Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
‘Discover Prometheus’ with these New Images!
  • BonusituationBonusituation  
    Like_A_Boss
    Can someone take that first picture and do some photo manipulation on it?  Brightness/contrast, levels, sharpness, etc to draw out the thing on the left.

I'd do it but I'm traveling this week and am away from my home computer (work laptop doesn't have photoshop).
    We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Part of the problem with that photo is that it is very unevenly lit; the flashlight spot blows out the part of the right figure it is shining on and the left figure is very poorly lit; big dynamic range from flashlight spot to dark edges, little dynamic range within the dark places and the bright spot.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Exactly Johnson.  I was able to sort of equalize it last night.  But still nothing very conclusive.  Yet. 
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (2 like this)
    Colonist

Lots of noise in there in the shadows. Some more detail has come out, but so has some more noise. Photoshop CS5, shadows wound back, duplicate layer put through a highpass filter and blending mode changed to overlay. The creature (or whatever) was put into another new layer and the whole process repeated before flattening it and tweaking the levels. Might be able to draw some more out of it but I'm eating pizza right now.

Edit - full resolution image here: http://postimage.org/image/n3itqlz33/full/
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    High contrast, maximum sharpness in Paint.Net.  Original size.

=\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I am only leaning towards the stronger faith idea because RS said that he hoped we ( movie goers) would walk out after seeing asking questions of our own.  If we walk out asking somewhat the same questions as the characters then he has done his job.
  • drxs0drxs0  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Sorry to post back to back like this......but this is the image cropped and enhanced.  It is on my desktop.image
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    drxs0 said:

I am only leaning towards the stronger faith idea because RS said that he hoped we ( movie goers) would walk out after seeing asking questions of our own.  If we walk out asking somewhat the same questions as the characters then he has done his job.

"If we did our jobs right hopefully you'll be asking yourself is there any scientific discovery that could be made in my life time that would make me stop believing in God, it is a very provocative question, and we don't have the answer to that but certainly the movie is asking that question." - Damon Lindelof
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    They all look more like the sketched figure that Kol put up from avpgalaxy than less like it. Especially the more black/white image roguedesigner put up.

Actually they all bring out the sketched figure very strongly.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    OK so it wasn't RS but I do remember hearing it.  thanks for the correction.  I could have swore it was RS. 
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist
    Seems like he's laying down on the floor or something (perhaps that circular platform in the space room) and the creature is huddled like firefox next to him. Look at it as if your looking down from the ceiling at someone who's laying on a bed despite it being above on on a mural from the point of view of the crew.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    JasonDiaz said:

Seems like he's laying down on the floor or something (perhaps that circular platform in the space room) and the creature is huddled like firefox next to him. Look at it as if your looking down from the ceiling at someone who's laying on a bed despite it being above on on a mural from the point of view of the crew.

Sort of like a devoted servant or animal waits while their master dies?
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist
    drxs0 said:

OK so it wasn't RS but I do remember hearing it.  thanks for the correction.  I could have swore it was RS. 

Actually RS was kinda the opposite side of the coin, he described how scientist hit a wall and often try to use imagination to get past the wall and when they don't some often think about God.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • MustangJeffMustangJeff  
    Colonist

They all look more like the sketched figure that Kol put up from avpgalaxy than less like it. Especially the more black/white image roguedesigner put up.

Actually they all bring out the sketched figure very strongly.

I agree..

In my opinion, this is a servitor being to the Engineers.  I also think that some of the Prometheus crew will mutate into these beings.  As I previously mentioned, I think this is the creature in the garage bay (IMAX trailer) that is tossing the crew member up against the transport.

If my theory is true, I wonder if the mutation was done accidentally (humans playing with goo), or the Engineer experiments on the crew himself.

• JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist

drxs0 said:

JasonDiaz said:

Sort of like a devoted servant or animal waits while their master dies?

Yeah, kinda like a pet, Hachiko. I have a Pom and it's literally my shadow. 
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Regardless of who said it, I think the faith/religious theme of this movie is very heavy.  Not so much as to say if you don't believe you will go to hell type of thing.  I feel from what I have seen thus far it is more of a older faith/myth. Such as that of Sumeria, Greece, Rome  and other ancient cultures.  They are exploring a darker side of man and his belief in something other than nano's and petri dishes.

ADDED:

Yeah I too have a dog who will not leave my side.  Especially if I am sick.  She feels she has to guard me or protect me from the unknown.  So I can see that with the image.
  • VodiVodi  (1 like this)
    Predator
    *I'm posting this one as I love Photoshopping and imgur.com kept going down when I tried to uploaded*

I did 3 cropped frames, but I'm pretty sure they resemble the images already posted:

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • JasonDiazJasonDiaz  
    Colonist
    Looks like the Michelangelo Creation mural, I know I'm not the only one? But to expound on my idea, the creature is huddled like a dog that's sleeping or cold, you do kinda see a tail that's pops out a bit. The SJ laying semi laying down and his left arm is supporting him a bit, you can see the shadows of his head under his neck.
    "Not too close, I hope"
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    the last pic does seem to clearly show a critter of gigerish design in a kneeling position with its arms folded across it's knees. Head is different and obviously being affected by the humanoids hand. To me the closest shape the head has is a SJ helmet. Do the SJ suits have points on the elbows?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator
    Regardless of who said it, I think the faith/religious theme of this movie is very heavy.  

There's a certain Sistine Chapel vibe going on with the above images

*edit*
    JasonDiaz beat me to it in his post above!
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    That sequence in the film with the mural forming is probably going to be super freaky in 3D IMAX.
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    The head, to me, appears to be kind of bifurcated with a pair of distinct lobes along its crown. Almost like ramshorns.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    JasonDiaz said:

Looks like the Michelangelo Creation mural, I know I'm not the only one? But to expound on my idea, the creature is huddled like a dog that's sleeping or cold, you do kinda see a tail that's pops out a bit. The SJ laying semi laying down and his left arm is supporting him a bit, you can see the shadows of his head under his neck.

Vodi said:

Regardless of who said it, I think the faith/religious theme of this movie is very heavy.  

There's a certain Sistine Chapel vibe going on with the above images

*edit*
    JasonDiaz beat me to it in his post above!

I have no doubt. When I seen the image last night the first thing I
    posted was I got the feeling of it being similar to that of the Sistine
    Chapel.  Was just something very beautiful about the image.  At least I
    will not be disappointed visually with Prometheus.
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (2 like this)
    Colonist

Lots of noise in there in the shadows. Some more detail has come out, but so has some more noise. Photoshop CS5, shadows wound back, duplicate layer put through a highpass filter and blending mode changed to overlay. The creature (or whatever) was put into another new layer and the whole process repeated before flattening it and tweaking the levels. Might be able to draw some more out of it but I'm eating pizza right now.

Unfortunately, all I see is a man petting the space tapir.
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (3 like this)
    Colonist

Unfortunately, all I see is a man petting the space tapir.

Glad it wasn't just me seeing that...

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.