Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
NEW International Prometheus Poster Arrives
  • ViscalViscal  (8 like this)
    Brometheus
    From a Facebook page owned by a Malaysian film company. Currently unsure as to whether or not this poster will hit stateside.

Source
    Thanks to seeasea for the link!
    I wanna go home and party.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (6 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    No, that doesn't spoil anything. : P
    Vivez la yoga pants.
  • VodiVodi  (4 like this)
    Predator
    Some crazy scaling issues with the ships there

Nice action-packed poster though
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • prometheus_downprometheus_down  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    Not a fan of that.
    From the stars we came. From the stars we return. From now, till the end of time.
  • Brian_O_BlivionBrian_O_Blivion  (3 like this)
    Lazer_Brain
    Well, they just primed up a bunch of Michael Bay fans for disapointment at least.
  • srinivas1015srinivas1015  
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

Some crazy scaling issues with the ships there

Nice action-packed poster though

I hope it's not false advertising. It looks like a space action flick based on the poster.
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  
    Colonist
    There sure are a lot of people running from that crash.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Updated it to a slightly higher-res version
    I wanna go home and party.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Nope, still looks bad. Reminds me of Ridley being unhappy with the original Blade Runner poster. Now I know how he felt.
    Vivez la yoga pants.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

There sure are a lot of people running from that crash.

But only two that we can see the faces of, who just happen to be the two we know are running from the Juggernaut. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest these non-western countries often do weird stuff like this.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  
    Colonist
    I'm not worried about it at all. I've seen enough posters go together to understand the processes behind it. I always think of the one for Reign of Fire as a prime example of truth in advertising.
  • ummesterummester  (4 like this)
    AssFlower

Ok - officially, the Prometheus marketting campaign is schizophrenic

PG - R - PG - R

Ship name on - ship name off

Landing screen text on - landing screen text off

Croissant one way - croissant the other way

It's action - it's horror

Suck fuddlety!
  • hellsfoxeshellsfoxes  
    Colonist
    i think Fox are desperate to win young audiences over to the film since it isn't trending well with that key demographic.

What sucks is that they really should be putting something like "a new chapter of the ALIEN saga" which would really make most sense to those not already in the know. The problem is I'm guessing Ridley is insisting that its not really an Alien film or something so they can only say "from the director of Alien" on it. But nothing in the action would obviously show that.

So we're left with a hollow poster campaign trying to force Prometheus into a vague action/discovery film for the kids. SERIOUSLY, what in that poster above is a good representation of Prometheus! For those in the know, it basically just says "here's a big spoiler for the final action set piece if you didn't catch it in the trailer!"

I think they should have gone all out creepy horror with the posters like the original Alien One Sheet and no, before you say it, the bald giant statue ain't creepy.

• CarneCarne  
    Colonist
    I think the 4th person in the poster is Fifield. 
  • hellsfoxeshellsfoxes  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Carne said:

I think the 4th person in the poster is Fifield. 

actually that explosion between the two ships kinda looks like his mohawk...

PROMEFIFIELDCROISSANT!!!!!!!
  • DeclanHDeclanH  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    One of them is holding Cuddles aloft? Oh wait, it's just another explorer in the background. Shit!
    "Fingers. Fingers!"
  • burkeburke  
    Colonist
    I hope they draw crowds in big numbers. It should give the movie more exposure as most people who go in expecting space action may be horrified at what they have just witnessed! The poster is a bit crass but speaks more about modern movie making than the movie itself. In these...the last days before rerlease, my faith has been restored. I have seen/heard way too many spoilers to make it as enjoyable a first time experience as Alien but it is gonna rock! As some have commented it will probably be third best in the series but for die hard
    A L I E N fans it could be second best. In other news i secured a new job so may not get to the midnight screening!ahhh!
    You're going out there to destroy them, right?
    That's the plan. You have my word on it.
  • secretsquirrelysecretsquirrely  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    To quote a certain cartoon horse: No, sir. I don't like it.

I'm fine with them trying to amp up the excitement, but I just find this poster fairly ugly for an official release. Most of the fan art that came out over time looks more refined than this poster. Plus I'm really not a big fan of the overly smudgy "made-to-look-like-a-drawing" type of posters. The Avengers did it as well and I cringed, same with The Dark Knight. 

The giant head is iconic by now...they should have kept it at that. Or maybe something equally mysterious like the Juggernaut lying on its side, or the boob-temple. This just feels a bit cheap. 

Boo marketing team. Boo!
  • virtftwvirtftw  
    Colonist
    Very tuned to the typical Avenger crowd that ... 

*looks down. "my my, big things really can have small beginnings"
  • burkeburke  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    At least we know the crash isnt really a big plotline if they are going to reveal it in a poster. That being said..our whizz kid marketing noobs showed cuddles being removed which is a fairly big spoiler.
    You're going out there to destroy them, right?
    That's the plan. You have my word on it.
  • XenoFearXenoFear  
    Colonist
    I dont think its from the same scenes IMO. the pic of the ship is when its landing with the sj ship exploding plastered over it.
    so the "other crew members could just be added in to the running/crashing scene.

• wizper_dkwizper_dk  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    6th. of June ? Poor you, lucky me living in Denmark - Got my tickets for the 3D version saturday 2nd. and it premieres 30th. of may.

Not a big fan of this poster though, it focus way too much on action - and as Vodi points out, the scaling looks off...
  • SatiSati  
    Colonist
    I probably shouldn't like it, but it's not that bad. Except for Charlize, she looks quite out of place.
  • RedAFXRedAFX  (5 like this)
    Colonist
    Now that's a good poster, Blade Runner-esque.
    To those who don't like it, the mainstream audience will like it more, it will sell more, we will get a better sequel; simples.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    That could just be a local poster that a Malaysian artist came up with.
  • LampuLampu  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Hi, first time poster, long time lurker. I 'm Malaysian and I havents een this poster anyway myself. May i ask the OP which company is this? The two major film companies here are TGV ( Tanjung Golden Village) & GSC ( Golden Screen Cinemas) and I tried looking for this company on both websites but found only the standard head poster.

Personally I dont like the poster design....but perfectly understandable why. they want to market it to non alien geeks ...

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.