheus"..... having a bugger of a time trying to decipher what the symbology is on all the classified bits!

Some are "restricted" and some are "classified". The "classified" are underneath the "Project Prometheus" heading and the names of the selections are not even revealed. The "restricted" seem to point to places on "WeylandIndustries" but the links are dead.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    tifosi77 said:

Appended:

How are you getting Week 3 to load?   As of this posting, I still show 1hr 47 min on the countdown.

I used the US Facebook page to get to the starmap app; there are some differences between the US and UK Facebook pages. Maybe you need to reload your starmap app.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.