We are the Gods now
New Exclusive Prometheus Content From Verizon
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    bunnypf said:

Thoth said:

bunnypf said:

Thoth said:

If you look at the picture, there are three space and they are number 04, 05, and 06.  There's another shot of the unit further down.  In this shot there are three suits hanging to the left.  I'm guessing there are three to the right.  Also, there are only six pairs of boots.  If the unit hold more than six, maybe there is a second room either next to it or above or below this.

I think those are the individually deployable pods, not the module.  Each shoulder of the ship has an ESC label.  It's an odd configuration but it may be that one shoulder contains 6 pods and the other contains 2.

3 on one side, 3 on the other, 2 on another deck.

Is that just conjecture or are you basing that one something in the blue prints?

Commonsense actually, if there are eight in total and only six on level 02 then there must be two elsewhere - level 01 maybe?

That inner comment isn't even mine; I said 8 single person escape pods (from the text) and 1 large lifeboat which I guessed could hold 8-10.
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  
    Colonist
    I suggested 6 on one side purely because of the boot arrangement.
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • ThothThoth  
    Colonist

bunnypf said:

Thoth said:

bunnypf said:

Thoth said:

If you look at the picture, there are three space and they are number 04, 05, and 06.  There's another shot of the unit further down.  In this shot there are three suits hanging to the left.  I'm guessing there are three to the right.  Also, there are only six pairs of boots.  If the unit hold more than six, maybe there is a second room either next to it or above or below this.

I think those are the individually deployable pods, not the module.  Each shoulder of the ship has an ESC label.  It's an odd configuration but it may be that one shoulder contains 6 pods and the other contains 2.

Is that just conjecture or are you basing that one something in the blue prints?

Commonsense actually, if there are eight in total and only six on level 02 then there must be two elsewhere - level 01 maybe?

That inner comment isn't even mine; I said 8 single person escape pods (from the text) and 1 large lifeboat which I guessed could hold 8-10.

Kjohnson:

My comment wasn't directed to you.  It was directed to bunnypf.  Sorry for the confusion.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    No problem, Thoth. Quotes were getting too embedded to follow who said what.
  • SmokygraysonSmokygrayson  
    Colonist
    Boy I wish the movie was sooner. Now we're talking about the exact number of escape pods! LOL. I'm enjoying it though!
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    Just wait until we're 17 days out.  
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • drxs0drxs0  (4 like this)
    Colonist

Just wait until we're 17 days out.  

Can we expect a rescue?
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (6 like this)
    Catpower
    Seventeen *days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're
    not gonna last seventeen *hours!* Those troll / tapirs are gonna come in here
    just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here...
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • drxs0drxs0  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Hudson!... Hudson! This Forum survived longer than that with no weapons and no training...You better just start dealing with it, Hudson! Listen to me! Hudson,
    just deal with it, because we need you and I'm sick of your bullshit.

*parts left out deliberately*

~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Very appropriate...
    "It's all in the reflexes."
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (2 like this)
    Catpower
    lol nick you are our newt :P
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Thoth said:

bunnypf said:

Thoth said:

bunnypf said:

Thoth said:

Oh, it was conjecture.  Thanks. 

If you wouldn't mind, it would be of great help if you would preface things like 3 on one side, 3 on the other, 2 on another deck with something like "it seems reasonable to assume" or "maybe there are" otherwise people end-up thinking you are stating facts.

Thanks.

How about I preface all my comments with "I do not work for Fox, Brandywine, Scott Free or any other company associated with this production and I'm only fucking guessing like the rest of you"?

Pedant.

"Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (1 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    Don't act surprised, bunny. Stating things like they're fact (i.e., leaving out phrases like "maybe" or "could be") on a forum for speculation is going to annoy people. But we've talked about this already, haven't we? : )

lol nick you are our newt :P

Sweet. I don't mind getting "rescued" by Ripley.
    "It's all in the reflexes."
  • flatericflateric  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    well, there's some Inconsistency between various sources...
    Bad things have small beginnings.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (1 like this)
    Colonist

Don't act surprised, bunny. Stating things like they're fact (i.e., leaving out phrases like "maybe" or "could be") on a forum for speculation is going to annoy people. But we've talked about this already, haven't we? : )

Talked? More like you lectured me and I replied accordingly....

I really can't see why I'm being singled out here for leaving out phrases and words such as 'possibly' and 'maybe', I did not see the compulsory inclusion of these in each post as a part of the T&C. I'm sure that I could find several examples of FMs making claims without prefacing them with such terms, do they get humiliated via a public dressing down as well?

• ViscalViscal  (5 like this)
    Brometheus
    For the record, I stopped caring (cos I'm just used to it now) HAHA.  keep rockin Bunny.
    I wanna go home and party.
  • VodiVodi  (3 like this)
    Predator
    Try not to feel like you're being singled out, bunny

You're a very well respected poster!

I personally appreciate all your posts, and am familiar enough with your writing style not to think you're ever stating opinion/ideas as fact. 

You should make a forum sig saying "IN MY OPINION" to avoid any hassle (I'm semi-joking) ;)

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    bunnypf said:

Talked? More like you lectured me and I replied accordingly....

I really can't see why I'm being singled out here for leaving out phrases and words such as 'possibly' and 'maybe', I did not see the compulsory inclusion of these in each post as a part of the T&C. I'm sure that I could find several examples of FMs making claims without prefacing them with such terms, do they get humiliated via a public dressing down as well?

Heh, this forum should put the text "I think" at the top of the text box every time you post a new comment or reply to an existing comment.
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • ummesterummester  (3 like this)
    AssFlower

And then, if we get enough Karma points, can we have customised text box headers, or footers.

I would like I think as a header and therefore I am as a constant footer:)

Suck fuddlety!
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    Actually you do get karma points for good guesses (that's not a guess, that's fact.)
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (2 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    This viral stuff especially the ship and the stuff about David will really help us go to see the film with a decent understanding on how things work. that way the film doesnt need to turn into an explanationary compositionary story. they can get right into the action and story without explaining things
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • flatericflateric  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    flateric said:

well, there's some Inconsistency between various sources...

so, 12 escape pods...and also seems that starboard big lifeboat was used

Bad things have small beginnings.
    Colonist
    Those would seem to be the individual escape pods. Maybe the model is just too small to add the extra detail to scale properly and look significant.

Appended:

The images might imply two banks of three pods on each side of the ship near the front, making 12 individual escape pods total in those areas.
  • ThothThoth  (1 like this)
    Colonist

Those would seem to be the individual escape pods. Maybe the model is just too small to add the extra detail to scale properly and look significant.

Appended:

The images might imply two banks of three pods on each side of the ship near the front, making 12 individual escape pods total in those areas.

There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies here. I would wager that what is listed on the blue prints is likely not correct.  Details like this are really not essential to telling the story and is not likely to loom as large in the minds of the film makers as it would in the minds of the engineers responsible for designing a real ship.
    Colonist
    Thoth said:

Appended:

There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies here. I would wager that what is listed on the blue prints is likely not correct.  Details like this are really not essential to telling the story and is not likely to loom as large in the minds of the film makers as it would in the minds of the engineers responsible for designing a real ship.

That curved corridor/prep area with the hanging space-suits doesn't seem to be marked on the schematic. It could be on a different level I guess, I don't think the number of levels has been definitively stated yet. The best location for the curved hall would be along the curved hull area forward of the elevators in the schematic.

Appended:

The space-suits with the red/orange piping seem associated with the emergency escape area rather than the standard prep area.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.