Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Humans and Facehugger in Alien Mural
  • empyrean190empyrean190  (22 like this)
    Colonist
    Take a look boys and girls! They're to the left and right of the guys.

1977 HR Giger concept art for ALIEN

Tell us your thoughts on Prometheus.
    Create an account using Facebook or the old fashioned way. Free to register!

• Heh, and Holloway missed those.

EDIT: Those Engineers were indeed playing with fire.
    Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks?
  • The_Last_ProxyThe_Last_Proxy  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    I see it!! omg.
  • ViscalViscal  (7 like this)
    Brometheus
    Great find and neat pic!  Thanks for sharing that photo.

imageimage

I wanna go home and party.
  • Sticky_FingazSticky_Fingaz  
    NukSuKow
    Very cool find mate
    You read it. I thought it was clear.
  • spacemonkeyspacemonkey  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    those are more likely to be engineers not humans in the mural. my thought all along is the engineers and xenos are tied to together in some sort of strange birth/death ritual. I guess when there is no host species to allow xeno births the engineers do it themselves. 
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    What I just noticed in the H.R. Giger 77 image I just posted is that the humanoid has some alien detailing on its skin/suit. Here's a higher-res version http://i.imgur.com/vzo0y.jpg
    I wanna go home and party.
  • empyrean190empyrean190  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Yep, would make much more sense that those are engineers. In the original Giger Alien Lifecycle you can see a Engineer release a facehugger onto another Engineer. Maybe it's more than just a nice picture and Engineers and Xenomorphs are more related to each other as we think.
  • Mr_CairoMr_Cairo  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    This cute little fellow is on the opposite side as well...
    Bitch broke my heart.
  • The_Last_ProxyThe_Last_Proxy  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Viscal said:

It's interesting that they decided to use so much of the old designs in the movie. I hope though that we never actually see a facehugger that looks like this.
  • ChevalierChevalier  (5 like this)
    Colonist
    The mural kind of reminds me of Giger's The Spell I:

"Oh no! Not the Hall of Death again! The only way out of here is death!" - Mike Dawson, Dark Seed II.
  • ShadamachaeonShadamachaeon  (1 like this)
    Colonist

Viscal said:

It's interesting that they decided to use so much of the old designs in the movie. I hope though that we never actually see a facehugger that looks like this.

I'm sure that they will be in the sequel - " Prometheus 2 -  Electric Boogaloo" :-)
  • where was this wall from?
  • KolKol  (5 like this)
    Gottteufel
    from prometheus.
  • jasinviso2000jasinviso2000  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    The Mural from the movie may well be intended as Engineers, but the original drawing that Giger did that it references I would say they were humans, as his space jockey's weren't humanoids in suits, correct me if I'm mistaken. 
  • xd18911xd18911  
    Colonist
    That's an astounding find to spot Giger's early Alien designs in the Mural!

The Alien Lifecycle mural was intended to be used in the original film but gave too much of the plot away. What it shows in the centre is obvious but the humanoid framing the picture depicts someone carefully overseeing the process. In Alien this was Ash whose job was to supervise the gestation until birth.
  • xinauxinau  
    Colonist
    Didn't someone here note that some of the filigree surrounding the Engineer + Space Tapir mural on the ceiling is actually lifted directly from the lifecycle mural?

I know I'm not imagining that.
    "If Lindelof's script sucks I will wage my own personal jihad on the man and not rest until the streets are flowing with the blood of him and his children." -- ViGiLaNzA on IMDB
  • xinau said:

Didn't someone here note that some of the filigree surrounding the Engineer + Space Tapir mural on the ceiling is actually lifted directly from the lifecycle mural?

Yeah, Bonussituation for one did an overlay of the original piece and the space tapir mural, and the worm looking stuff indeed was a 100% match.
    Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks?
  • prometheusfire08prometheusfire08  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    anyone key in on the fact that those ''facehuggers'' that are from gigers original facehugger concepts (that got rejected by scott in 78 ) look to me alot more like cuddles (big) i have a print of alien D3 and it seems like scott has used more giger than people are noticing :)
  • ZellsterZellster  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    So these discussions and murals have completely changed my opinion of the fate of the original SJ on the Derelict.  The Engineers are totally into self-sacrifice.  Like the Gardener, his sacrifice creates all life on lifeless planets.  Other Engineers sacrifice themselves to be vessels for Xenos.

I always thought the SJ in Alien was a victim but now I think it was intentional, a form of Gardening but with the results to be a Xeno colony.
    Engineers are philanthropic misanthropes
  • GabusMaximusGabusMaximus  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    @Zellster

I agree. And it makes them even more creepy, imo. It's like they worship pain and death.
    "amped out war dance!!!", nivekkevin.
  • Transamorem04Transamorem04  (1 like this)
    Colonist

xinau said:

Yeah, Bonussituation for one did an overlay of the original piece and the space tapir mural, and the worm looking stuff indeed was a 100% match.

Can you provide a link to this please? I'd love to see it.
  • justinlucas99justinlucas99  
    Colonist
    Wow. I'm actually really taken aback by this revelation. As soon as I saw the picture I was like FUCK that's Giger's original facehugger design!
    And good call Viscal that humanoid does indeed look very Engineer'ish!
    Wow.
  • hertorturehertorture  
    Colonist
    So this basically confirms what a lot of people seem to be disputing for some reason. The Engineers knew all about the proto-xenos and how to "manufacture" them. Some people seem to think the one in the end is the very first of its kind, despite the clues given in the Alien Mural.
  • artursadlosartursadlos  
    Colonist
    Could be their original life cycle. Engineer is a male and Xeno is female (sort of). But it is more complicated and reversed and female impregnates male :)
  • metroidmetroid  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    ^ like a messed up sea horse!

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.