i see nothing new on the apple page
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Try it now... added it to our Metacafe account
    I wanna go home and party.
  • TopgunTopgun  
    Colonist
    Nice :)
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    The sound in that clip is incredible.
  • WintergreeneWintergreene  
    Colonist

Looks really good.  Although, this clip reveals nothing!

• K_Price85K_Price85  
    Colonist
    Good stuff, does the storm throw them off their mark because Holloway ask if Janek can put them down near the temple. Did they have another LZ plotted? 
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    The clip hasn't shown up on the iTunes Store trailer page for Prometheus but does appear on the trailers.apple.com site.

The trailers site also allows the option of downloading a 1080p .mov version.

Appended: The clip now shows up on the iTunes store.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    K_Price85 said:

Good stuff, does the storm throw them off their mark because Holloway ask if Janek can put them down near the temple. Did they have another LZ plotted? 

I think that they were doing some searching. Holloway's statement about straight lines is said before the temples are seen, I think he was referring to the straight lines on the valley floor before they actually enter the valley.
  • BonusituationBonusituation  (8 like this)
    Like_A_Boss
    Can't wait!

Still don't like Prometheus slathered on the side of the ship.  Distracting and just doesn't look right to me.
    We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • antovolkantovolk  
    Colonist
    Fantastic clip Viscal, hope you don't mind me using your Metacafe embed on my blog :P Apple haven't enabled the embeds yet...
    Also, the shot of the Prometheus from the side at the start feels a bit out of place, and it definitely won't be like that in the film, we can even hear everyone strapping in like there was supposed to be a different scene there. Also, there's that beautiful shot seen in full in the Creations featurette of the ship rolling to be parallel to the horizon...why miss that out?
  • xinauxinau  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    Hm.... Original score being heard for the first time?
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • ARCARC  (4 like this)
    Colonist

"Whoa, now that's weather!"

I may have to enter a comatose state for the next two weeks as I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!! GRRRR!

*inhales deeply*

*thinks of kittens*

*exhales slowly*

That's better.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..."
  • BonusituationBonusituation  (1 like this)
    Like_A_Boss
    The atmospheric composition is exactly that of Earth.  Why do they need suits/helmets?
    We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (3 like this)
    Colonist

The atmospheric composition is exactly that of Earth.  Why do they need suits/helmets?

71% nitrogen (Earth = 78%), 21% Oxygen. It's what's in the remaining 8% that matters.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • WintergreeneWintergreene  
    Colonist

Well, I guess that explains why they are walking around the temple without helmets.  
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

Well, I guess that explains why they are walking around the temple without helmets.  

It's not the same.
    Like_A_Boss

71% nitrogen (Earth = 78%), 21% Oxygen. It's what's in the remaining 8% that matters.

Okay, not exactly, but nearly identical.

Our atmosphere has trace elements in it that aren't very healthy either (sulfur, CO, etc).  Hopefully they explain the need for the suits since at least from this trailer the atmosphere is an explorer's dream come true.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (8 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    i think holloway was being sarcastic guys lol :)
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • McyMcy  (7 like this)
    Colonist
    These clips are like crack. 
  • BonusituationBonusituation  
    Like_A_Boss
    i think holloway was being sarcastic guys lol :)

It wasn't based on Halloway's remark, it was based on the reading of the atmospheric composition.  :P
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    One drop of pure nicotine is enough to kill someone instantly yet people inhale trace elements day after day. The missing 8% of LV-223's atmosphere is obviously what makes the spacsuits essential as this is what contains the toxic elements.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Could be very cold requiring the use of helmets. Did they state the atmospheric pressure besides the composition? If the pressure is too low then they might need the helmets even if the composition is near earth normal. Likewise if the pressure is too high; O2 at earth atmosphere composition becomes poisonous at more than 2 atms or so (more like 3-4 atms), excess nitrogen can lead to narcosis.
  • McyMcy  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    I would suggest that going into a unknown atmosphere would make helments a necessary evil, even if the air chemical mix in the air was the same as your bedroom (and I hope you don't a helmet in your bedroom).  Whoe knows what germs and such are floating around in it?
    Like_A_Boss
    bunnypf said:

The missing 8% of LV-223's atmosphere is obviously what makes the spacsuits essential as this is what contains the toxic elements.

Actually it's not obvious since you are extrapolating just as I am...only in the other direction.  The only way it would be "obvious" is if you heard something different than me in the trailer such as "and toxic levels of _____ detected."  And I didn't hear it. 
    :P

We'll have to just wait and see I guess.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.