Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Prometheus Footage Screening + Q&A in London
  • ViscalViscal  (9 like this)
    Brometheus
    In Central London on April 10th 2012, a selected few from the UK film press were treated to a Prometheus 13-minute footage screening and Q&A session with Ridley Scott, Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, and Michael Fassbender. The venue was filled with approximately 400 journalists who apparently left even more excited than how they first came in.

Some of the things we've learned from the plethora of reports popping up online regarding both the footage and the Q&A are the following:

• The footage begins with Shaw and Holloway in the Isle of Skye in 2079
    • After the Isle of Skye, footage shows the Prometheus ship journeying in space in 2083
    • There is a title card saying that the ship's mission is classified
    • An elder Peter Weyland appears in a video recording for the Prometheus crew
    • Weyland describes David the android as "a son"
    • The Prometheus arrives at a planet called LV-223
    • The giant head statue moves
    • When quizzed about whether or not there will be a "chestburster" scene, Ridley Scott mentions there is a scene with similar shock value that was filmed with only Noomi Rapace on a closed set.

There is indeed a heap of reaction articles by journalists who were among the lucky 400. If you want to read far more detailed accounts of what happened, here are the ones we think covered this event best so far:

Bleeding Cool
    Prometheus Movie News
    Total Film

Thanks to everyone who participated in this very thread (too many names to mention now)! Prometheus Movie
    I wanna go home and party.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    One red orb says 1 day and 6 hours, putting it a midnight tomorrow night.

Appended:

Thats midnight in CDT zone.
  • ViscalViscal  (4 like this)
    Brometheus
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Was that midnight last time, well midnight for me anyway CDT? Actually I remember it being 9 or 10 PM CDT last time as I was watching something on TV and took a break to check the Facebook page.

Appended:

I guess that would be -6 hours difference with respect to London time making it 6 AM Wednesday morning in London. Or 5 AM Greenwich Meridian Time since it seems that London uses daylight savings time if Wikipedia is right.
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    According to this guy http://weylandinvestors.tumblr.com/

So tomorrow, there will be a press junket in London with Ridley and the entire cast, with 30 minutes of exclusive footage screened in 3D.

• plekzplekz  
    Colonist
    If it's 30 minutes of actual movie footage, and there's no NDA's involved this will prolly put a ton of the speculations to rest.
  • drxs0drxs0  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    I hope someone uploads it to youtube.  Since I do not live in those cities I feel as though I am getting ripped off.  NEED TO SEE MORE FOOTAGE!
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • plekzplekz  
    Colonist

If it's press it'll most likely have NDA's involved and dont think anyone's gonna be risking their jobs (and rep) to put footage on youtube.

To me 30mins of footage is way to much to not come with strings attached.

• TerraformerTerraformer  (5 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    You will call me crazy but I'm not going to watch the 30 minutes if it is leaked or released. I'm going to save myself up for june 1st like a catholic on her wedding night
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • MoveDallasMoveDallas  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    I dont know.. If I notice 30 min of Prometheus footage on youtube, I dont think I could resist pressing the play button, .. The jolly candylike button!
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    If its probably from the beginning or middle or segments thereof, I would most likely watch that if posted.
  • CarnifexCarnifex  
    Colonist
    Don't know if there are others here ,who saw this in the trailer.looks like its a xenomorph/humanoid hybrid or something... maybe "patient zero"??!                                              

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77116333@N08/6916826006/lightbox/  
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Welcome Carnifex!   Most here think it is either a space jockey or Holloway transforming into a spacy jockey.
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • CarnifexCarnifex  
    Colonist
    Hey there!
    thx for the info, just discovered this forum...i'm a little bit confused...if this is Holloway, transforming into a space jockey,
    why does his skin looks so xeno shaped in this scene or do you guys think,the space jockeys and the xenos are genetically related in some way? i dont really get it...sry for my bad english
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  
    Colonist
    Someone did some nice side by side screenshots of the Alien and the 'Space jockey' from Prometheus.  The striations and mottling on the legs certainly suggests some connection, but we still don't know what yet.

My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • CarnifexCarnifex  
    Colonist
    oh okay thanks
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (3 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    drxs0 said:

I hope someone uploads it to youtube.  Since I do not live in those cities I feel as though I am getting ripped off.  NEED TO SEE MORE FOOTAGE!

Let the frenzy begin anew... : P
    Vivez la yoga pants.
  • seotaiji1982seotaiji1982  (3 like this)
    Colonist

You will call me crazy but I'm not going to watch the 30 minutes if it is leaked or released. I'm going to save myself up for june 1st like a catholic on her wedding night

Sometimes Catholic girls go bad................
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
  • I know someone who is at this this morning. They told me it was about 20 min of footage. If they tell me anything, which they probably will when we're next at the pub, I'll let you in on it. Even he's gutted about getting to see a portion of it and would rather experience the whole film at once. Still, lucky bastard.
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist
    Viscal said:

Sometimes Catholic girls go bad................

So I heard.

____

https://twitter.com/#!/CinemartNow/status/189595281816432640

Reminds me of a song by Billy Joel.
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower
    Don't they start much too late in Billy's song?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • plekzplekz  
    Colonist

I know someone who is at this this morning. They told me it was about 20 min of footage. If they tell me anything, which they probably will when we're next at the pub, I'll let you in on it. Even he's gutted about getting to see a portion of it and would rather experience the whole film at once. Still, lucky bastard.

What did they say about NDA's?, cuz if they've banned all kind of recording equipment, that's a very telling sign that everyone in the room will be made to sign paperwork saying they cant utter or write a word about what is said until X date.
  • plekz said:

I know someone who is at this this morning. They told me it was about 20 min of footage. If they tell me anything, which they probably will when we're next at the pub, I'll let you in on it. Even he's gutted about getting to see a portion of it and would rather experience the whole film at once. Still, lucky bastard.

What did they say about NDA's?, cuz if they've banned all kind of recording equipment, that's a very telling sign that everyone in the room will be made to sign paperwork saying they cant utter or write a word about what is said until X date.

I'll drop him a text a bit later and find out. Probably is the case. But it's at a big venue so I'm guessing there'll be a lot of people who have to stay very quiet... 
  • there are a ton of excellent reactions to the 15 minutes of footage shown popping up on twitter right now

Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • imageimage
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.