Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
NECA 2012/13/14 - New Aliens, Marines and PROMETHEUS figures
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (1 like this)
    NukSuKow
    NECA have announced they will be releasing all new Aliens figures. Included will be 9inch(wonder) Alien Warriors in both normal and battle damaged varieties, with both Brown and Blue colour schemes. They will also be release a 7inch Corporal Hicks figure in addition to 2 undisclosed marines.

Everyone's favourite Alien, Big Chap, will be release in a hyper-detailed 22inch collectable, with new detailed packaging.

NECA said the Alien Queen is on the wishlist, with it likely to be developed in 2013 due to prior commitments with PROMETHEUS. So expect Space Jockey's, and whatever other nasty freaks from the film to be developed. First sculpts are expected to be shown around June. No release date has been given yet.

Read the full article here.
    You read it. I thought it was clear.
  • KanessonKanesson  
    Colonist

That's cool news, though I'm not very partial to NECA...Their Quality Control I feel leaves alot to be desired. I think Sideshow, Medicom, and Hot Toys produces the best Sculpts. I already have The Original McFarlane Movie Maniacs ALIENS Queen-what she lacks in articulation she makes up for in sculpt down to the glass teeth, I also own Mcfarlanes AvP(Had to have another queen no matter what franchise she came from) smaller Queen with 3 egg base so I'm good.

The Japanese Toy Company Konami also produced a sweet set of ALIEN/ALIENS Collectables that are exquisitely detailed, even their chase-figure The "Space Jockey"...maybe if NECA produces a well sculpted ALIEN "Fossilized" Space Jockey, I may make a purchase...all in all good news for ALIEN's Collectors.

"They say every Atom in our bodies was once part of a Star, maybe I'm not leaving...maybe I'm going home"
  • NragemachineNragemachine  
    space_jesus
    Definitely will have to keep an eye on these, I might want some schweet collectibles for what promises to be a terrific film. :)
    Assholes and elbows.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Here's a recent, relevant Tweet from NECA

Also a glimpse of inside their booth at the 2012 Toy Fair. This is where we first came to know NECA (along with Hot Toys, btw) will be making Prometheus toys.
    I wanna go home and party.
  • I doubt I'll pick up the Queen unless it is insane. I already got the MacFarlane one, that'll do for now.

I'll be getting me some marines though, oorrahh.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    I live in Tokyo where my stay here is transient to begin with. I can't start buying stuff on the chance I might have to move right away (big earthquake, other emergencies, etc...)

:/
  • Don't you guys have massive robots to help out?
  • ViscalViscal  (3 like this)
    Brometheus
    full-scale Gundam
  • Japan. Best. Place. Ever.
  • aperezNWOaperezNWO  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Japan. Best. Place. Ever.

full-scale Gundam

Detachment is our safest attachment
  • VodiVodi  (3 like this)
    Predator
    New NECA Aliens

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • nerdcricketnerdcricket  
    Colonist
    I still like Mcfarlane toys better but NECA is stepping up and a good company taking over the line.
  • VodiVodi  (4 like this)
    Predator
  • VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator
    NECA release Series 3 of their Prometheus figures this summer

Here's a peek at one of the accessories:

ps. the ampule opens
  • NeelisNeelis  
    Colonist
    Nice, though I'm still waiting on my series II figures (David and the Deacon); the company I ordered them at told me the manufacturer is having trouble getting these out. They were supposed to be released at the start of April, but haven't been shipped yet. 
  • KanessonKanesson  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I bought DAVID & the DEACON like 3 weeks ago at my local Toys'R'Us...planning on buying another of each to open when I get the chance(Dessicated Engineer head in helmet is EXTREMELY well done it's C-R-E-E-P-Y!...lit just right, those black eyes and wrinkled skin look virtually "Alive", and the Hammerpede is also very well done). The Deacon is nice, but could have been done better, DAVIDs face is a great sculpt of Fassbender and the Helmets cool.

I can't wait to get that ampoule, it looks like a nice sculpt so far-and heres hoping the inside is sculpted just as well. This line doesn't seem to be selling so well down here as both ENGINEERS and the TRILOBITE seem to have become pegwarmers(hopefully that's just down here)...I dunno if it's the price point or lack of demand, either way I hope it doesn't affect the release of more collectibles.
    "They say every Atom in our bodies was once part of a Star, maybe I'm not leaving...maybe I'm going home"
  • NeelisNeelis  
    Colonist
    You have it already!? These guys I bought it from (KBbooks or something) still don't have it in stock, and I ordered them at least two months ago! 

They told me to wait, or I could get my money back. Disappointing. Hope they get them in soon and will ship them straight away. 
  • KanessonKanesson  (2 like this)
    Colonist

Yeah, I found them on the pegs-it's gotta be a little over a month now...they're very well done, DAVID has much more articulation points than the "Suited" ENGINEERS. Both of his heads are very nice renditions of Fassbender too(what with that laser face scanning they did of him and all), the ONLY thing is some of the paint apps aren't all perfect which makes buying them at Toys'R'Us better as you can pick out the best ones(some of the eyes are a little off, and can make for funky looking cross-eyed or "deer in headlight") expressions.

The DEACONs mouth also is different than the promotional pic as it has to open and close so it's not as natural as the Promo Pic, but that's something that just couldn't be avoided, so overall he still looks cool and is a faithful translation from screen to figure...the only thing I wish they would'a done different is his paint...he's pretty glossy and comes off looking kinda like cheap plastic-but that's just a by-product of the paint other than those nits, he's a great sculpt.

Weird that your guys STILL haven't gotten them, but then again NECA had a contract of "Exclusivity" with TRU so that may be why they got them so quick...there's plenty of both Series on the pegs at my local TRU, they're selling, but not like say McFarlanes "The Walking Dead" line...those sold like hotcakes!

• NeelisNeelis  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Thanks! We don't have TRU's here, I'm in The Netherlands. Will have to wait for them then, and hope for the best. I might shoot these guys another e-mail, their communication isn't the best, I'm afraid. 
    Colonist
    Oh!..Sorry, I didn't know you were across the pond. You may not have TRU's, but your capital has "Coffee Houses"...INSTANT WIN!...but seriously, good luck-I hope these guys aren't dicking you around because all the TRU's in my area are swimming in Series 1 and 2 of this line *Not so much TARGET & WAL*MART though...hope you get'em soon and DAVID can see straight.  @-)
    Colonist
    No problem!

You mean "coffee shops" as in: weed? I've been to one once, I've never smoked a joint myself. (I don't smoke at all.) ;) 

We do have Starbucks now, too. It's quite expensive. As a non-coffee drinker, I sometimes get a cup of tea there, but there's usually (much) cheaper venues around the corner. 

As for the figures: I have to wait a bit more, they should ship this month. The David figure's the one I really want, I hope he's as good looking as you describe him, and the promotional pictures I've seen of him! :) 
    Colonist
    Yup, weed haha, sorry if that offends you though but I loved smoking in my younger days and ALWAYS wanted to visit Amsterdam. I think I'd rather have some genuine coffee or tea from a local shop than Starbucks overpriced corporate brew too. I hope you get a well paint apped DAVID, he's a very cool figure and looks great with his helmet on!-Cheers Dude!
    Colonist
    No, doesn't offend me at all, no worries! ;) 
  • NeelisNeelis  
    Colonist
    I'm pretty pissed off right now: these guys haven't responded to a question I've sent them last week (asking if the items would still be shipped as, for some reason, I can't find my order in the "purchase" list anymore) - and I found them online, being sold by a Dutch (!) company who has them in stock! 

I've let them know I want my money refunded as this is taking way too long. How can everyone already have them, except for them

First time having problem with an E-Bay purchase. Dealing with private persons selling items has never been an issue, buying an item from a big company (with a good track record, first thing I always look at) and they can't deliver. Shoot. 

EDIT: Problem solved. They will refund my money and I've ordered them from another company. :) 
  • KanessonKanesson  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Whoa, man!-that sucks you had to wait so long for nothing...Hope you find them worth the wait, (the ENGINEER head in the "rotted" Helmet looks badass though with the dried out wrinkly skin and jet-black shiny eyes) and DAVID is a great figure articulation wise and face sculpt.(hope the paint apps are well done too) Good Luck! ;)
  • NeelisNeelis  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Yeah, can't wait for them, especially David! Hope to receive them either tomorrow or Saturday! :) 

EDIT: Just saw the e-mail: they've shipped my order. Hurray! :D

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.