Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
‘Discover Prometheus’ with these New Images!
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Yet another batch of promo images debuted as part of the weekly reveal of new goodies through the official Prometheus Facebook "Starmap" app. One image shows the "changing" ceiling that was first known to us through the full Prometheus trailer.The other images, though not completely new, reveal more detail than what are found in the trailers. Click to Enlarge. Prometheus Movie

http://www.prometheusnews.net/movie/discover-prometheus-images
    Thanks to ZsoltiDarkoo for the heads up!
    I wanna go home and party.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (1 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    Wonder what's up with that top picture with the bodies?
    "Oh, hi, Mark."
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (1 like this)
    Catpower
    That roof is very interesting.
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    That top one is very interesting.  Would love to be able to download it so I can zoom up or down to study it.  but it reminds me of one of Michelangelo's paintings in/on the Sistine Chapel.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    drxs0 said:

That top one is very interesting.  Would love to be able to download it so I can zoom up or down to study it.  but it reminds me of one of Michelangelo's paintings in/on the Sistine Chapel.

You can DL it  ;)  And it's in high-res

http://i.imgur.com/IXmUk.jpg (4200 x 1900)
    I wanna go home and party.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I got it.  I am slow this am.  LOL  Thanks.  It is quite a beautiful painting regardless of what it is for.  If I was to title it, it would be the Consumption.  Seems like that dog like creature which I can't see all that clear is devouring the humanoid.

ADDED:  It is now my desktop...I love art!
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

The first picture is well scary. This is probably what the morphing stuff changes into that Shaw mentions in the trailer (roof of the ampule room).

The second picture is just shit. Now that we have more detail it looks like those lines I thought were roads on Earth are Nazca type markings on LV-223's surface. That appears to be the wall to the 'temple' at the bottom. The twin circle markings (the jockey ship's hangar(?)) match those on the bottom of the Saucer over the waterfall.

The third picture is interesting, it shows orb #4 apparently underground? And I would still like to think that it is the Ampule Room in the middle there but with the layout of the tunnels I'm not so sure. Those two yellow blobs in the far tunnel have no name markers over them, can we guess that they may be 'unidentified' beings?

"Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    Why is the second picture shit? I'm afraid you've lost me.
    "Oh, hi, Mark."
  • egosheepegosheep  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Man, that creature is really strange.  You can see its knees, it's sitting and the engineer is touching its head.  I guess this is the second HRG mural?

The temple laid out in the hologram, looks like you can see the shape of the "head" that's on the top of the temple/mountain, and it looks like it has a gap towards the bottom.  We've seen this same gap in other shots, and one of everyone entering it.
  • SatiSati  
    Colonist
    Wow that first picture is creepy, I have no idea what it is. Also much clearer shot of the worm going into eye, great stuff!
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist
    The little creature in Holloway's eye,  reminds me of Star Trek: the wrath of khan. Where a nasty little creature worked its way into the body. In that case through the ear.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

Because I was sure that it was Earth from the couple of frames we saw in the trailer. I thought those lines were roads as the valley did not seem big enough to contain them and those rock formations I thought were buildings. Ho hum....
  • homer1962homer1962  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Sati said:

Wow that first picture is creepy, I have no idea what it is. Also much clearer shot of the worm going into eye, great stuff!

It is without doubt meant to evoke Michelangelo''s the last Judgment.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (2 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath

bunnypf said:

Because I was sure that it was Earth from the couple of frames we saw in the trailer. I thought those lines were roads as the valley did not seem big enough to contain them and those rock formations I thought were buildings. Ho hum....

You mean you were wrong? How can this be?!
    "Oh, hi, Mark."
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    Does the wall man look a little like the computerised running man image we've seen too?
    Maybe they're connected, do you think?

I'm viewing it on my phone so can't quite tell.
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I have been wrong many times Nick, and I am not afraid to admit it either. Maybe I don't always put "I think" or "possibly" in front of all my speculation but that's just the way I am. Then again I'm not the only one who does it but it seems that I have been singled out as a special case by you and kevin. I'm sorry that I have rubbed you up the wrong way. I'll be a good boy from now on and restrict myself to non-speculative posts.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    homer1962 said:

Sati said:

Thank you for putting a name to the image I was thinking of.  Most find it creepy, I find it serene in a weird sort of way.
  • thejitzthejitz  
    Colonist
    Hey all. Loving everyone's theories about the forum. can't wait for this film.

Regarding the first image - it appears to be projected on the curved surface of the room - there is a light source from below consistent with a projector below and the image itself appears to be independent of the surface of the dome - ignoring the cracks and inclusions on the surface. it could be the contrary, a regular light illuminating a flat painting, but the cracks in the surface don't seem to match the image below - that is there is no damage on the edges of the cracks.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    okay i can see an image of a male humanoid in the first image. am i right? or am i insane?
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • homer1962homer1962  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    drxs0 said:

Sati said:

Thank you for putting a name to the image I was thinking of.  Most find it creepy, I find it serene in a weird sort of way.

Very beautiful, but very ominous. The last Judgment also shows people being tormented in hell by demons. Hmm.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    thejitz said:

Hey all. Loving everyone's theories about the forum. can't wait for this film.

Regarding the first image - it appears to be projected on the curved surface of the room - there is a light source from below consistent with a projector below and the image itself appears to be independent of the surface of the dome - ignoring the cracks and inclusions on the surface. it could be the contrary, a regular light illuminating a flat painting, but the cracks in the surface don't seem to match the image below - that is there is no damage on the edges of the cracks.

It seems to match the bit in the trailer were Shaw shines a flashlight onto the ceiling of the Head Room and says "they're changing...". A frame by frame analysis shows that the ceiling is actually changing, morphing, whatever.
  • VodiVodi  (1 like this)
    Predator
    bunnypf said:

I have been wrong many times Nick, and I am not afraid to admit it either. Maybe I don't always put "I think" or "possibly" in front of all my speculation but that's just the way I am. Then again I'm not the only one who does it but it seems that I have been singled out as a special case by you and kevin. I'm sorry that I have rubbed you up the wrong way. I'll be a good boy from now on and restrict myself to non-speculative posts.

Try not to feel hard done too, bunny. You rock!

We're just trying to keep the forums running smoothly for everyone.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    Tried comparing the first image with the image that was taken from one of the trailers of the ceiling changing.  It could be the same spot but the cracks do not line up right.  Plus it was way to dark to tell.
  • VodiVodi  (1 like this)
    Predator
    Could the top image be showing the "animated" nature of the wall/ceiling that we've seen before?

Perhaps it can mimic or replay scenes that have happened in that area.
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    bunnypf said:

1.) I have been wrong many times Nick, and I am not afraid to admit it either. Maybe I don't always put "I think" or "possibly" in front of all my speculation but that's just the way I am. 2.) Then again I'm not the only one who does it but it seems that I have been singled out as a special case by you and kevin. I'm sorry that I have rubbed you up the wrong way. I'll be a good boy from now on and restrict myself to non-speculative posts.

1.) Well, the first part is true. I'm not so sure about the second. 2.) Don't presume to think that you're the only one. There are others and I have talked to them about it. And if by Kevin you mean kjohnson26, I haven't sanctioned him to treat you any differently than anyone else; he treats you thusly because he thinks he's right, and I've reminded him to limit such "righteousness" to PMs. Any differences you have with him you can sort out en privé.

"I'm sorry that I have rubbed you up the wrong way." Similar to how I was sorry for embarrassing you publicly? I hope not. I seem to recall your response my apology. The words were not kind. : )

Edit: My "how can this be?" comment was a joke, by the way.
    "Oh, hi, Mark."
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

Try not to feel hard done too, bunny. You rock!

We're just trying to keep the forums running smoothly for everyone.

Ditto, You rock too Vodi.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.