Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Helix (syfy's new tv show)
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    Battlestar Galactica's developer/executive producer Ron Moore is returning to Syfy‘s primetime. I hear the cable network is finalizing deals for a 13-episode straight-to-series order to Helix, a dark thriller from Moore. Syfy had been exploring straight-to-series orders in lieu of traditional pilots, and Helix would be part of that strategy.

Helix, from Sony Pictures TV, where Moore is under an overall deal, is about a team of scientists investigating a possible disease outbreak at an Arctic research facility who find themselves trying to protect the world from annihilation. The project, which eyes a debut later this year, was written on spec by Cameron Porsandeh who serves as co-executive producer. Moore and Lynda Obst (Hot In Cleveland) executive produce. In addition to hit Battlestar Galactica, Moore also co-created and executive produced Syfy’s prequel series Caprica.                                                                                                - From Deadline.com Trailer's from Ron Moore's previous projects: 

Nanomachines, Son
  • Man when do you guys find the time to watch all of this stuff, i barely have time to take a shit let alone catch up with all this stuff, i still haven't seen battlestar galatica, and the only movies i've seen this year are prometheus and jack reacharound, enjoy it while it lasts folks i'm your future
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark

Man when do you guys find the time to watch all of this stuff, i barely have time to take a shit let alone catch up with all this stuff, i still haven't seen battlestar galatica, and the only movies i've seen this year are prometheus and jack reacharound, enjoy it while it lasts folks i'm your future

lol, jack reacharound....

must pull myself together, serious post....
    Nanomachines, Son
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (2 like this)
    Catpower

Man when do you guys find the time to watch all of this stuff, i barely have time to take a shit let alone catch up with all this stuff, i still haven't seen battlestar galatica, and the only movies i've seen this year are prometheus and jack reacharound, enjoy it while it lasts folks i'm your future

Your making bad entertainment decisions with whatever time you have.  [jonesy]
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • The THING : The SERIES ?

I have a hard time taking anything SyFy does serious, and it's sad because once upon a time it was my favorite and most watched station.  I'll give it a shot since Ron Moore is involved, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus

The THING : The SERIES ?

I have a hard time taking anything SyFy does serious, and it's sad because once upon a time it was my favorite and most watched station.  I'll give it a shot since Ron Moore is involved, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

John Carpenter wanted to do a 6 part TV series which acts as a sequel to the thing and would have the 2 surviving characters returning. 
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark

The THING : The SERIES ?

My thoughts exactly, i loved bsg, so i'm giving this a chance. If it turns out like the rest of the crap syfy puts out, then i'm on my way to the door.
    Please Moore, do us right once more. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  (1 like this)
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    Nanomachines, Son
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

I still get about 2 hrs a night pro, with kids - what are you doing that takes up so much time?
    Suck fuddlety!
  • ummester said:

I still get about 2 hrs a night pro, with kids - what are you doing that takes up so much time?

Working most of the time. I'm not a big tv person anyway and most of the time i'm on the computer because what i do work wise involves sitting in front of one all the time, which is why this place is a good release for me. Every time i get bored i can just open a window and chat to you guys for five minutes, it's actually helped me keep my sanity actually :) 
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

It has helped me keep my sanity and loose it, in equal amounts, I think :)

But yea, know what you mean about computer work - I spend most of my working life in front of a screen, when work is slow, forums are good.

Suck fuddlety!
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  
    Flaming_Telepath
    I have no life but to watch movies. No sexy time with the girls.
    "Oh, hi, Mark."
  • ummesterummester  (1 like this)
    AssFlower

Made this pop in my head Nick

Sexy time leads to baby time leads to worry about supporting family time - you might be better off than you realise:)

Suck fuddlety!
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    IGN gave it an 8.6

I'll watch it tomorrow i think, but i'm pumped. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (2 like this)
    NukSuKow
    So far so good. Isolated arctic research facility, black goo zombies, crawling through air vents while people keep track on digital maps. It references all our favourite sci if films.
    You read it. I thought it was clear.
  • Hmmm seen the first 3 eps so far. It can really go either way at this point. I'll stick with it for now but it has potential to get shit real quick.
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    This starts in the UK soon so I'm going to give it a go

The adverts look interesting

Worth a watch then?
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  (1 like this)
    NukSuKow
    Yeah check it out. It quite obviously draws from Alien/TheThing/Prometheus quite heavily so I'm hoping it just gets better. Honestly they do the Black Goo Zombie thing better than Prometheus did with their small budget so that's a plus.
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    Heh i didn't get through the first episode yet.
    I thought it felt really cheap. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • SargeISdeadSargeISdead  
    Colonist

So far so good. Isolated arctic research facility, black goo zombies, crawling through air vents while people keep track on digital maps. It references all our favourite sci if films.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I caught up on the first 3 episodes on Xboxlive tonight and must say it's a really good series. Some elements of Weyland Yutani at work for sure. 
    Do you know the difference between Justice and Punishment?

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.