Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Prometheus Exclusive in New EMPIRE Magazine
  • ViscalViscal  (9 like this)
    Brometheus
    Prometheus Movie The new issue of EMPIRE Magazine hit newstands in the UK today and what a breathtaking piece it is for Prometheus fans and potential fans alike! The issue contains an 18-page feature on Prometheus with exclusive photos as well as an exclusive in-depth interview with director Ridley Scott. The article in the feature reveals many story and character elements that have long been speculated among fans but now have been pretty much confirmed. We’ll highlight a few things learned from this article and the said interview with Ridley Scott (potential spoilers ahead):

1 – Old man Peter Weyland will very likely be a part of the Prometheus crew, and he sees himself as the Greek titan.
    2 - Next Prometheus viral will take the form of another advertisement but this time of David, the android.
    3 - Milburn, played by Rafe Spall, is a botanist.
    4 - Fifield, played by Sean Harris, is a geologist.
    5 - The Engineer, or the Space Jockey to most, is a 9-feet tall gray/blue skinned humanoid creature.
    6 - The “xenomorph” will likely make an appearance in the final minutes of the movie.
    7 - Ridley Scott is doing whatever it takes to release the most “aggressive” film he can.
    8 - Ridley doesn’t like us fans over-analyzing the film.

Buy the new EMPIRE issue today at your local newsstands in the UK. Or for both UK and non-UK residents, pick it up for your iPad here.

(Scans were taken down at the request of Chris Hewitt, writer of the Prometheus EMPIRE article)
    I wanna go home and party.
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist
    Thank you kind sir.
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

Vickers has close links to two of Prometheus' passengers and has the biggest agenda? Interesting.

Millburn is a botanist? Did not have much to do on a dead planet.

Nice pic of Vickers on Earth.

"Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • Anyone else see the possible eagle on millburn's hoodie? (half covered tho)
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

Anyone else see the possible eagle on millburn's hoodie? (half covered tho)

It's a winged 'W' (Weyland), it appears on nearly every item of clothing, spacesuits, etc.
  • SargeISdeadSargeISdead  
    Colonist
    The one thing I noticed is that in almost all of the actor "interviews" or what not it refers to them being contacted about the new "ALIEN" film. The actors also seem to keep talking about ALIEN with Logan Marshall -Green even mentioning it's more of a mix of the first two films. Interesting comments to say the least. I still believe all of this RS pandering that it's not a "prequel" is complete BS.
    Hudson: "Maybe we've got em' demoralized..."
  • plekzplekz  (2 like this)
    Colonist

The way things are phrased regarding Holloway and Shav, and that they are a "team" it does sound like Holloway will be around for the majority of the movie.

Question then becomes in what shape Holloway will be in.

• BonusituationBonusituation  
    Like_A_Boss
    That's a great picture of Noomi witht he sunglasses on behind the scenes.  Thanks for the images.  =D>
    We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • Kuato_LivesKuato_Lives  
    Colonist
    I'll pick that up tomorrow.
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    New scans in the first post. Lots more pics.
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Shit. I knew I had forgotten to buy something earlier. Is it just me or does Noomi look hot in those sunglasses?
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    So Holloway takes his helmet off when they find the air is breathable in the structure (but lethal outside) then he lets some water drip onto his face. Then the others follow suit. Big mistake.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    Seemed pretty spoiler laden (although we have kind of cobbled together some of the plot more or less). Definately paints the Space Jockey(s) in a less than pleasant light.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    bunnypf said:

So Holloway takes his helmet off when they find the air is breathable in the structure (but lethal outside) then he lets some water drip onto his face. Then the others follow suit. Big mistake.

That was my first thought, especially with the "Old Testament/Ten Plagues" talk concerning the Space Jockeys. The environment itself is hazardous.
  • plekzplekz  
    Colonist

bunnypf said:

That was my first thought, especially with the "Old Testament/Ten Plagues" talk concerning the Space Jockeys. The environment itself is hazardous.

I'm guessing the contents of those canopic jars is what the "Old Testament/Ten Plagues" is in refrence to
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    I missed putting up a link up there (forgive me, it's nearly 3am now for me :p)

[File removed for copyright reasons]
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (4 like this)
    Catpower
    I love that Ridley quote about us Internet people over analyzing the film production " I don't get where that comes from, actually it annoys the shit out of me" hahahaha.
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist

The article deifnately emphasizes the disdain the crew has for David. He could "The Cobra" (for fans of Lost).

• xinauxinau  
    Colonist
    What's funny is that everyone at IMDB is losing their sh1t over it apparently being PG-13 and it sounds like that decision has NOT been made.

And it seems Ridley is quite clear-headed about the trades (as you'd expect) of one vs. the other, and would argue forcefully and persuasively for the R.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on an R for this.

(with apologies for referring solely to US/MPAA-centric ratings in this post)

"If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • plekzplekz  
    Colonist

The article deifnately emphasizes the disdain the crew has for David. He could "The Cobra" (for fans of Lost).

I find LOST a steaming pile of shit, and if it wasnt for Ridley Scott being attached to this movie i would not have any expectations what so ever, cuz Lindelof is a JOKE.

Dude spent what (four-five years?) trying to come up with another conclusion (since people figured pergatory long before the first season was through) , spent these years going "lolz no it's not purgatory man!" until in the end it was like "okay lolz it is purgatory"

I hope this is built on the framework Jon Spaihts provided, and O'Bannons original ideas, and that Ridley just continued evolving this.

Basicly utalizing Lindelof as a glorified secretery.

I have the same disdain for Lindelof (ans his work) as i have for the Hackowski Brothers and Zach Snyder.

• BonusituationBonusituation  (1 like this)
    Like_A_Boss
    xinau said:

What's funny is that everyone at IMDB is losing their sh1t over it apparently being PG-13 and it sounds like that decision has NOT been made.

And it seems Ridley is quite clear-headed about the trades (as you'd expect) of one vs. the other, and would argue forcefully and persuasively for the R.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on an R for this.

(with apologies for referring solely to US/MPAA-centric ratings in this post)

This is the entire reason I recently left the imdb board and came here.  That place is a damn zoo. 8-}

The rating isn't paramount to me...a great movie is.  And I've seen great movies with all types of ratings.
    We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space.
  • Also kjohnston nice work working out fifield was a field geologist in the trailer thread hats off to you sir! (100 Khama your way)
  • bunnypfbunnypf  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    More or less confirmed Weyland as the old man?
  • Yeah pretty much bunny
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    There's a lot of stuff in there which makes the story seem less complex, which is nice.
  • rabidrangerrabidranger  
    Colonist
    bunnypf said:

More or less confirmed Weyland as the old man?

Seems like it, although I find it interesting he has so little screen time. Either he bites it or turns into something CGI.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.