Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Who is taking a day off work / travelling especially to see Prometheus on release date?
  • MotherFatherMotherFather  (7 like this)
    Colonist

So who is booking a day off work, or travelling somewhere special to see the Prometheus movie as soon as it comes out?

August release date for Germany? Screw that!...

I'm planning a trip to Paris so I can savour a "proper" croissant beurre, and then see the "flying croissant" ship on the big screen :-) Sure, Benelux is closer to Germany, but I thought I may as well travel to Paris and make a mini holiday out of it in parallel.

Anyway, is anyone else going to extreme lengths to see the movie as soon as possible?   

• ramp_closingramp_closing  (6 like this)
    Colonist
    Not only will I take the day off, but I may just see it back to back. 2d for first viewing so that I can absorb the story without getting lost in the visual depth, and then I'll soak up the 3d splendor on the second go round.
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • IpaddleIpaddle  (3 like this)
    Colonist

So who is booking a day off work, or travelling somewhere special to see the Prometheus movie as soon as it comes out?

August release date for Germany? Screw that!...

I'm planning a trip to Paris so I can savour a "proper" croissant beurre, and then see the "flying croissant" ship on the big screen :-) Sure, Benelux is closer to Germany, but I thought I may as well travel to Paris and make a mini holiday out of it in parallel.

Anyway, is anyone else going to extreme lengths to see the movie as soon as possible?   

Where do you live. Northern Germany? Go to Denmark. Release 31th of May!
    ;)
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    I'll be in the Philippines getting married one week before the release, so I'm praying there won't be any typhoons or earthquakes in the Ring Of Fire.  Thankfully I'll be staying only a few clicks away from an IMAX 3D theater!
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (9 like this)
    Colonist
    What a week.  I can't lie to you about your chances...but you have my sympathies.
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    I work for myself from home. Can't see anybody getting in my way, then.
  • xinauxinau  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    I will see it opening night, here in town (Orlando, FL) -- I'm assuming there will be a midnight showing, hopefully at one of the IMAX theaters.

Then, a week later, I'm traveling to Oakland, CA to see it with my older sister and her husband.  My sis and I first saw Alien together in 1979, so this will be a bit of nostalgia for us, lol
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • CarneCarne  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    I don't have a job right now, but it releases 1st of June here and it's just a 15 minute walk to the cinema, so I think everything will be fine.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Some theater chains sell advance tickets for shows that expect big turnouts, you might want to do that considering how big this show might be.
  • tifosi77tifosi77  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    :-h

I'm planning on going to the first afternoon show, and if the film is as expected will probably go right back in for the next show.
    Perfect organism.
  • MartinRobyMartinRoby  
    Colonist
    Yeah, the German release in August is a real downer. I may drive to France or the Benelux beginning of June, but I already know that there's a lot of work for me at that time, and I'm in Berlin, and not near the border. So I don't know yet.
  • Acton_Power_StationActon_Power_Station  (4 like this)
    Colonist
    1st June has been firmly marked in my calendar for quite a while now and, although to my partner's bewilderment, I am literally crossing off the days on my specially printed Prometheus countdown wall calendar (I find crossing out each day with a big fat X helps remind me that time is indeed passing!).

I've been surprised by just how much I am looking forward to seeing Prometheus and will be making my first trip to the cinema for a a good couple of years (I usually just watch stuff online nowadays). 

I live in rural Devon (UK), so my local cinema is in fact quite far away but, as I work part-time, I'll have time to make it to the first screening of the day. Really wouldn't matter if the Queen of England decided to visit me on 1st June, as I'll be there when the 20th century fox fanfare sounds whatever it takes!

• VisionistVisionist  
    Panton_Vel_Nusquam

So typical, I have bleedin' college on Friday the 1st! However it usually ends by 1pm, leaving me wondering if I have time to dash up to London- with or without my friend (lucky Bastard hasn't spoiled anything for himself)- and catch it in the IMAX, or if I should relax and watch it in the local Cineworld- not sure if I'd bother chasing the 2D showing since the 3D will unquestioningly be on the biggest screen (number 5! Oh yeah! Front row centre every time!) and of course Ridley has filmed in Red 3D, not converted.

And then see it in the IMAX on Tuesday.

I'm the man who gets to fly around in a helicopter with a gun.
    You call me MUFWIG.
    Mother Fucker What's In Charge.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I wish I could go see it.  Sadly wont be able to, so will have to wait and enjoy all your comments till I do see it.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  
    Colonist
    drxs0 said:

I wish I could go see it.  Sadly wont be able to, so will have to wait and enjoy all your comments till I do see it.

?!?
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Too many factors.  Mainly I have one vehicle and my husband will be at work.  LOL  Distance for me is 20 miles to see it unless I get lucky and it comes to our hole in a wall theater.  Most of our money goes to bills, and fuel not enough to splurge like that.  No biggie, I will see it......Just probably in November after the hype is settled.
  • drxs0 said:

Sorry to hear that drxs0. Hope you'll be able to experience some of the post-release excitement here on the forum.
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (9 like this)
    Colonist
    That's unacceptable.  You have to geek out with the rest of us.  PM me a paypal link.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist

That's unacceptable.  You have to geek out with the rest of us.  PM me a paypal link.

Awww thanks so much Ramp Its ok.  I can enjoy it through you guys.

And I still may
    get to see it while in theaters.  But right now I do not see it.  After all my mum is a huge Alien fan so I might get to grab a ride with her when she goes to see it. 
  • homer1962homer1962  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    When i went to see avatar at the Imax here in Melbourne, the girl selling tickets said, if you want good seats you'll need to queue for 90 minutes beforehand. 

I guess I'll be doing the same again
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus

homer1962 said:

When i went to see avatar at the Imax here in Melbourne, the girl selling tickets said, if you want good seats you'll need to queue for 90 minutes beforehand. 

I guess I'll be doing the same again

I'm preordering my tickets online the minute it is revealed on my local IMAX website. but i dont think there will be problems. sure this is the most anticipated scifi film of this century so far but i doubt it will even gross 40% of what avatar did so no long queues
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (1 like this)
    Catpower
    As i have said before, im going to organise a group for the Melbourne Showing (apparently it drops the price by $10 aud per ticket) I shouldnt have a problem with getting 10 people who want to go see it in melbourne As soon as they Release the tickets ill start a thread for those in Melbourne or Victoria in general who want to join in.

We should probably start a catergory "Prometheus Screenings" so people can coordinate and get cheaper tickets, and make an event of it, i'll look into it.
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (6 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    I wish I had money so I could fly to Melbourne and see it with you guys. : P
    "Oh, hi, Mark."
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (4 like this)
    Catpower
    screw that i wish we all had the money to go to london to see it on the premier!
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist

screw that i wish we all had the money to go to london to see it on the premier!

Ditto!!!
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    I will go to work and then just sneak across to the local cinema to make the work day go a lot faster. My boss can come with me, he's cool - my staff can stay where they are:)
    Suck fuddlety!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.