Final batch of deleted scenes
  • ViscalViscal  (4 like this)
    Brometheus
    thanks anton! our article Prometheus Deleted Scenes
    I wanna go home and party.
  • antovolkantovolk  
    Colonist
    Viscal said:

Thanks. gonna put it in a place where it can be embedded here :P   Your vimeo one was fine as is . Again, thanks for everything Anton : )

Always good to have mirrors, plus I reached my limit for Vimeo uploading with the TEDTalk :P Thanks again!
  • CosmikCosmik  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    I was going to make a constructive comment...

but no

OMFG NERDGASM

Thanks a lot Antovolk !
  • MoscardinoMoscardino  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Fifield attack was a bit underwhelming...
  • CosmikCosmik  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Fifield attack is disappointing. Fifield is really good. But this is still the shitty editing from the movie with Shaw running everywhere.
  • NragemachineNragemachine  (1 like this)
    space_jesus
    Wow I didn't expect alternate Fifield to be so good. I hate to say it, but I might just prefer the cg version, he's so obviously transforming into a xeno. For a few seconds it almost feels like an Alien movie and the music that accompanies it is perfect. Seeing Milburn excited about worms and them finding the first alien lifeform was great and definitely needs to be in, other than those two it was immensely underwhelming.
    Assholes and elbows.
  • John_StarkJohn_Stark  (1 like this)
    Blade_Runner_Stark
    THANKS MAN!
    That first alien scene was vital for the plot. 
    Maybe the others were fine and cool, but that first alien one changes everything.

EDIT: ahahah, the engineer in the back at like 7 seconds in. 
    "wait wait, i'm not ready, adjusting my hoodie" 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • prometheepromethee  (2 like this)
    Colonist

Thank you,

Well, I kinda like the fifield scene, but the visuals are really rough so it doesn't look good as it is, but the design is definitely better than the generic zombie we got.

The scene where they find the alien fish/worm should have been in the movie.

For the other ones, well, I'm glad I can watch them but weren't essential. 

• NragemachineNragemachine  (1 like this)
    space_jesus
    promethee said:

Thank you,

Well, I kinda like the fifield scene, but the visuals are really rough so it doesn't look good as it is, but the design is definitely better than the generic zombie we got.

The scene where they find the alien fish/worm should have been in the movie.

For the other ones, well, I'm glad I can watch them but weren't essential. 

Totally, but remember alot of these alternate scenes are unfinished, adding the final touch ups and fixing the editing and I'm totally on board for alternate fifield. I'd rather have a mutant alien in my alien story than a mutant zombie any day, it just fits better and feels less out of place.
    Assholes and elbows.
  • VodiVodi  (3 like this)
    Predator
    Greatly appreciated, antovolk 

I love the mutant Fifield scene -- I much prefer it to the theatrical release
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • VodiVodi  (4 like this)
    Predator
  • VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator
    More Fifield:

• NragemachineNragemachine  (3 like this)
    space_jesus
    Gah he looks so... xeno! :D
    Assholes and elbows.
  • DonBarracudaDonBarracuda  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Have to agree the CGI Fifield when completed would have looked amazing! It's quite interesting watching unfinished work you can how they construct the scene.

I really wish the worm discovery scene was in the movie, its short so I don't really understand Ridley's logic for cutting it out, especially considering how their death scene made them look utterly stupid.

If you wanted an opinion, I'm on the fence about putting the CGI Fifield scene in the fan edit, some parts look finished, other parts the frame rate is inconsistent and then other parts look obviously CGI. Maybe if you sliced the two together you could come out with something really good, like keep prosthetic face close ups but for body shots (like the gif above of him jumping up onto the truck) use the CGI one. 
    :-?
  • DancingDavidDancingDavid  (2 like this)
    LazerBeatz
    Why, WHY did they NOT go with THAT.  Ten times better.
    FACTS.
    Blade_Runner_Stark

I really wish the worm discovery scene was in the movie, its short so I don't really understand Ridley's logic for cutting it out, especially considering how their death scene made them look utterly stupid.

This x100000!
    I can understand him excluding fiffield, i mean it looks good, but maybe he prefers practical. The arrival scene adds almost nothing and that holloway scene too. It's fine him excluding those scenes.

BUt the worm scene, NEEDS to be in this movie desperately. It explains Millburn's behaviour. It's criminal how it isn't included. 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • The worm scene is actually very essential. Simply showing some worms in the sand and then a full grown alien snake isn't enough. Together with the Skin scene this would've been really great.
    The Fifield scene is interesting, I like how he moves, although it sometimes looks like a monkey. I think I prefer the original, because Fifield looks waaay nastier.
    The paradise scene is good and I like how she treats David, but it gets pretty comical with his 'wait a minute' attitude. And it doesn't make sense: she puts the head in the bag, in the next scene the head is outside the bag and somehow Shaws helmet is open.
    Great stuff nonetheless.
  • prometheepromethee  (2 like this)
    Colonist

Let's be honest though, both Fifield designs are desperately uninspired.

• swcheese123swcheese123  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    That last scene was the paradise scene?! huge disappointment
    Blade_Runner_Stark

That last scene was the paradise scene?! huge disappointment

Yeah, most of the people who heard the writer's commentary, predicted it would be only that.
    Myself included...so i was ready for what it was. :P 
    Nanomachines, Son
  • qu7akerqu7aker  (3 like this)
    Deadite
    Still prefer zombie Fifield but the worm scene was great.
    GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!!
  • Where can I see these?  Embed is saying "you can't watch here jerk", more or less.
    FACTS.
  • Aw! Can you guys give me a link? Something happened to my laptop and was blocked for a while... I'd really appreciate it! :D 

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. Saw the link, downloading now!  :P
    "Big things have small beginnings."
  • TK_421TK_421  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I gotta say, after seeing all of the deleted scenes, almost all of them were cut for the right reasons. 

The CGI Fifield could have been pretty awesome though. Love the way he looks folded up outside the ship. So creepy. Once he starts moving though, not so much. 
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (1 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath

Fifield attack was a bit underwhelming...

It was fine. The editing killed it, but antovolk will be fixing that with his fan-edit.

"It's all in the reflexes."

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.