Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
New Exclusive Prometheus Content From Verizon
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Not to be late on the discussion but cryo would also be where samples would be stored.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • LV223LV223  (7 like this)
    Colonist
    I can't get over the details on the exterior of the Prometheus ship. So may things look functional. I like the lateral thinking of the landing gear being integrated into the engines. It's such a functional idea in that they don't take up interior volume in the ship. Good thinking there.

Kudos to the set designers, I'd love to walk around the set and take it all in.
  • VodiVodi  (4 like this)
    Predator
    Welcome, LV223

You're not how I expected you to look judging by your profile image. I was expected more mountains and less shirt and hair. ;)

Enjoy your stay!
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

Welcome, LV223

You're not how I expected you to look judging by your profile image. I was expected more mountains and less shirt and hair. ;)

Enjoy your stay!

That is too funny.  Thanks for the laugh Vodi.
  • ViscalViscal  (4 like this)
    Brometheus
    I'm not sure if this was posted before but if you just wanna play the game w/o signing up... simply go here: http://www.verizonsweeps2.com/assets/flash/swf/dash_new.swf
    I wanna go home and party.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I just came from there.  Someone on FB posted it.  Very interesting, but still not alot of detail we do not already know.
  • Dancing_FrogDancing_Frog  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    drxs0 said:

Not to be late on the discussion but cryo would also be where samples would be stored.

That's possible too. The other possibility is that is where the cryogenic fluids that Prometheus requires for her cooling and environmental systems, as in LOX, LH2, and LN2, are stored.
    Rocket Scientist
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

I agree with you on much of that but I think this could be a model made for the public not for studio work and thus is not as detailed.

Yep - that's the one. It's still detailed enough to make assumptions on how the ship is used as a backround for the plot, though. Like the Lifeboats size, approximate size of the interior and so on.
    Suck fuddlety!
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

Of course the biggest joke here is that most of the functional rooms of the Prometheus are circular in shape, just like on the jockey ship and the Head Room and others in the dome. Now, there's a coincidence.

"Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • tifosi77tifosi77  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    I've been trying to figure out the significance of the difference in the numbers on the Android Efficiency module on the Weyland Industries 'Investor Information'. (Quick recap if you don't know; when you view the site, the David 7 model has one set of numbers for Technological, Intellectual, Physical and Emotional performance, but when you download those numbers are all reduced..... the 'Emotional' metric by quite a lot)  So I totted up the numbers on the download and got 320.

Then I remembered that in Vickers' room in this VZN game you can see the word "Genesis" appear.  So I looked up Genesis 3:20 and it reads "Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living."  Which got me thinking about that mural artwork, with the humanoid with the ripped open chest, reaching out to that creature.....

Which made me think of another thing: trying to sort out the hidden clues in this movie's viral campaign can lead you off on some outlandish wild goose chases.......

:-\"
    Perfect organism.
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
     Which got me thinking about that mural artwork, with the humanoid with the ripped open chest

Also of note:
    The Prometheus myth tells of him having his liver eaten -  the mural shows the "damage" to be in the same location as the liver.
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • NanosoldierNanosoldier  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Is it me or do I see a slight homage to the Sulaco and Hadley's Hope from Aliens?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.