WeylandIndustries.com updated!
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Thanks for the heads up Viscal.
  • Those are fantastic.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (3 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus

SYNAPSE REESTABLISHER

The Synapse Reestablisher is a small remote control looking device that can either prolong those who are about to die to restart the brain function of a deceased individual. POSSIBLE SPOILER = The shot of a bloody zombiefied looking Noomi making her way down the corridor whilst leaning against the wall is holding one of them in her hand :D

My new theory on the ending of prometheus. After the events of the film finish, SHAW mysteriously wakes up in a med lab surrounded by doctors. She attacks them and escapes with the synapse and finds herself on board THE MAGELLAN a rescue ship sent to discover what happened to the prometheus and even finds Peter Weyland on board with another David

EDIT: I'll repost this on prometheus plot theories

Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist

SYNAPSE REESTABLISHER

The Synapse Reestablisher is a small remote control looking device that can either prolong those who are about to die to restart the brain function of a deceased individual. POSSIBLE SPOILER = The shot of a bloody zombiefied looking Noomi making her way down the corridor whilst leaning against the wall is holding one of them in her hand :D

Good eye. I was wondering what that thing in her hand was, maybe something to fight off Cuddles. I wonder if it could also be used to shut down something living? Overload its brain perhaps?

Appended:

The Synapse Reestablisher in Shaw's hand looks like the long probe has been broken off. It doesn't look completely identical to the photo above either.

Here is a closeup, might not be the Synapse Reestablisher:

• bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

Interesting to get a view of Vicker's suite in the "Lifeboat" section of Security. This corresponds to the large area at the back of the ship on the blueprint.

"Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    So power loader, pulse rifle, atmosphere processor -- I hope we can see any one of those in the real movie : )
    I wanna go home and party.
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I'm surprised that the loader is essentially unchanged.  The storm rifles influences on the m41a pulse rifle are clear as well.
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    That thing she has in her hand is not the Synapse Reestablisher as seen on weylandindustries.com.
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist
    HoloTab, faster than thought, heh.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • VodiVodi  (3 like this)
    Predator
    That thing she has in her hand is not the Synapse Reestablisher as seen on weylandindustries.com.

Agreed

They aren't the same model

I believe Shaw is holding a sedative/painkiller syringe which she may have grabbed after the medpod scene

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • burkeburke  
    Colonist
    Glad Ridley is keeping Camerons influence intact...btw has Ridley ever gave his opinion of ALIENS?
    You're going out there to destroy them, right?
    That's the plan. You have my word on it.
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

Agreed

They aren't the same model

I believe Shaw is holding a sedative/painkiller syringe which she may have grabbed after the medpod scene

Nailed it.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    At least the lifeboat seems to come with a bar included.
  • EffectzEffectz  
    Colonist
    Pulse rifle with a sight and heavy barrel slapped onto it.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

I really can't equate Vickers' suite as being the lifeboat. I'm hoping that's a cock up on the part of the web team.

EDIT: Yep, it's a mistake. The picture shows Vickers' suite but the blueprint quite clearly shows the lifeboat aft of her room.

• roguedesignerroguedesigner  (7 like this)
    Colonist
    The depth of detail behind this film is breathtaking. This is the sort of thing that is generally applied to films retrospectively, to be crafting this whole universe before the film has even come out is a sign of somebody actually giving a damn. And having deep pockets. Like we know now that the Prometheus is a Heliades class starship. Heliades - children of the sun. Nice.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist

THE LIFEBOAT

Exclusively designed for FTL crafts of a suitable size, this emergency sustaining pod is an embedded safety module comprised of 7 luxury-appointed rooms, complete with independent navigation and piloting controls. Reclaiming decontamination system allows one occupant 50 years of breathable air with or without hypersleep.

• bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    So it's obviously (we can see that from the shots inside the lifeboat) completely different. Vickers' Suite is slightly larger than three standard sized rooms but open plan. Those light pillars seem to be marked on the blueprint as well.
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Can't wait to see the mess hall.  ;)
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (2 like this)
    Colonist

BIO-REPLICATOR POD

This remarkable device was introduced in 2058 for use by Weyland planetary engineers. However, recent advancements have made bio-replicator pods available to off-world civilians for home use. Each pod has a database of over 40 million seed varieties and plant DNAs. With the push of a button, it can replicate the requested sample. Growth rates are currently at about 55%, not factoring unsuitable planetary conditions for a given species. At 1 cubic foot in size, an array of thousands of bio-replicator pods can be outfitted to any seeder for industrial use. For household use, it is recommended to store bio-replicator pods outside the home.

I like how a lot of Weyland's tech seems to mirror the jockey's with only thousands of years seperating them.

• alandroidalandroid  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    This is such an awesome marketing campaign but it is also incredibly torturous! Give me the movie now Ridley!
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    "Many products using this technology will soon be making history as part of the highly-anticipated Prometheus mission."
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • AphexAphex  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this yet but a function listed in the Medpod information has made up my mind about what happens to Shaw in what could be the defining scene from the film - The one where she's seen screaming and writhing in said apparatus. Ready? Here goes...

She has the alien embryo surgically removed by Cesarean Section. (Potentially without anaesthetic for maximum horror).

On another topic, the fact that Weyland Corp already possesses terraforming technology debunks the theory that they try and steal the tech from the Space Jockeys incurring their wrath etc.

Thoughts?
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  
    Colonist
    Welcome Aphex.  I think most people here subscribe to the events you outline.  The i720 has been noted to have a spray anesthetic though.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.