Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Photo of dead SJ body
  • GabusMaximusGabusMaximus  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    If this has been posted before I apologize. Found while doing a Joogle search. New to me.image
    "amped out war dance!!!", nivekkevin.
  • rogue007rogue007  
    Colonist
    Everything in the pic except the red box in the lower right hand side has been discussed...... The crippled body is new and I've never seen it.
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (3 like this)
    NukSuKow
    I'm pretty sure the image in the bottom right was one of the first pics we ever got. IIRC its in the head chamber.
    You read it. I thought it was clear.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (2 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    I've seen all of these pictures on this forum, including the dead body.
    "It's all in the reflexes."
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    It was discussed quite awhile ago but maybe there is something new that can be added.

Is the body wearing some type of space-suit or is that its exterior appearance? If its a suit is there necessarily a body in it, maybe it is like a rigid suit used at very high pressures? If the standing objects in the photo of what appears to be in a SJ ship are suits then it would appear that the suits are very rigid when not occupied. Or maybe they are statues.

Is there anything else to indicate that the SJ "head/helmet" is definitively one or the other?
    Is there a more humanoid skull inside the "head/helmet"? If the SJ "head/helmet" is actually only a helmet without a skull inside and the SJ "body" is only a rigid suit then this is not necessarily evidence of a dead SJ. 
  • GabusMaximusGabusMaximus  
    Colonist

It was discussed quite awhile ago but maybe there is something new that can be added.

Is the body wearing some type of space-suit or is that its exterior appearance? If its a suit is there necessarily a body in it, maybe it is like a rigid suit used at very high pressures? If the standing objects in the photo of what appears to be in a SJ ship are suits then it would appear that the suits are very rigid when not occupied. Or maybe they are statues.

Is there anything else to indicate that the SJ "head/helmet" is definitively one or the other?
    Is there a more humanoid skull inside the "head/helmet"? If the SJ "head/helmet" is actually only a helmet without a skull inside and the SJ "body" is only a rigid suit then this is not necessarily evidence of a dead SJ. 

That makes sense, it could be a discarded suit, although, would they just drop a suit on the floor? Maybe. Maybe there was a fight or a crisis that caused a suit to be dropped. C'mon June, hurry! I'm at max geek level here.
  • It was discussed quite awhile ago but maybe there is something new that can be added.

That makes sense, it could be a discarded suit, although, would they just drop a suit on the floor? Maybe. Maybe there was a fight or a crisis that caused a suit to be dropped. C'mon June, hurry! I'm at max geek level here.

It's already been discussed and dissected. 

It's a headless SJ. In the same screen shot, you can see the crew examining the head, which is a few feet away. It's also presumed to be the same head that you see on an table back on Prometheus.
    "Everything living is dying, everything dying is dead"
  • "Everything living is dying, everything dying is dead"
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

It's chest is busted. Perhaps all SJ suits are just vessels?

Suck fuddlety!
  • drxs0drxs0  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    I don't think its busted.  I think that is where the rib cage meets in the middle.  Personal opinion though.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist

It's already been discussed and dissected. 

It's a headless SJ. In the same screen shot, you can see the crew examining the head, which is a few feet away. It's also presumed to be the same head that you see on an table back on Prometheus.

That assumes the found "head/helmet" is a head and that the "body" is actually a body. There was talk earlier about the "head/helmet" might actually be a helmet with or without a head inside. It was assumed that the large prone figure was a body. I was just trying to make some discussion about the possibility of the prone body being simply an empty rigid SJ suit since the two SJ figures in the other photo could be rigid SJ suits instead of statues.
  • drxs0drxs0  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    The empty suit idea goes along with the pile of suits in the cavern.  I like it johnson.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • It's one of the suits we saw back in January behind Noomi in that photoshopped publicity still. Fifield bumbled into it after a hand rolled from his special reserve, knocking it over to the floor and dislodging the helmet. Ford and Shaw found him shaking it by the shoulders 10 minutes later asking if the dude was ok.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    I still think we're missing something where the Space Jockeys' true appearance is concerned. Do they *really* end up looking humanoid? Is the giant head a red herring of sorts? The suit and particular the mask have me stumped a bit.
    Colonist

Thanks FL. I've scanned that photo so many times but never took the time to brighten it.
  • xinauxinau  
    Colonist

I still think we're missing something where the Space Jockeys' true appearance is concerned. Do they *really* end up looking humanoid? Is the giant head a red herring of sorts? The suit and particular the mask have me stumped a bit.

Indeed.

I'm probably in deep, deep denial here, but personally I hope it's NOT a suit/helmet and the humanoid forms we've seen are (for us) red herrings.  

"If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (2 like this)
    Colonist

The few frames of the jockey in the chair show the suit disassembling, the rib cage unfolding and plates on it's upper arm disappearing bit-by-bit. That would suggest that the construction of the suit is not simply like that of a medieval knight or astronaut. I would suggest that the chair is pivotal to the suit and it is constructured/deconstructed around the occupant only in the chair.

"Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist
    xinau said:

Indeed.

I'm probably in deep, deep denial here, but personally I hope it's NOT a suit/helmet and the humanoid forms we've seen are (for us) red herrings.  

I remember reading somewhere that Ridley said it's a suit and not a body/skeleton.  Of course, the large question is:  Why is the suit there in the first place?  And what happened to the occupant?
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist

I'm sure it is a suit, but generally "astronaut" suits and the like tend to have the outward appearance of whoever is on the inside. If that's true-does the suit and in particular the mask look a little strange for a humanoid-at least one that looks like the giant head?

The ribcage restraint is also interesting. Is it holding the occupant in or preventing something from leaving?

• VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator

The few frames of the jockey in the chair show the suit disassembling, the rib cage unfolding and plates on it's upper arm disappearing bit-by-bit. That would suggest that the construction of the suit is not simply like that of a medieval knight or astronaut. I would suggest that the chair is pivotal to the suit and it is constructured/deconstructed around the occupant only in the chair.

Agreed.

I'd say the suit is the "steering wheel" to the derelict - a full-body HUD - the suit forms around the pilot/user, and through that the wearer becomes at one with the user interface of the craft.
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Is the ribcage restraint on the SJ seen in the trailer part of the chair or part of the suit? The Chair/Cannon rising sequence doesn't obviously show the ribcage restraint but it could be retracted into the chair itself. 
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    I think ribcage restraint is actually part of the chair/console..
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    In the trailer it looks like the suit is being 'sucked' back into the chair. The shoulder plates, rib-cage and upper arm platelets are all moving towards the chair.
    Colonist
    I think the suit expands to the proper size seen in Alien. The footage in the trailer must be in reverse.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (2 like this)
    Colonist

I think the suit expands to the proper size seen in Alien. The footage in the trailer must be in reverse.

Must?

LOL.

• GabusMaximusGabusMaximus  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    bunnypf said:

Must?

LOL.

Ah, ya got me. Possibly.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.