Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Holloway
  • DallasKnock_it_offDallasKnock_it_off  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    Hello everyone, I´m new as a member, but not as a reader of this great forum.

Lately I´ve been watching the imax trailer which in my opinion is the one with the most revealing footage and began wandering about Holloway, we know he´s the one that gets infected and kills several prometheus´ crew members in the process, but my question is, does he get killed? or is he the "man" standing by the cannon?? how far does his infection gets?

Any thoughts?
    What are my chances?
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist

Hello everyone, I´m new as a member, but not as a reader of this great forum.

Lately I´ve been watching the imax trailer which in my opinion is the one with the most revealing footage and began wandering about Holloway, we know he´s the one that gets infected and kills several prometheus´ crew members in the process, but my question is, does he get killed? or is he the "man" standing by the cannon?? how far does his infection gets?

Any thoughts?

Welcome DallasKnock_it_off
    I believe it will be Fifeld that mutates and kills several crew members.  It may be that Holloway only 
    impregnates Shaw with mutated sperm and consequently, Shaw has an "alien baby" removed from her womb in the medpod.  That offspring grows very rapidly and kills yet more crew members.  At least, this is my understanding of the general consensus.  But given the lack of details of the plot of the film, it's entirely possible that Holloway mutates as Fifeld does and starts killing his crew mates, too.
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • Fifeld, interesting, is there some footage?? So we assume according to one of the spots that Holloway DOES have sex with Shaw. He is the one that starts it all, yes.
    What are my chances?
    Colonist
    The full length, official Prometheus trailer has a scene where you see what is believed to be Fifeld on fire, throwing another man up against the side of a vehicle.  In the background there are two crew members firing at Fifeld and a man(?) down on the floor next to a flame thrower shooting out flames.  
    There is a t.v. spot where Holloway and Shaw are locked in a lovers' embrace so I assume sexitime follows.  I can't say if Holloway starts it all, but I think he will contribute to the body count, even if only indirectly.
  • plekzplekz  
    Colonist
    dont forget about the shot of Fifield jumping down on the crew below aswell terrapin.
    Colonist
    plekz said:

dont forget about the shot of Fifield jumping down on the crew below aswell terrapin.

There's even a shot of Fifeld leaping up on top of the vehicle too, but I forget which trailer/teaser/tv advert that it appears in.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Welcome, DallasKnock_it_off. Much love to your name. Dallas was the man! : )
    "It's all in the reflexes."
  • MustangJeffMustangJeff  (1 like this)
    Colonist

Wecome to the forum!

IMO here is what we have going on.

Both Fifefield and Holloway become infected during the course of the movie, but the end result is vastly different.  It might not even be the same "infection" that they are both exposed to.

1) I think Holloways infection is possibly changing him into an Engineer, or something close.  Basically his biology is being advanced.  No proof, but that picture of him coming up the ramp with his arms out just doesn't seem monster aggressive.

2) I think Fifefield is becoming more animal-like.  Possibly an early ancestor of our Xeno, or possibly that creature with the Engineer in the Giger mural.  I think it's Fifefield we see in the loading bay scenes, but I don't think that the clips in the trailers are all part of the same continuous scene.

- I think the initial trailer scene where the guy is jumping off the top of the transport is much earlier in his infection versus the part where the creature is tossing the guy against the transport.  I think the jumping scene happens, and then he slinks away for awhile and continues to change.  Later in the movie the other scene takes place after the infection has progressed. 

• drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    In theory Shaw is infected as well.  Or rather carrying something of unknown origin.  So we do not know if that carried over to her as well.

I am still thinking the goo is DNA specific.  That is why Holloway's transformation seems more benign as opposed to Fifields.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • Thanks Nickls Smart and MustangJeff for the welcoming, I think your theories are great and they may actually come to occur in the movie, I think that they go to the temple about 2 or 3 times and holloway gets infected the very first time.

What are my chances?
  • musicsnobbmusicsnobb  
    Colonist
    not to judge, but you really think that the screenwriters are going to have them go into the temple and some bad stuff happens, they return to the ship, then they have them go back to the temple again, more bad shit happens, they return to the ship and then they go back to the temple again?  that wouldnt translate very well in a two hour film.  jmo.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

not to judge, but you really think that the screenwriters are going to have them go into the temple and some bad stuff happens, they return to the ship, then they have them go back to the temple again, more bad shit happens, they return to the ship and then they go back to the temple again?  that wouldnt translate very well in a two hour film.  jmo.

I agree - so there need to be well developed characters motivations. Like they think the bad shit is good shit, or something.

I'm starting to think taht the humans who can breath on LV223 without helmets are all infected - how and why they got infected will only be clear when the film is released - but if their was a pact, or they choose infection, it's going to make a whole lot more sense.

Suck fuddlety!
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

The infected;image

"Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Or the Chosen......
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    The big question though is where are their helmets? I have yet to see a still of a helmetless crew member where the helmet is visible nearby.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    bunnypf said:

The infected;image

Who is on Holloway's right bunny?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • CharismCharism  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    They should star a skiffle/rock band 'The Infected' : P

@up - Millburn ; )
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    bunnypf said:

The big question though is where are their helmets? I have yet to see a still of a helmetless crew member where the helmet is visible nearby.

We've seen 2 potential infection victims that have their helmets broken in the process - Holloway and Fitfield. Not saying they couldn't get a replacement - just saying that when they break they don't want them replaced, thinking 'it's is the will of our creators that we go helmetless' Perhaps Shaw just disregards hers after Holloway tells her it's safe.

Didn't you say there was a scene or something where Holloway actually removes his helmet?

Suck fuddlety!
  • CosmikCosmik  
    Colonist
    I'm beginning to think that Milburn will be infected or attacked by something in the temple too, remember the screenshot of him yelling ? Milburn is one of the character that really doesn't have a lot of screentime in the trailers and TV spot, his fate is still unknow D:
  • CharismCharism  
    Colonist
    Yeah, it was something, guy in glasses screaming. So - probably The Infected was all...infected.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

Just had some more thoughts - perhaps Shaw disregards her helmet after Holloway makes love to her - so she is technically infected also.

In the fight scene at the loading bay, Milburn could be the grey head guy. Fitfield is fitfield, the mowhawk monster. The body, another crew mwmber who has fallen victim to them, is what causes the mercs to come in.

Holloway could be off on an interact with the creator quest - which he comes back from all funny faced and arms open.

Shaw does not involve herself in the fight, still marvelling over being pregant or something (I'm pretty sure she will have a character that can't get pregnant).

David could be the leader of the infected group. The meek creation of man, blessed is he.

Suck fuddlety!
  • CosmikCosmik  
    Colonist
    If you look closely, the grey head guy have a really long arm, and is way taller than the mowhawk, maybe there's two bad guy in this scene ? 
    At first, the merc come in and shoot at the Mowhawk, then turns around to shoot the other one.

• ummesterummester  (1 like this)
    AssFlower

I really want to get some 1080p grabs of the grey headed dude but he's only in the international/UK trailer and the only downloaded version of that I can find is Full Frame uncompressed video in an 800MB file! Anyone know of a downloadable smaller 1080p file for that trailer? 

Cosmik, I think his long arms are part of the mutation.

Suck fuddlety!
    Colonist
    ummester said:

I really want to get some 1080p grabs of the grey headed dude but he's only in the international/UK trailer and the only downloaded version of that I can find is Full Frame uncompressed video in an 800MB file! Anyone know of a downloadable smaller 1080p file for that trailer? 

Cosmik, I think his long arms are part of the mutation.

Fifeld's hands and fingers elongate too.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

Where do we see his fingers elongate terrapinbear? This is the best res images I can get of the mowhawk monster, logically assumed to be Fitfield:image

Suck fuddlety!
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    ummester said:

Where do we see his fingers elongate terrapinbear? This is the best res images I can get of the mowhawk monster, logically assumed to be Fitfield:image

It's in the shot where Fifeld is throwing a crew member up against a vehicle.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.