Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
WEYLAND CORPORATE TIMELINE VS ALIEN FRANCHISE
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    I was recently going through the time line and trying to connect the stuff the weyland corporate timeline revealed to scenario's, scenes and stuff in the alien series. So far I've connected the exo-skeleton cargo mover with Aliens, the rifle from Aliens, the colonial marines, Terraforming in aliens, Yutani. Since you people are from a higher intelligence than I, what can you connect.
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • seotaiji1982seotaiji1982  
    Colonist
    I did find that odd as well. Ridley keeps saying PROMETHEUS is a stand-alone film barely connected to the first ALIEN movie itself. But the Weyland Timeline talks about power-loaders, colonial marines, teraforming planets with atmospheric processors, and the slogan "Building Better Worlds" which I believe came from a deleted scene in ALIENS.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    The viral marketing stuff is not necessarily something Scott is directly connected with. The viral people are probably given some leeway in coming up with things that fit into the rest of the Alien universe. They are probably working from some notes that a production assistant or a writer came up with but are filling in things to fill out their website. They probably need someone in production to sign off on what they do but I very much doubt it is Scott himself.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist

Regardless of how you categorize Prometheus (prequel/stand-alone/etc.) it is still part of the Alien universe-of which Aliens is part of. I welcome these details.

• tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    Other connections to the existing canon mentioned in the Weyland corporate timeline:

- Off-world penal colony, "HD85512 b Class E Correctional Unit".
    - Stasis & hypersleep
    - Discovery of the Outer Veil (where the Fiorina prison colony in "Alien 3" is located)
    - The discovery of LV-426/Acheron near Zeta II Reticuli (which I'm confused about; I didn't think this planetoid was named until the time between "Alien" and "Aliens", otherwise why didn't Lambert just tell the Nostromo's crew they were at LV-426?)

I'm still trying to figure out what the 'storm rifle' is all about.  A shoulder-fired weapon that can track targets that are 500 clicks away and provide biometric feedback on said target???  Methinks this might have been written by someone who does not know that a 'click' is a kilometer.......

In all honesty, these little Easter egg nuggets that are obliquely referenced in the viral campaign might represent about 95% of the connection to "Alien" and "Aliens".
    Perfect organism.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    agreed Tifosi77. about the discovery of LV-426/acheron, i dont think its actually names yet. they say they found a ringed planet with several moons. I think they just put LV-426 there just for alien fans.
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I'm still trying to figure out what the 'storm rifle' is all about.  A
    shoulder-fired weapon that can track targets that are 500 clicks away
    and provide biometric feedback on said target???  Methinks this might
    have been written by someone who does not know that a 'click' is a
    kilometer.......

Hate to say it but that sounds like the predator shoulder canon. Maybe whoever is running this viral is trying to tie AVP to Alien.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Well, at the end of AVP: Requiem a recovered Predator shoulder cannon is given to "Ms. Yutani"......
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I know that is why I suggested this.  Maybe someone is trying to make the whole set tie together....which means that there are going to be alot of angry people in both worlds.
  • HephaestusHephaestus  
    Colonist
    drxs0 said:

Hate to say it but that sounds like the predator shoulder canon. Maybe whoever is running this viral is trying to tie AVP to Alien.

BITCH PLEASE!
    Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
  • drxs0drxs0  (1 like this)
    Colonist

drxs0 said:

BITCH PLEASE!

And that wasn't called for.  I was only making an observation.
  • HephaestusHephaestus  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    It's an Internet meme? It isn't meant to be taken seriously?

It's actually a Prometheus meme?
    Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
  • drxs0drxs0  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    I do not care what it is.....and it is not just used on the internet....I took offense to the way you stated it....end of discussion.
    Colonist
    I don't care that you took offence, to be frank.

You are familiar with that meme from this website.

It was an appropriate use of the meme.

I am not apologising. You're over sensitive. It's your problem. Not mine.
    Colonist
    It was a joke in line with an on-going joke on this site. It was humorous and not intended to cause offence.

That's why I'm annoyed at your over sensitive reaction.
  • tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    drxs0 said:

kilometer.......

The term 'shoulder-fired' is my own interpretation of the description of the weapon on the timeline as a rifle.  I don't think the P shoulder cannon and this Weylend weapon are in any way related to one and other.

Besides, nowhere in the P-verse is it claimed that the shoulder cannon thing can track targets at a range of over 300 miles.  In fact, if I'm not mistaken it is aimed visually with a laser sight, isn't it?  That pretty much rules out super long-range engagements.

(I'm no expert on the P movie, of course.  In fact, I think it's quite crap, and don't really like any intermingling of the carefully thought out and considered Alien universe with something involving Arnold Schwarzenegger.)
    Perfect organism.
  • The timeline describes the Storm Rifle as an intelligent sniper rifle and there is also the auto-crosshairs invention that would augment the rifle even further by removing any human calculations needed.

Interesting information, no such weapon was used in any of the movies before so either it is just some weapon enthusiast pr-person's own imagination or maybe some merc will tag a target like a fleeing mutated crew member or some other hostile.

Weyland Industries introduces first rifle able to track targets from over 500 klicks away, as well as determine target’s health, physique and whether they can be locked down.

Weyland Industries earns patent number 10,445,075 for Method and Apparatus for self-adjusting crosshairs that auto-process windage, Coriolis effect, trajectory, etc. -- eliminating the need for spotters and mathematical formulas. 

Weyland military engineers make first significant improvement to rifling technology since the 19th century, tripling speed and doubling accuracy of projectiles. Exact rifling pattern and twist rate remain classified. 

Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks?
  • drxs0 said:

kilometer.......

guh.

I shudder at the thought.

But with all the trouble they've gone to destroy charles bishop weyland its all a domino effect from there

no charles weylend

no pyramid

no predators

and best of all no AVPR

people are food
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (3 like this)
    NukSuKow

and best of all no AVPR

You read it. I thought it was clear.
  • coolpapaecoolpapae  
    Colonist
    I created the following timeline a couple of years ago and updated before seeing the film, back when AVP 2 had just raped both franchises and I heard Ridley was working on a Space Jockey film.  Including the AVP and Predator series is kind of made irrelevant now, but I let it stand.  Please let me know what you think of the reviews...
    http://coolpapae.com/2010/11/05/the-predator-alien-series-chronological-timeline-reviews/
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    coolpapae said:

I created the following timeline a couple of years ago and updated before seeing the film, back when AVP 2 had just raped both franchises and I heard Ridley was working on a Space Jockey film.  Including the AVP and Predator series is kind of made irrelevant now, but I let it stand.  Please let me know what you think of the reviews...
    http://coolpapae.com/2010/11/05/the-predator-alien-series-chronological-timeline-reviews/

Welcome, coolpapae

Please be aware that it's not very polite to simply post links to your website in every post you make - you wouldn't want to seem like a spam bot after all :P

To get more feedback maybe you could copy & paste your ideas on here so our members can read them without leaving the site

Enjoy your stay

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • coolpapaecoolpapae  
    Colonist
    Point taken, Vodi.  

Thanks,
    Tom
  • RadtilsRadtils  
    Colonist
    Thank you, some person that is on this screen rant forum sincerely believes that AVP and Predator are apart of the same universe as Alien just because of the xeno skull in Predator 2, no matter what i say, you guys have anything you want me to tell him for you, he also doesnt believe that AVP is just a what if this happened franchise, like the batman vs. alien comics, or superman vs. alien comics, it's quite sad actually, everything he says is a face palm moment.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (3 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    how the hell did AVP become the main subject on this thread LMAO

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.