Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
‘Discover Prometheus’ with these New Images!
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    ARC said:

What is this "turned into" of which you speak?

Good point.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    I wonder if the Space Jockeys themselves are born from something resembling the xenomorph lifecycle? Perhaps that ends up getting twisted in such a way that the xenos are born?
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist

I wonder if the Space Jockeys themselves are born from something resembling the xenomorph lifecycle? Perhaps that ends up getting twisted in such a way that the xenos are born?

Could be, as of yet have seen a female SJ that is 9 feet tall.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    JasonDiaz said:

Could be, as of yet have seen a female SJ that is 9 feet tall.

Maybe they are androgynous. Or reproduce like flat worms.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    So Cuddles is the larval form of a space jockey?
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    I'm operating under the possibility that the xeno lifecycle we're familiar with could be bastardized-perhaps by human intervention (or maybe the SJ's themselves took their science too far).
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist

Why not have Cuddles as the larval form a brand new species created by the Space Jockeys?  Another possibility is that Cuddles has nothing to do with the Space Jockeys and is an indigenous form of life on LV-223.
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  
    Colonist

Why not have Cuddles as the larval form a brand new species created by the Space Jockeys?  Another possibility is that Cuddles has nothing to do with the Space Jockeys and is an indigenous form of life on LV-223.

Well, that was the initial presumption and has been well ruminated.  This is a divergent line of thought.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    I'm just trying to get inside the skin of the Space Jockeys here. As of now we have them, humans, and xenos in the Alien universe. Assuming that the Space Jockeys serve a "creative" function what are the ties that bind?
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Rabid the tie that binds is dna.  You do not have to have sex to create life.  Granted its more fun that way, but from what I have seen these guys are not much into fun.

~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (4 like this)
    Colonist

I'm just trying to get inside the skin of the Space Jockeys here.

On LV-223, jockey inhabits you!
  • Looking at the right leg of the figure it's possible to make out the eye shaped openings we can see on the legs of whomever is giving Shaw a bad day out at the end of the trailer. Several leaps of logic later, and it wouldn't surprise me to find that skin and clothing bond together as one. Cut it off! Cut it off!
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

ramp - I'm still batting for the theory that the xenos are created by the SJs as a life form that is a weapon. That the coissants are missiles - or delivery methods for that weapon.

As for the SJs themselves, I agree with drx. They are androgynous and, on top of that, more or less immortal. They break down and die eventually, as evidenced by the beginning of time sequence. They are a king that is dying, in that sense. On their homeworld, they are immortal. Away from it, they are not. But, as their homeworld was broken by their weapon, they have lost their immortaility. But, in attaining immortality, they also lost the need to reproduce and are man-like but niether male nor female anymore.

This could also explain why Weyland is so interested in the homeworld.

Suck fuddlety!
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist
    ummester said:

ramp - I'm still batting for the theory that the xenos are created by the SJs as a life form that is a weapon. That the coissants are missiles - or delivery methods for that weapon.

As for the SJs themselves, I agree with drx. They are androgynous and, on top of that, more or less immortal. They break down and die eventually, as evidenced by the beginning of time sequence. They are a king that is dying, in that sense. On their homeworld, they are immortal. Away from it, they are not. But, as their homeworld was broken by their weapon, they have lost their immortaility. But, in attaining immortality, they also lost the need to reproduce and are man-like but niether male nor female anymore.

This could also explain why Weyland is so interested in the homeworld.

Its not a theory; its fact. Ridley said so.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    cool, so that bit is squared away:) Where did he say so - I only came to believe it from all the theories and evidence here?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist
    After posting, I realised he did'n't say it was created by the SJs. What he said was he always believed the xeno was a genetically engineered bio-weapon. He said it in a televised interview when he was announcing he was making prometheus. (i think)
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    homer1962 said:

After posting, I realised he did'n't say it was created by the SJs. What he said was he always believed the xeno was a genetically engineered bio-weapon. He said it in a televised interview when he was announcing he was making prometheus. (i think)

That's correct, it was always his idea that they were but never written into his 'canon', Given that Scott always gets his way I would not be surprised to see this in the sequel to Prometheus but probably not in this movie itself.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • flatericflateric  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    xenomorphs, in common, like sitting on knees:)
    Bad things have small beginnings.
  • BonusituationBonusituation  (6 like this)
    Like_A_Boss
    Viscal said:

I posted the above image on the forums of my website (in a Random Picture thread in Off Topic) and it was reported to the moderators because it was too gross/disturbing for some people.  LOL!!!!  It works.
    We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • HephaestusHephaestus  
    Colonist

Viscal, great eye on the alien life cycle background.

I went a bit further and rotated then super imposed the alien life cycle over the ceiling mural and gave it an animation.  Pretty clear it's an exact copy of the life cycle background.  Very cool!

Where is the life cycle background???!!! As in the one that was copied? Haven't heard about this??
    Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
  • HephaestusHephaestus  
    Colonist
    Found it!

When did Giger create that?
    Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
  • VisionistVisionist  
    Panton_Vel_Nusquam

Looking at the mural it seems to me there may be some sort of definite relationship between SJ and Proto -Xeno. Maybe as a SJ reaches the end of it's life it slaps on a facehugger and dies by way of chestburster in some kind of strange ritual. What better way for an Engineer to die than by giving life to it's pet/helper? in it's death.

It could be a bastardized version of the Trill relationship seen in the Star Trek universe. I still think the xeno lifecycle (in some fashion) is part of the Space Jockeys' way of life. White work enters specially designed orifice in Space Jockey suit, Space Jockey sits in chair where "armor" wraps around him, white worm grows into "x", specially designed chestplate opens to release new organism into the gun like device in a controlled procedure, and then the gun like device deposits the organism into an ampule?

That sounds very Giger. One of the cooler theories I've read.
    I'm the man who gets to fly around in a helicopter with a gun.
    You call me MUFWIG.
    Mother Fucker What's In Charge.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    There seems to be a slight change on the US and UK Facebook "Discovering Prometheus" starmap app for Week 2. There is an additional selection for the animated Egyptian papyrus gif. When the second selection is chosen there is an option to download the gif. This download is in a .zip format instead of an uncompressed download. I don't see any differences off-hand between the new download and the gif animation sequence I grabbed last week off the screen but I haven't looked very closely. Probably not anything important, maybe they are just preparing for the next reveal in 1 day 8 hours.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.