Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
MUTANT? INFECTED CREW MEMBER?
  • i thought it would be a good idea to give this its own discussion.

first image is of the suspected infected crew member

could the man being burned be this guy?

but we see him at the doorway being helped by katie dickie when the two guys are shooting so probably not

Here look at this.

is this our mutant? preparing for a stunt.

looks
    like his back is riddled with bullet holes or burn marks. his face
    looks like it had bumps and achne or some kind of burn marks

he's jumping or falling of the RT rover. If you zoom in his face is
    deformed, eyes are shut, looks like his stubbled chin is blood soaked,
    his vest is bloody and one arm is bigger than the other. plus a part of
    his top right skull is missing (u can see the broken top part of the
    back of his helmet)

the person being jumped on. is he the one firing the flame thrower just seconds before he is attacked?

then the mutant attacks his mate. note you can see a body with a still firing flame thrower next to it.

this whole action scene is obviously the same scene. Now let me debate freely on the two men firing.

By judging the angles it looks like they come in with the others
    standing behind them at the doorway just when the mutant jumps of the RT
    rover and attacks or kills the crew member lying down. they fire at it.
    it then runs and attacks another crew member. at the same time the two
    armed men run around the corner, fire again at it.

meaning bulletsm ay not hurt or kill this fucker

I was an AVP fan like you. . . Till I took an Arrow to the knee!!!!
  • NorthernSoulNorthernSoul  
    Colonist
    Is it just me or does the creature look different between when it jumps off the top of the vehicle to when it tosses the guy?

To me it looks like he's changing, specifically his limbs look to be getting longer. 

If this is all happening in the same sequence...then that would mean that the transformation is happening quite fast. 

Maybe?
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    @nineinch if you want to illustrate your point with multiple images, please use the embed feature instead of making multiple posts.

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/1/basic-info-introductions/p1

Also please re-read the guidelines.
    I wanna go home and party.
  • homer1962homer1962  
    Colonist
    Just putting this out there. Any chance of a mutant turning into an egg?
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (1 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    Hmm, which came first, the mutant or the egg? : ) I remember a deleted scene where Ripley finds Dallas and he's slowly turning into an egg. That, or perhaps he's just cocooned in what appears to be an egg. Regardless, I willing to bet that Ridley's going to have something strange and shape-shifting like that in Prometheus. What better way to keep us guessing?
    Vivez la yoga pants.
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    I think the general belief originally was that the Xenomorph cocoons you (in slime) and you eventually turn into an egg, thus completing the cycle.
    They removed the Dallas scene (as you mentioned), so the audience were never privy to the notion.

This was before the whole Queen Alien concept used in Aliens.
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    The xenomorph could plant a Facehugger embryo/seed/small egg in the cocooned host and it is the Facehugger that builds the large egg structure in the course of its maturing. 
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    The beauty of Prometheus is that if they go down the route of an airborne biological weapon that randomly screws with your DNA then the whole life cycle part of the Xenomorph is irrelevant. The creature that grows inside the host could pick up a whole new way of reproducing which makes the issues with Resurrection actually more believable.
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • rogue007rogue007  
    Colonist
    I think all you guys are going a bit too far with the whole mutant factor....

..... Let's try a new theory to cool your jets, and see if my idea works in the story that doesn't stray away from what's been done in the previous films and could/will make sense and keep within tradition..... Shall we?

How about the person jumping off some aperatus towards another person is actually a hidden or spy synthetic?

It would make sense that Weyland in all it's glory as we already know that tech and biological finds are of the upmost importance. Important enough that all secondary concerns are discarded.

Maybe the scientist found something, or awoke something that even in the trailers say that it could "be the end of all mankind".... That they feel that they have to destroy the derelict ship before in scuttles off to Earth and that mystery burnt person is an android committed to bring the tech/biological information to Weyland.

I feel that the lack of persons shown thus far in both the initial trailer, sneer peak of the new March 17th trailer followed by the three countdown clips of the main trailer, that they almost show what could be a chronological order of events and show lack of people at the end of those trailers.

We now see in the trailer sneak peak that the Prometheus is flying towards the derelict and launches to what looks like an escape pod. Then you see Shaw and another character running away a broken up ship (the derelict) coming back to land crashing.

In none of the other shots/views we do not see David (Fassbender) and that he could be the leaping person.

.....before you say that isn't or couldn't be him, I think the suit he's wearing like everybody is a space type suit and can handle extreme heat in most places and could for the most part can survive a flamethrower attack..... But since he is a synthetic, maybe the reason he's taller and over-grown is because maybe the flamethrower melted him, maybe elongating him a tad.

..... Also I would to add, that we do see David wearin some kind of half helmet, maybe some kind of tool for scanning in the leaked con footage from the stills we see. We even see Shaws belly being pushed out like its giving birth to something... Maybe he did it.

(but I'm also at a loss here because I see David setting down with the wheelchair person when a bloody Shaw walks in falls to her knees)..... Oh, one more thing!

...... Maybe the old person is the leaping man!..... His face matches the shot where he's leaping !!!!!!

Maybe not...
  • NickIsSmartNickIsSmart  (1 like this)
    Flaming_Telepath
    I don't think the leaping man is David because, honestly, he looks nothing like him. However, you mentioning a spy synthetic made me think of Ash tossing Ripley around like a rag doll - just like the poor bastard in the blue suit is getting picked up and tossed in the trailer preview... Dan O'Bannon would hate it, but Ridley did mention the possibility of a second android. : )
    Vivez la yoga pants.
  • rogue007rogue007  
    Colonist
    Oh yeah your right!..... Forget the wheelchair man he's in the background of the men firing thee weapons as they are walking in towards the leaping man.

I think the spy android is the best explanation and I think people at Fox are laughing at mutation theory's.

.... Even I'm laughing and I think mutation doesn't fit into the 'Alien' franchise at all.
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    Mutation is already part of the franchise, in my opinion.

Eg. The xenomorph in Alien 3 took on some canine features, the previous xenomorphs took on more human features.

Mutation is part of the xenomorph's effectiveness and adaptability.
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    rogue007 I think most of us here (and a few other forums) have got it right. If there is another android it will be someone you least expect, and it might not even be a Weyland model either.
  • drxs0drxs0  
    Colonist
    I am not sure if anyone else picked this up or not sorry if it has been discussed.  But in Aliens the xeno that takes Newt has some sort of extra bone on his arm.  Well our mutant has that same bone like structure on his right arm.  But from what I can tell the bone like structure isn't there when he jumps off the vehicle. It could be a light refraction, but I don't think so.
    ~In Space No One Can Hear You Scream~
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist
    I thought Ridley said there would be no Xenos in Prometheus?  Also, and this is just my personal stance, I don't take anything after Alien as canon to be used when theorizing about Prometheus.  Not even the novellization of the film.  I want only Ridley's vision of Alien to be The One True StoryTM

@Rogue007:  When I step through the teaser trailer I see that the mowhawk guy's arms have elongated and he seems taller than the other crew members.  His head doesn't even have to be visible to suggest that he's mutating.

Admins: The superscript tag is not rendering properly after I save my comment.  I'm using the latest build of Google Chrome.
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • 007 that is possible. i take my hat off to you sir

i never thought about it like that
    I was an AVP fan like you. . . Till I took an Arrow to the knee!!!!
  • terrapinbearterrapinbear  
    Colonist
    @Rogue007:  I'm so glad you're not a screen writer in Hollywood, because you have some of the silliest notions about Prometheus I've ever read.
    =\/\/= The Prometheus Has Landed! =\/\/=
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus

Admins: The superscript tag is not rendering properly after I save my comment.  I'm using the latest build of Google Chrome.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The WYSIWYG editor is far from perfect out of the box.

--

In trying not to derail this thread too much (I'm not opposed to slight derailing of threads, btw)... I ask what the reasoning is for believing this guy
    image is the same as this guy:
    ...as proposed by some of you. Nevermind the blackened crewman suit that may be the result of being torched. But how does it account for the long limbs and that elongated head all of a sudden (assuming the scenes are connected)?
    I wanna go home and party.
  • NorthernSoulNorthernSoul  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    @viscal - That's what I'm wondering. My guess is the transformation is happening quite rapidly. Like a werewolf. 

Otherwise it would have to be two different creatures. 
  • rogue007rogue007  
    Colonist
    Listen, not unless the movie the is going to be 3+ hours long, I don't think a subplot of a mutated human will/can be told in the film...... There's already to much to tell within the story to close the derelict story and why it's the primary.

Just look.... There's the back story of the finding of the planet they're going to, there is the finding of the ampule room and the structure they are searching. David is an android, so there is an android story. We have seen leaked footage of a xenomorph, so we do know that there is a black creature that launches some kind of mechanism. We see an assumed SJ, there's gotta be a small story there on how he is going to destroy earth and that's why he is launching the derelict (maybe, they are saying "destroy mankind" in the trailer)..... And this leaping man theory fight sequence, it's gotta be an android of sort.

....... Listen whoever here is saying I'm retarded for not going with your weird story of mutants and x-men, I'm not buying it because mutant humans does not fit in the Alien storyline of any Film, not even in the AVP spin-offs!

To answer the guy who said in Alien3 that the xenomorph was different, that was due to the facehugger lashing itself to a dog/cow and not a human host. One thing that is known and not really looked was the that the host most give off some kind of DNA for the xenomorph to grow and burst out. Hence a facehugger on a predator creating a predalien in AvP2 (I'm not a AvP enthusiast and not caring if canon exist between the two franchises). The facehugger attached itself to a dog in the theatrical release of Alien3 and made a smaller leaner xenomorph that Ripley herself said that she has never seen before. That's because they were no dog/animal hybrids on LV-426 that they were fighting. It was new to her.

Again, a "mutant human" does not fit in the real Alien franchise and I don't think they have time to explain a completely new concept of a mutant and how it's transforming into something..... Even some of you are even trying to grasp onto your therories by saying "it must be a really fast quick mutation" so you can justify your mutant theory.

....... Now, if the new trailer comes out Saturday and we see a mutant ninja turtle Space Jockey that was made from one of Proms' crew, I'll eat all my words and bow down..... But I think there must be a SJ hidden in stasis somewhere that they must have accidents awaken and foils their good day.

If the trailer doesn't explain anything new about leaping man, then we will see when it comes out.
  • NorthernSoulNorthernSoul  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    @rogue - It's all personal opinion at this point. Nobody's right and nobody's wrong.

Personally, I'm here just to enjoy the process of discussing a movie we're all excited to see. I'm definitely not here to tell anyone their ideas are wrong.
  • ramp_closingramp_closing  
    Colonist
    I guess leaping boy and gigantor just really don't like the cornbread.
    My hot dog has a first name. It's es pee yew en kay.
  • rogue007rogue007  
    Colonist
    Northernsoul, I'm not saying that anybody's idea is wrong, but I'm saying that if they look at what works already then mutation doesn't work in the franchise.... Just stating the obvious.

I'm very much leaning towards a rogue android because it fits into Scott's Alien film.... But a little part of me is saying maybe there is a mutant because the mutant idea is so prevalent here.

..... The only way the mutations theory would work is that maybe a human get dosed with something (maybe Halloway in the face grasping scene) and turns into a SJ..... Which kinda works because we know that the Xenomorph have genetics embedded in their DNA that allows them all to function the same. Because if they didn't, who taught them to all behave the same. It's not like they all went to Xenomorph school, lol.

But I think that maybe the SJ is seperate because even though he might be mutated for a human, genetics don't allow massive intelligence enough to know how to work foreign SJ technology enough that he can fly the derelict and know how to work the alien ships computers to destroy earth.
  • There is one thing that makes me think the engineer isn’t a mutated crewmember and that is the sarcophagi / hyper sleep capsules surrounding the jockey gun / scope, and that one is open.
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

rogue007, I can't really take your point seriously when you come up with stuff like;

"We have seen leaked footage of a xenomorph, so we do know that there is a black creature that launches some kind of mechanism."

Are you sure we are talking about the same movie here?

• rogue007rogue007  
    Colonist
    Take me seriously ??? When I " come up" with stuff?

I take it you haven't seen the leaked fox trailer and the stills from the CON footage..... It shows a blackish glossy creature and in another shot there is an orifice that launches some kind of projectile....

I didn't make up anything and I suggest you look at it as well like I did, like most here have.

I'm just pointing out the obvious, not making anything up. Look for yourself dude.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.