Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Prometheus Footage Screening + Q&A in London
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

I'll tell you what I find interesting. Any one remember that scene in one of the trailers of Shaw cowering down before the Jockey? Could the Jockey possibly not have attacked her because of her baby? Much like the Alien in Alien 3 not attacking Ripley because she was impregnated with an Alien.

Possibly. When i saw the scene I thought it was just designed to play on our memory of the Alien 3 setup though.

We still don't know where the suited SJ on the planet comes from, or if it is an actual SJ.

The first 2 acts of the film seem kind of squared away, in my head, but even though there is a massive montage of images from the final act, I can't work out the order or logic yet.

Suck fuddlety!
  • SargeISdeadSargeISdead  
    Colonist
    When I see "Cuddles" in the med-bay I don't see "ass flower," lol, I see what obviously looks like a squid or some type of squid-like creature. I'm thinking/hoping this is something new we haven't seen yet, as well as the quote about Shaw's chestburster like scene, I hope it refers to something entirely different from the c-section.
    Do you know the difference between Justice and Punishment?
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

It's possible, but other people are barfing, too.

OK, the bits and pieces I read earlier seemed to indicate that Shaw was the only one vomiting. I guess I read to much into that, she may have just had more of a negative reaction than the others. 

I think it was as one viewer described it - to make her look weak next to the strong Vickers.
    Suck fuddlety!
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

When I see "Cuddles" in the med-bay I don't see "ass flower," lol, I see what obviously looks like a squid or some type of squid-like creature. I'm thinking/hoping this is something new we haven't seen yet, as well as the quote about Shaw's chestburster like scene, I hope it refers to something entirely different from the c-section.

It could grow. Remember the big tentacle that hits the window Shaw looks through. trying to touch it's mommy, I'd wager:)
    Suck fuddlety!
  • SargeISdeadSargeISdead  
    Colonist
    ummester said:

It could grow. Remember the big tentacle that hits the window Shaw looks through. trying to touch it's mommy, I'd wager:)

True, especially given the growth rate we've seen in the "ALIEN universe" of some of the creatures, wouldn't surprise me at all, I'm just hoping it's something different since we've already seen the trailer footage and it's been analyzed so much. Almost feels like nothing in this reveal from the "new" footage is really all that new compared to what's been discussed here at length, lol.
    Do you know the difference between Justice and Punishment?
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator

And, why doesn't Shaw kill her newborn petal?

Why doesn't anyone?

The same could be said of the original Alien.

Terror & fear weaken man.

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    given the growth rate we've seen in the "ALIEN universe" of some of the creatures

Yep!
    24 hours and they're full grown
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (2 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    ummester said:

RIPLEY; "it will grow. It will breed. Then You die'
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator

If you look closely at Cuddles in the medlab scene, you can see what look like tentacles, so I guess if you upended Cuddles, it could look like an assflower - imagine an upside octopus where the limbs meet, etc.

Check my gif and you can vaguely make out tentacles on the left (rear) of Cuddles:

• kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    It wouldn't surprise me if Scott is not speaking of the medpod scene but of another scene as being shocking like the chestburster sequence in Alien.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    Vodi said:

And, why doesn't Shaw kill her newborn petal?

Why doesn't anyone?

The same could be said of the original Alien.

Terror & fear weaken man.

yea but they actively tried to kill it:) And if Ash didn't tell him to leave it, that black guy would have smashed the chestburster into little acidic pieces I recon, he was ready to swing.

Shaw must be pretty crazy in the head when cuddles is birthed - it's going to be interesting how they make the setup work for that.

Suck fuddlety!
  • ThothThoth  
    Colonist

It wouldn't surprise me if Scott is not speaking of the medpod scene but of another scene as being shocking like the chestburster sequence in Alien.

Even know Cuddles comes out of her, I think it is still going to be rather shocking seeing it pulled out.  Also, most people going into the movie aren't going to have a clue.
  • ThothThoth  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Also, if I were Shaw my primary concern would be getting away from it - not killing it.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

I hope so but I am not confident.
    Suck fuddlety!
  • spacemonkeyspacemonkey  
    Colonist
    It (the comparison scene to the chest buster scene) has to be something else entirely or they would not have put this revealing of a shot of "cuddles" in the trailer. The beauty of the scene in the original was no one saw it coming. we see this coming from a mile away. have to think it's something else.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    Thoth said:

Also, if I were Shaw my primary concern would be getting away from it - not killing it.

If she is so worried about it, why does she birth it alone. Only logical reason is that she wants it to live free.
    Suck fuddlety!
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

It (the comparison scene to the chest buster scene) has to be something else entirely or they would not have put this revealing of a shot of "cuddles" in the trailer. The beauty of the scene in the original was no one saw it coming. we see this coming from a mile away. have to think it's something else.

yeah, like the how does cuddles get in there scene - in a PG???
    Suck fuddlety!
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Thoth said:

I think it follows her into the corridor if she does not kill it in the medical bay.
  • spacemonkeyspacemonkey  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    you guys keep saying birthed - it might be a parasite surgically extracted not birthed via c-section. two different things entirely.
  • ViscalViscal  (2 like this)
    Brometheus
    Thanks Terraformer.. we got that a few pages ago. Nevertheless, here's the interesting bit from TotalFilm's report:

The stage duly set, we were then shown a brief sizzle reel, re-capping some of the footage from the trailer, and generally showing all hell breaking loose. There was a very brief glimpse of something alien-like (although not particularly similar to a Xenomorph), the revelation that that giant head "is moving", and a deliciously icky moment involving one crew-member's eye
    I wanna go home and party.
  • wille99wille99  
    Colonist
    ummester said:

they could have called it LV-666:)

The planet should have been LV-392.. Since that is the current cubic inch size of the HEMI engine. 426 was as you all know the size in the 70's ;-)

• ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Film Chronicle's Report

The UK?press were just treated to some exclusive ‘Prometheus’ footage, followed by a Q&A with Ridley Scott, Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron. To say this event was exciting is an understatement. The cinema venue was completely packed with around four hundred eager journalists, and they didn’t leave disappointed.

The clips covered parts of what I would imagine are the first thirty minutes of the film, and they were cut together so well that you could almost carry the story on from where they ended (but you’d be obviously missing plenty of character development and plot leads, but who needs them these days!)

Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) is digging into a cave in Scotland, in the year 2079. Along with her team and partner Charlie Holloway (Logan Marshall Green), they discover ancient cave paintings, dating back thirty-five (I think) thousand years. A giant (the Space Jockey?) is in the middle of smaller beings, and a star chart is above his head.

Fast-forward to 2083, and the FTL ship ‘Prometheus’ is approaching it’s destination, planet LV-223, with it’s mission classified as ‘undisclosed’.

The ship’s crew of 17 are awakened from cryo-stasis by ‘robot butler’ David (Michael Fassbender), with ‘company suit’ Meredith Vickers (Charlize Theron) awakened before the others. Vickers asks David if there were any casualties, which David appears unclear about, until Vickers clarifies her question by asking if there were any deaths during cryo-stasis. Vickers seems to be a physical bad-ass, doing intense press-ups while the other crew members are suffering cryo-sickness.

The crew are briefed in the ship’s hold, where Vickers introduces a holographic message (the whole room becomes a plush mansion-style place) from Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce), who is very old (the make-up perhaps could be better, but it’s acceptable), and Weyland tells the crew how he always wanted to know more about where we came from, and this mission is a chance to find out. He also mentions android David, who is like a son to him and shares all of his knowledge, and that he’ll be able to experience what Weyland cannot. I’m not sure if he says he’ll be dead by the time they watch this message, but it’s certainly suggested that he won’t be around now.

Holloway and Shaw then play their own holographic presentation, which shows the same star chart drawn by different ancient civilisations around the world. Shaw believes the chart is an ‘invitation’…

As Prometheus lands on LV-223, we’re treated to virtually the same trailer that is playing in cinemas, except for a couple of shots. There was a shot of the Alien Jockey’s (or is it?) circular spaceship taking off just above ground level, and most interesting of all, there was a front-on shot of a creamy-pink, slimey eel-type thing glimpsed in the trailers. It’s screeching straight at camera, and appears to have rather nasty looking mouth on it.

Interesting things to note from the Q&A (which we’ll have up in full very soon)…

The footage was shown in 3D (the film was shot in 3D with the Red camera), and it looked fab. Ridley Scott declared it was easy to film in 3D, and couldn’t understand why anyone would not be able to do it.

There is a scene in the film which Ridley alluded could be as shocking as the chestburster scene from ‘Alien’. It was shot on a closed set, with only Scott and Noomi Rapace in attendance, and Fassbender and Theron appeared to know nothing about the scene. Very interesting this one, I think this scene could well be the major scene for Rapace’s character, and may well decide what role and to what extent she appears in a mooted ‘Prometheus’ sequel.

Michael Fassbender said as his character is the only android amongst humans, and the questions of mortality, Gods, and creation all raise their heads. Will his programming change during the course of the mission (what are the odds?!)

Theron stated that Rapace is clearly the ‘Ripley’ character of the film, which doesn’t suggest a happy ending for her (or anyone else?!).

Overall, the footage was stunning, and the story immediately gripping. If the film delivers, and judging from the way everyone involved has been enthusiastically promoting the film over the last six months, I’d say it will, then we’re obviously in for a treat. Fox certainly think they have a winner. Seeing as the film is set for release on June 1st, we should have clearer idea once reviews appear sometime in May.

http://www.filmchronicles.com/exclusive-look-at-prometheus-with-ridley-scott
    I wanna go home and party.
  • ThothThoth  
    Colonist
    ummester said:

Thoth said:

If she is so worried about it, why does she birth it alone. Only logical reason is that she wants it to live free.

Not necessarily.  Some of the crew might want her to give birth and are forcing her to have it.  She might just want it out ASAP.  So, she goes and gets it done on her own so nobody will stop her.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

you guys keep saying birthed - it might be a parasite surgically extracted not birthed via c-section. two different things entirely.

True - I say birthed to make a distinction that Shaw wants it to occur. No-one is sure why but it seems she undergoes the proceedure alone at a time in the film when other characters are still alive and could potentially assist with a removal.
    Suck fuddlety!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.