Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Prometheus FAQs
  • ViscalViscal  (5 like this)
    Brometheus
    Warning: HEAVY SPOILERS WITHIN

I welcome you to our official frequently asked questions thread. This first post will be updated as more questions+answers come in. Also registered users can dismiss this thread to unsticky it.

As for the questions themselves, users can pose one that he may think is frequently asked AND, also provide an answer for it. In this scenario, any one of our forum staff will add your entry to the first post and will give you credit for it. Or simply ask a Prometheus question you don't know the answer to.

Now let's begin:

What is Prometheus in the movie?
    It is the name of the human-built space ship. Source 1

Is this an Alien prequel?
    No. The story arcs of the two movies will apparently not overlap and there will be no characters from the first four movies in Prometheus. Further, some cast and crew have said that this is a separate story, a separate franchise, Prometheus only has passing ties to the original Alien (much less to the subsequent movies), and have explicitly said it's not a prequel. Source 1, Source 2, Source 3, Source 4, Source 5

Is this in the same Alien film universe?
    Yes. The derelict-looking ship in the official first trailer is enough evidence to say yes to this.

Is the derelict-looking ship in the trailer the same as the one on LV-426?
    No. The two ships differ from exterior design alone. A less conclusive hint is that the end of Prometheus will not lead into the beginning of ALIEN. Source

Are there xenomorphs?
    If yes, then not likely in the classic shape we're familiar with. Source 1

Is Giger involved?
    Yes. At the minimum he's working on murals for Prometheus. He may be also involved in other aspects of design.  Source

Is Vickers an android?
    No, she is just insanely hot in Spandex.

Is the planet in "Prometheus" the same one in "Alien" and "Aliens"?
    No, the planet in "Prometheus" is called LV-223 and the planet in "Alien" and "Aliens" is LV-426.  These planets are in the same star system (Zeta Reticuli), however, so in galactic terms they are relatively close neighbors.

What's in the box?

Gwyneth Paltrow's head.

Why is the Engineer in "Prometheus" not in his char when he gets chestbursted?
    Because he's not the same guy as the one in "Alien".

Is the Space Jockey as we see it in ALIEN just a suit?
    Yes. Source 1, Source 2

Will there be an alien queen?
    No. The movies after ALIEN have nothing to do with Prometheus (except perhaps for the letter d in Weyland). Source

What is that green goo David pulls out?
    Unknown at the moment. The goo (or pods) some say are seeds for life that are planted in desolate planets. Some say they are proto-huggers.

Will the Predator make an appearance in Prometheus?

No.

Where did the idea of The Magellan in Prometheus come from?
    http://i.imgur.com/fAu9Z.jpg

Again, feel free to add your own question+answer :)
    I wanna go home and party.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Does Vickers go commando?
    "It's all in the reflexes."
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Not sure what her specific actions would be but Charlize has said that she plays somewhat of a villain. http://www.totalfilm.com/news/charlize-theron-talks-prometheus As a result, she may just lose it at some point.

Also at the end of the trailer we see Vickers not just running away from the craft, but possibly also chasing after Shaw?!
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Oh, I meant, does she go commando in the sense that she doesn't wear any underwear. : P

I'm willing to bet that she goes bananas, or at least, she has a special order a la Ash and starts being less than considerate of her crew mates. I can't help but be reminded of Monster when I think of Charlize.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Haha now we're talking! Stills from the 1080p indicate no lines of that sort : p
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Holy shit, you're right! : )
  • So i guess ill have to wait longer for someone to make an alien prequel, the kind of cannon prequel that explains how weylan-yutani knew about the crashed derelict. i love ridley and im looking foward to seeing this more than the other over hyped films coming out this year

but i still cant help having an annoying feeling inside my alien fandom heart that this film isnt even a prequel.
    set in the same universe but still. everyone is still waiting for the Special order 396' to be answered.
    I was an AVP fan like you. . . Till I took an Arrow to the knee!!!!
  • KanessonKanesson  
    Colonist
    If I'm not mistaken it's Special Order 937...at least that's what I remember.
    "They say every Atom in our bodies was once part of a Star, maybe I'm not leaving...maybe I'm going home"
  • oh yeah my mistake :D
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Makes me wonder what Special Order 396 was... Probably pizza. Space-age Cottage Inn.
  • or chuck norris's sperm bank. his donated eggs are dangerous
  • Wonder what Christian creationists (uneducated dim-wits) are saying about this since it wil ldeal with evolution
  • i know for a fact the final 18 minutes of the film will connect with alien and tie up a few loose ends, that is until 2015 when the real prequel comes out

They mostly come out at night............mostly
  • BobSagatBobSagat  
    Colonist

i know for a fact the final 18 minutes of the film will connect with alien and tie up a few loose ends, that is until 2015 when the real prequel comes out

no
    A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
  • the writer has said the ending in this film will not lead to the events of alien. his words were, "The events of Prometheus has nothing to do with the Nostromo. That was a different planet and a different derelict'

In alien they landed in a small planetoid that orbited a large planet. In prometheus they go to a planet.
  • nineinchwondernineinchwonder  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    i love how some people try and say that they know the story and what is going to happen in it when NOTHING is known. no supposed leaked script or synopsis is true. that is fact. It is so fact that the fact that no one knows about this films storyline is up there with evolution. no one can prove it otherwise.
  • i love how some people try and say that they know the story and what is going to happen in it when NOTHING is known. no supposed leaked script or synopsis is true. that is fact. It is so fact that the fact that no one knows about this films storyline is up there with evolution. no one can prove it otherwise.

Exactly. And that's also why it's equally possible that the ending of Prometheus will indeed tie into Alien and LV-426. As far as we know, these remarks by the writer could be disinfo. Or the other remark that the film will also feature Zeta 2 Reticuli is disinfo. So yeah, nothing is known, everything is possible… well, almost everything. ;)
  • exactly roby. i think all of us will be surprised. i bet ridley does something new and original. hey do you know if ridley is still wanting to do a sequel?
  • Next up for Scott—as director, aside from his many projects as producer—is apparently The Counsellor and (possibly) the sequel to Blade Runner. Even more films are mentioned here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridley_Scott#Planned_projects … It wouldn't surprise me if Scott, after all these projects, doesn't want to direct a Prometheus sequel. He's a great director artist, extremely versatile, always looking for new avenues. Anyway, since the original Alien series is dead, Fox is surely looking for a good substitute in the hard SciFi thriller genre, even better if it's set in the same universe. They know about the success of Star Trek, and there's nothing like a good working franchise with offshoots. There was one rumor that they already do want a sequel. (But just that: a rumor.) Scott as director? Don't know. Maybe Cameron should do the sequel, and Fincher part 3. That would be something. :)

• i love how some people try and say that they know the story and what is going to happen in it when NOTHING is known. no supposed leaked script or synopsis is true. that is fact. It is so fact that the fact that no one knows about this films storyline is up there with evolution. no one can prove it otherwise.

I don't know much but what I am expecting is of course sophisticated biomechanical technology.  That short scene with the laser (security system) in the "jockey's lair" really made my eyebrows raise.  I really really hope the ship/temple walls come to life and capture one of them in a very shockingly grotesque fashion. Only true fans of the artwork would see that coming.
    I'm a self made man, I slipped on pee pee at the Cosco and now I never have to work another day in my life
  • your prays will be answered. HR giger had his sick twisted but beautifull artistic touch on the designs for this film
  • BobSagatBobSagat  
    Colonist

I really really hope the ship/temple walls come to life and capture one of them in a very shockingly grotesque fashion. Only true fans of the artwork would see that coming.

but the Jockey base/ship set designs (apart from the reported murals) are all Arthur Max. But obviously it's Ridley's call to make this shit happen
  • BobSagatBobSagat  (3 like this)
    Colonist
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Awesome pic, BobSagat.
  • aperezNWOaperezNWO  
    Colonist
    Guys, please stop using imageshack, they always remove the images!
    Detachment is our safest attachment
  • Do you have an alternative? tinypic maybe?
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.