Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
‘Discover Prometheus’ with these New Images!
  • VodiVodi  (4 like this)
    Predator
    Unfortunately, all I see is a man petting the space tapir.

It looks more like Brundelfy to me

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist
    "Regardless of who said it, I think the faith/religious theme of this movie is very heavy."

@Drx0Well base on many Religions, many believe that we are not alone, that there exist many life forms other than our own. The scientific discovery seems like the key as Landelof hopes will make us wonder of "what if" idea other than a religious perspective, "we were all wrong".
    I'm not sure how much of a weight that will be with those who are faith based. I'm not sure what religion speaks about going to Space to find answers @drsx0

But look at it from a zealot SJ perspective, what if it hasn't found any life forms that are humanoid and thus tries has a nature to experiment in the cellular level, then we show up and yelling "Hey now where's the party".
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  (5 like this)
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

Unfortunately, all I see is a man petting the space tapir.

It looks more like Brundelfy to me

Dude I just refresh my page and that pops up on my 27 inch display, you got me, heading to the bathroom.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist

That sequence in the film with the mural forming is probably going to be super freaky in 3D IMAX.

Considering H.R. Giger probably painted that mural all I can see are phallus'.  The "space tapir" has too many abstract shapes that don't come together to make a coherent humanoid.  Maybe we're looking at several creatures rather than the one we think we see.
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • drxs0drxs0  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I felt sorry for Brundlefly.  How could you not?  From the pic that had the sketch on it, yeah I see a small resemblance.  And that in itself is creepy.

Will admit that scene wanted to make me hurl.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    The mural also reminds me a bit of cocooned victims of the xenos. I wonder if the Space Jockey civilization fell victim to one of its creations?
  • bokiboki  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Perhaps the big head represents their King? Are we seeing a Galactic Ramses?

They go out and seed planets, or whatever, following his orders and the urns are offerings? Or maybe the temple is a burial complex? Could this be the King's crypt?

now that you mention it....following your opinion this train of thought presents itself:

valley = valley of the kings
    temples = pyramids
    giant head = anubis god of the dead, and the statues of anubis in the burial sites of the egyptian deceased
    or
    giant head = sarcophagus
    ampules = burial urns for the organs of the deceased

ok, gotta stop, i can smell my brain burning...

“The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born
    must first destroy a world. The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas.”
    - Hermann Hesse, Demian
  • ForgottenLegacyForgottenLegacy  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

*I'm posting this one as I love Photoshopping and imgur.com kept going down when I tried to uploaded*

I did 3 cropped frames, but I'm pretty sure they resemble the images already posted:

He's ripped out his rib to create his Eve ;)
    "Everything living is dying, everything dying is dead"
  • CureguyCureguy  
    Colonist
    Everyone is saying the glowing humanoid is creating the "alien" to his right. But what if the opposite were true and the squatting alien is creating man from his own mind? It looks like the humanoid is a thought bubble emanating from the creatures head. Like the alien is "thinking" man into being. I may be incorrect but I like the idea that there there is another intelligent being in Prometheus apart from the humanoid SJ. Who is flying that gosh darn saucer at the beginning of the film. The technology looks very different from the derelict.
  • tifosi77tifosi77  
    Colonist
    Why does the humanoid have what appears to be a big ragged tear across the right side of his ribcage?
    Perfect organism.
  • drxs0drxs0  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    2 posts above with the images someone said: "He's ripped out his rib to create his Eve"  That fits in with the creation theology.  He offered a part of himself to create his friend.  I personally like this idea, not sure I like the end result but I do like the over all idea.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    drxs0 said:

2 posts above with the images someone said: "He's ripped out his rib to create his Eve"  That fits in with the creation theology.  He offered a part of himself to create his friend.  I personally like this idea, not sure I like the end result but I do like the over all idea.

Also works with genetics or molecualr modification. You use parts of, or your understanding of, your flesh or DNA to create new life.
    Suck fuddlety!
  • GrizmGrizm  
    Colonist
    I don't see a tear in the guy's side. There are cracks in the ceiling itself, is that what you are seeing?
  • Jesus. It's an "SJ" creating... (______). It's a representation of what the whole theme of the movie is. Out. Of. Himself. Recognize the theme?
  • B) See a termination in his arm? Nope.
  • ThothThoth  
    Colonist
    Grizm said:

I don't see a tear in the guy's side. There are cracks in the ceiling itself, is that what you are seeing?

Not in his side.  There is something under his chin and across his chest right peck.  At first I though it might be a scare or a suture.  However, it also looks like he may be wearing a space suit; so, I suggested these might be clasps to close his suit.  You can also see something near his neck that could be a ring for attaching and sealing on a helmet.  In addition, he appears to have what might be boots, belt, and there are numerous lines that looks what you would except form a hanging garment.
  • SatiSati  
    Colonist
    Cureguy said:

Everyone is saying the glowing humanoid is creating the "alien" to his right. But what if the opposite were true and the squatting alien is creating man from his own mind? It looks like the humanoid is a thought bubble emanating from the creatures head. Like the alien is "thinking" man into being. I may be incorrect but I like the idea that there there is another intelligent being in Prometheus apart from the humanoid SJ. Who is flying that gosh darn saucer at the beginning of the film. The technology looks very different from the derelict.

I'd agree with this except the creature is in a position that makes it look almost vulnerable, like a new born position and SJ looks quite powerful here. It's just an impression I have.
  • flatericflateric  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    via sharp-eyed Sekundomer@Russian Prometheus Forum http://prometheus.unoforum.ru
    Bad things have small beginnings.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    :o  likely likely

found these too on there
    I wanna go home and party.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    looks close - I can't read Russian though:) Where did that pic come from, is it confirmed concept work for the film?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Nice find.  Looks like Giger is having his old concept work used.  I likey.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    Viscal said:

Cheers Viscal - so a good match but not confirmed for this film.

has any of the concept art for Prometheus been released?

Suck fuddlety!
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    none whatsoever. I'm sure there will be quite a few scans popping up online once the release date of The Art of The Film book comes closer, earliest being on June 6th in the US
    I wanna go home and party.
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist
    O man. Obviously, a complete perversion of God reaching out and touching Adam on the Sistine Chapel. Ridley and Giger obviously have some sick shit in store.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.