Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
New Prometheus stills.
  • EffectzEffectz  (8 like this)
    Colonist
    I dont know if this was posted but they added them up on the official facebook page.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • AdamPDAdamPD  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    The controls of the ship, or rather that green wavy stuff, almost looks organic.
  • RedAFXRedAFX  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    Tasty, thanks for posting good sir/madam.

So that's how we see young Shaw and her dad, her memories are on that computer, reminds me of Blade Runner.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    I still struggle with the relevance of the giant head. It's clearly a representation of the Engineers themselves, but is it set up in a reverential (idol) fashion. Who is the "God" in this story? Rumors suggest something closer to a xeno than a humanoid-which makes this even more puzzling. Cool pic of the ampules though. Do they represent the many failed attempts of the Engineer to replicate their god?
  • metrojoe82metrojoe82  
    Colonist
    Man that giant head sure is ugly. And the Engineer suits sure are tall.
  • mittensmittens  
    Colonist
    HOLY SH*T!
  • EffectzEffectz  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    They are looking more like statues to me.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • mittensmittens  
    Colonist
    If you look at the center of the hologram of the temple mound, you can finally see the Big Head with Millburn's and Fifield's yellow diamond markers in front of it.  I take this to be the sequence where the face burster makes its first appearance.
  • BonusituationBonusituation  (2 like this)
    Like_A_Boss
    4 suits for the 4 SJ pods...natch.
    We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    Right, so thy have this "religious" space that has a giant representation of an Engineer head not to mention statues of Engineer suits. Where are the depictions of the "gods"?
  • EffectzEffectz  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Think they're statues,considering how big these humanoids are there wouldnt be much room to get into them in that corridor,they alos look stiff and rigid.
  • VodiVodi  (1 like this)
    Predator
    Thansk, Effectz

These have already been posted, but I think they'll benefit from their own thread, so...

SJ or  statue?

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • topher666topher666  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Is that a sonogram in the shaw pic?
  • VodiVodi  (1 like this)
    Predator
    topher666 said:

Is that a sonogram in the shaw pic?

Certainly looks like it

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • That does look like an ultrasound in that picture - between the 'video' and the vitruvian man image...good catch - methinks I see a pronounced "tail".
  • AdamPDAdamPD  
    Colonist
    Not sure if I see a tail, but..if it is a normal baby, does that mean she becomes infected by holloway, or by the engineer, which then mutates the baby into that squid thing? Ugh

Also noticed on that picture the words "Language frequency" and "Arecibo Message Frequency 1"
    With a bunch of pictographs, is it possible they picked up a transmission from the planet at Arecibo
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    So what, the statues are "alive" and spring into action?
  • AdamPDAdamPD  
    Colonist

So what, the statues are "alive" and spring into action?

To be honest, I think they're space suits, for when the jockeys leave the ship and go outside.
    Seems to me there's an atmosphere in the ship, and possibly the temple, as you see some crew members without helmets on in some shots.
    Either that or they don those spacesuits for when they pilot the ship.
    Dunno, 4 suits, 1 pilot chair?
  • RobotpoRobotpo  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    Effectz said:

This appears to be a "greeting message" with much of Man's history and information on the species prepared for contact with the Engineers...the sonogram is thus an illustration of our reproductive process. I do believe that that pic also includes the "Greeting Message Violinist" from the credits...
  • edou777edou777  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

Thansk, Effectz

These have already been posted, but I think they'll benefit from their own thread, so...

SJ or  statue?

I would say statues (because of the pedestals)
  • AdamPDAdamPD  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Interesting, so they're taking a human encyclopedia with them,as a greeting, not a good idea unless you know the aliens intent, imo, hehe
  • AdamPDAdamPD  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    In the temple shot, did anyone notice those tubes going into the large chambers under the temple?

Perhaps they are storage areas for the black goo.
  • mittensmittens  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    AdamPD said:

In the temple shot, did anyone notice those tubes going into the large chambers under the temple?

Perhaps they are storage areas for the black goo.

Or garbage disposals for nosy alien visitors.
  • mittensmittens  
    Colonist

4 suits for the 4 SJ pods...natch.

And 4 temples for the 4 SJ's too?
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    Good stuff Effectz, thanks for putting these up!
    I wanna go home and party.
  • metrojoe82metrojoe82  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Oof. what if Shaw is pregnant all along and then her human baby gets infected? That would be a real shame.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.