Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
High-res diagram of The USCSS Prometheus!
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    ummester said:

So it's a pretty big ship.

A human would likely by 1/2 - 2/3 rds the hieght of the radar dish.

The science team vehicles drive out the front, under the 'MULTIPLE CARGO BAYS' and forward of the 'MEDICAL BAY'.

It is concievable that people could stay out of sight on this vehicle for most of the film.

From the second slow mo trailer - something ejects from forward of the engines, which is odd? Doesn't seem like the 'LIFEBOAT' but something from the 'CARGO BAYS'? In this tralier we can also see it definately crashes nose first into the coissant.

I estimated that the Prometheus could have at least 5 decks, the engines are as long as a 13 storey apartment block is high and the thing ejected from the front of the ship appears to be a one-man lifepod (probably the one that Vickers gets into in the trailer).
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

Whatever Vickers gets into has room for 3 but yea, i agree.

Cannot see in either trailer if the lifeboat is attatched on collision, or not, but I am thinking it is a pretty big module - almost as tall as the rest of the ship.

Suck fuddlety!
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I do not think it is that tall considering it is in one of the arms of the ship.  Question is though is the ship symmetrical.  Are there two life boats?
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    ummester said:

Cannot see in either trailer if the lifeboat is attatched on collision, or not, but I am thinking it is a pretty big module - almost as tall as the rest of the ship.

The module has only one deck. You can see it close up in the trailers.
  • VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • drxs0drxs0  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Wow its been updated.  More like a party ship than a science vessel.  Where do I sign up?
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    bunnypf said:

ummester said:

Do you know which trailer, at which point?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    ummester said:

bunnypf said:

ummester said:

Do you know which trailer, at which point?

Not off the top of my head but this is the end of it, Shaw jumps out of the white central door in the trailer. Notice that it lands at an angle, handy for matching up the scenes where Shaw is with the creature(s) in the trailers.image

• drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Looking at the image of the ship and this one I am not sure this is the lifeboat.  Of course the lifeboat module may have a hatch over it, but the top is rounded as this one isn't.
  • HephaestusHephaestus  
    Colonist
    drxs0 said:

Wow its been updated.  More like a party ship than a science vessel.  Where do I sign up?

Link please?!?!
    Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I swear it was in this thread.  LOL anyways last post is what I was referring to. 

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/42/prometheus-fan-art#Item_150
  • plekzplekz  
    Colonist

drxs0 said:

Men and their toys......I am sure everyone will want one now.  I can see models of this thing going up as soon as the movie hits theaters.  LOL  Me I would rather have a paint by number of the murals.  Now that would be awesome.

There is a company making toys from the movie, so we men will certainly have our toys!

It's NECA though, so hoping for any "vehicles" i'd say will be very much in vain considering how small a company they are.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    drxs0 said:

Looking at the image of the ship and this one I am not sure this is the lifeboat.  Of course the lifeboat module may have a hatch over it, but the top is rounded as this one isn't.

The drawing may not be entirely accurate, the trailer seems to show a more complex shape to those blisters. Perhaps the lifeboat is stored under ejectable covers?
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

Or that is a lifeboat set - which never shows the full lifeboat and there is a lot more that is CG in the final film.

What I am trying to work out with this is could the lifeboat have all the elements from the Shaw cuddles piece? It has to be able to fit Weyland and a couple of other guys, have an isolated medical tube thing, a corridor and an axe:)

If it does, the coissant crash could be the end of the second act and cuddles all part of the third act.

Act 1 - intoductions

Act 2 - archeaology, reactivating whatever is on the planet and taking the coissant out

Act 3 - trying to survive with limited resources, an aftermath type of thing

Suck fuddlety!
  • Awesome.

Any word on who the design is by?
    'FATALE: A Darkly Comedic Sci-Fi Series' or 'White Bitches on A Space City'
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    ummester said:

Or that is a lifeboat set - which never shows the full lifeboat and there is a lot more that is CG in the final film.

What I am trying to work out with this is could the lifeboat have all the elements from the Shaw cuddles piece? It has to be able to fit Weyland and a couple of other guys, have an isolated medical tube thing, a corridor and an axe:)

If it does, the coissant crash could be the end of the second act and cuddles all part of the third act.

Act 1 - intoductions

Act 2 - archeaology, reactivating whatever is on the planet and taking the coissant out

Shaw with the Axe, the 'tentacle' at the window, the creature standing over her and a couple of other scenes I think are based on the lifeboat. If you can see enough of whatever room she is in, if the door frames, etc, are not vertical or the floor horizontal then she is probably on the lifeboat.
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (1 like this)
    Catpower

Awesome.

Steve Burg http://steve-burg.deviantart.com/gallery/

The design was then tweaked by sir Ridley.

Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    bunnypf said:

ummester said:

Act 1 - intoductions

Shaw with the Axe, the 'tentacle' at the window, the creature standing over her and a couple of other scenes I think are based on the lifeboat. If you can see enough of whatever room she is in, if the door frames, etc, are not vertical or the floor horizontal then she is probably on the lifeboat.

Interesting. Would amp up the horror if there are only like 5 characters left, one is an old man, 1 is Vickers, 2 are infected blokes and 1 is pregnant Shaw - with a world of reactivating nasties out to get them and a birth scene in the middle of it.

Then, if that is the case, the last act will probabaly be missing from the PG version:)

Suck fuddlety!
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    I swear it was in this thread.  LOL anyways last post is what I was referring to. 

You're correct, drxs0

I moved it to the Fan Art to avoid derailing the thread.
    Sorry for any confusion!
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • Awesome.

Steve Burg http://steve-burg.deviantart.com/gallery/

The design was then tweaked by sir Ridley.

Thanks, dude!
    'FATALE: A Darkly Comedic Sci-Fi Series' or 'White Bitches on A Space City'
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

You're correct, drxs0

I moved it to the Fan Art to avoid derailing the thread.
    Sorry for any confusion!

NO its cool.  Just had me thinking for a min that is all.  LOL
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (4 like this)
    Catpower
    The design of the prometheus is really growing on me, I think it will end up as iconic as the designs for the nostromo and Sulaco, I think it's a great blend of Foss, Mead, Macquarie, and Cobb influences.
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    In the shot where some part of the ship is being ejected (presumably prior to the high speed interface with the Space Croissant) it doesn't appear coming from the area aft of the ship where the lifepods are indicated on the diagram. The part being ejected comes from the medical bay area. Being able to eject the medical bay would make sense too; if the mission were in trouble, chances are that medical would be getting plenty of trade from people who couldn't survive if they were moved out of there so why not make it a module that could operate autonomously, at least for a while, in case TSHTF. Another reason that springs to mind is that ejecting the medical bay and its occupants may be desirable in the event of an outbreak of space flu. Or something.
  • MariaMaria  
    Colonist

Of course, that suspension of disbelief would be easier if the designers didn't use the specific names of presently existing technologies, but sometimes they chose things that just sound cool to sell toys. And, you have to admit "Plasma-Ion" sounds cool, and Prometheus looks great for being complete Horse$#@*!

I am just wondering what it costs to get her simonized after they scape that SJ bug goo off of the fireproof windshield. Or perhaps, the windshield is the only thing that survives the collision with the giant space croissant, because it's fireproof.

To your top paragraph, I agree, and to your bottom paragraph, thanks for the laugh.  LMAO!!  :-)
    ~In space, no one can hear you scream, unless space is CGI~
  • MariaMaria  
    Colonist
    I personally am not that thrilled with this spacecraft (after a while, they all look the same, from movie to movie), but I guess it must look rudimentary to tie in with the other Alien films, which happen in the future from this one. 

The most interesting spacecraft to me was the one that Jody Foster used in Contact, that spawned a wormhole.  At least it was different.  

The space croissant is very different too, but that was the mind work of an artistic genius.  
    ~In space, no one can hear you scream, unless space is CGI~

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.