Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Prometheus Footage Screening + Q&A in London
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (2 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    Damn it, what I would give for an out of body experience, right about now.
    "It's all in the reflexes."
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • the reports are saying its pretty much pre landing footage then a trailer montage.
  • "Some pretty underwhelming expository dialogue too. Looks like the J Edgar make up team are back, poor Guy Pearce."

elderly Peter weyland confirmed in pre landing footage.
  • "Fassbender channelled BLADE RUNNER, THE SERVANT, THE MAN THAT FELL TO EARTH, & way diver Greg Louganis moved 4 android David"
  • LV-223? I really hope that this is true. 
  • fassbenders portrayal of david is said to be somewhat comedic
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    "Some pretty underwhelming expository dialogue too."

Expository - to expound, or set forth and explain in detail. Explanatory.

Well, damn. What can that mean? That person didn't like Fifield and Milburn doing their best Parker and Brett impression?

fassbenders portrayal of david is said to be somewhat comedic

Like (un)intentionally bad, or he's cracking jokes in the movie?
    "It's all in the reflexes."
  • no apparently he just plays a funny robot.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    ??? so are people saying the footage they are seeing is quite bad? the acting is average and the dialogue is too much??
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • No most people are saying its amazing, only a few are expressing concerns, there was also talk of a pg 13 rating im lead to believe
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I do not care what those people say.  It will not sway me in any way shape or form.  If I listened to a stranger about everything I did I wouldn't have seen and liked half the stuff I do.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • "Charlize Theron was inspired by Tilda Swinton's performance in MICHAEL CLAYTON 4 her "quintessential suit" character in Prometheus "
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (3 like this)
    Catpower
    "Scott says genesis of Prometheus was answering Qs re Space Jockey: Who? Why were they there? Why that cargo? Where going?"
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    Do you need a twitter account to read what people are saying about the dialog?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • im pretty much copy and pasting anything of value, the vast majority are praising the footage to high heaven, it seems like the footage is the part in the tralier were they show the star map and ancient tablets, 15 minutes there then a trailer montage.
  • "Noomi Rapace's character isn't Ripley, but "she feels like she's in the same family... she's a survivor & a fighter"
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist

"Scott says genesis of Prometheus was answering Qs re Space Jockey: Who? Why were they there? Why that cargo? Where going?"

A thousand hosannas.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    Does Ancient Weyland appear as a hologram or uses holographics in his presentation? Not clear from the tweets?
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist

I dont know.. If I notice 30 min of Prometheus footage on youtube, I dont think I could resist pressing the play button, .. The jolly candylike button!

Not the History Eraser button!
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=

• bunnypf said:

Does Ancient Weyland appear as a hologram or uses holographics in his presentation? Not clear from the tweets?

yeah it doesn't say, have to wait for more confirmation, but it sounds like he shows up in person considering the somewhat criticism of the makeup.

"extended viewing today was epically good, the "Alien" was revealed and looks like cold explain the evolution to xenomorph
    "
    ^^ take what you will from that
    =))
  • "Things we learned: Ridley Scott hates being called 'Sir' almost as much as he loathes the BBFC and MPAA."
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

bunnypf said:

yeah it doesn't say, have to wait for more confirmation, but it sounds like he shows up in person considering the somewhat criticism of the makeup.

"extended viewing today was epically good, the "Alien" was revealed and looks like cold explain the evolution to xenomorph
    "
    =))

Just guessing but they saw 15-20 minutes of real footage followed by the trailer. I'm guessing that he was seeing the guy that stands over Shaw in the EEV.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • it was a trailer montage apparently, not sure if any new footage was shown in that id say you were right though.

"Scott saw 45-min 3D debate re "something hanging in foreground" but u just decide "hate it, get rid of it" or '"love it, f off" "

• terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist

bunnypf said:

"
    =))

I take it that tweet is from a troll.
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.