Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Prometheus at WonderCon 2012 & NEW Trailer Premiere!
  • ViscalViscal  (3 like this)
    Brometheus
    Both Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof will be making an appearance at Wondercon in two Saturdays from now, March 17th in Anaheim California. As part of this appearance, they will screen EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE of Prometheus.

1:15-2:15 20th Century Fox: Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter…in 3D— 20th Century Fox and WonderCon attendees have two big reasons to celebrate the year’s event. Sir Ridley Scott, director of Alien and Blade Runner, returns to the genre he helped define and he’ll be live on stage to tell you all about Prometheus, his epic and groundbreaking new mythology. Sir Ridley and co-screenwriter Damon Lindelof will screen some exclusive footage. source

Just hours right after WonderCon, Ridley Scott & Co will attend a separate event but where fans around the world can take part in:

LIVE INTERNET STREAMING EVENT:
    "Find all the latest Prometheus videos right here, and return to this site on Saturday, March 17 at 4 p.m. to watch the live stream of the event!" http://go.amctheatres.com/prometheus

Some starting times for this streaming event according to time zone:
    • 4pm PST (March 17)
    • 7pm EST (March 17)
    • 11pm GMT (March 17, UK residents)
    • 10am (March 18, eastern Australia residents)

Thanks to ZsoltiDarkoo for the links!  >>  https://twitter.com/#!/zsoltifiddler
    I wanna go home and party.
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    I had expected something of Prometheus to show up at the SXSW film festival in Austin, TX. It starts in a couple of days and runs for a week. Nothing turns up on the SXSW web-site. Maybe it will be a surprise, there were entry conflict/difficulties or it didn't have the promotional value that Fox wants.
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    Exciting!

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist
    Can we hope that we get better stolen images (or even a decent video) this time round?
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    @kjohnson -- Unfortunate that it'll be a no-show at SXSW. Austin has been a hot spot for film festivals since BNAT.

@vodi -- Totally!

@bunnypf -- Better yet: an immediate official release of said footage after the events of the con ;)
  • CharismCharism  
    Colonist
    Really? O.O  Can't wait! : D
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    I was speculating about the official release part, BTW :p

Nonetheless, new footage shown to the public in about 10 days  : )
  • kjohnson26kjohnson26  
    Colonist
    Were those Comic-Con images photos of sequences from the film or were they like shots from a slide-show?
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Sequences from the film with quick edits. Exactly HOW quick, don't know.

http://io9.com/5823610/first-footage-from-ridley-scotts-prometheus-made-our-space-helmets-explode
  • http://www.amctheatres.com/movie-news/2012/03/exclusive-amc-theatres-20th-century-fox-livestream-present-live-q-a-with-director-ridley-scott-and-premiere-of-new-prometheus-trailer

On Saturday, March 17th at 4 p.m. PST/ 7 p.m. EST, legendary director Ridley Scott will premiere the first full trailer for one of 2012's most anticipated films, PROMETHEUS, at the AMC Downtown Disney in Anaheim, CA. This invite-only premiere will follow a 30 minutes Q&A session with the iconic director conducted by Prometheus writer/producer Damon Lindelof (Co-creator, Executive Producer and Writer of TV's LOST).

So how can you see the Q&A and trailer premiere? We've got you covered!

Livestream will be streaming the entire event LIVE online and it will be viewable at the following destinations:

AMCTheatres.com: http://go.amctheatres.com/prometheus
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Yep.

New full-length trailer streaming live on March 17th.

Some starting times for this event according to time zone:
    • 4pm PST (March 17)
    • 7pm EST (March 17)
    • 12 midnight (March 18) for UK residents.
    • 11am (March 18) for eastern Australia residents.
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

Livestream will be streaming the entire event LIVE online and it will be viewable at the following destinations:

AMCTheatres.com: http://go.amctheatres.com/prometheus

It's going to crash isn't it?
    "Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • nineinchwondernineinchwonder  (3 like this)
    Colonist
    Am i hearing this right? there is going to be new trailer debuting on March 17th????

please comfirm this for me cause i wanna know if gaining a boner was worth it
    I was an AVP fan like you. . . Till I took an Arrow to the knee!!!!
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    @bunnypf ... I dont doubt it would crash. I'm sure Jonesy has his opinion on this however.

@nineinch ...  MARCH 18TH for you because you're in the future!

• Viscal said:

@bunnypf ... I dont doubt it would crash. I'm sure Jonesy has his opinion on this however.

@nineinch ...  MARCH 18TH for you because you're in the future!

i just came
  • NragemachineNragemachine  
    space_jesus
    So this is what a multiple orgasm is like...
    Assholes and elbows.
  • nineinchwondernineinchwonder  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Yeah just hit the G (geek) spot
    space_jesus
    *High five*
    Assholes and elbows.
  • This new trailer which obviously will give us some element of plot; but not too much. do you guys think they shoudln't release it? i mean im gagging for it and most of us alien nutjobs would give an arm and a leg for it but are we better being left in the dark till we see the film?
    space_jesus
    you are probably right Nineinch, its such a torturous conundrum, on the one hand we want to see more, we crave it. But at the same time we know that if we end up seeing or knowing too much it will spoil the actual film when we do finally see it. I think that they can keep us occupied and perhaps even distracted from important details of the film while still keeping us engaged and interested until its release if the Weyland website continues with these little games of theirs. That way we are not spoiled and still not found wanting...
    Assholes and elbows.
  • CharismCharism  
    Colonist
    I don't wont this. Because if this will be out, I will watch it. But I don't want to be spoiled more.
  • At the event Damon Lindelof will be asking Mr Scott questions sent by fans via this website

http://www.amctheatres.com/movie-news/2012/03/exclusive-amc-theatres-20th-century-fox-livestream-present-live-q-a-with-director-ridley-scott-and-premiere-of-new-prometheus-trailer

so get on it friends and post a question you'd like to be answered. i already sent one asking if we'll see the same horrifying sexual and rape imagery we saw in alien and if it will be rated R
    space_jesus
    Thanks for the link Nineinch, I have posted a query of my own.
    Assholes and elbows.
  • deadinspacedeadinspace  
    Colonist

I have a question.

Once the trailer premieres, is it going to be available here or elsewhere for subsequent viewing?

Ugh...Three weeks in March, all of April, all of May, one week in June. I'd willingly age three more months in an instant for the chance to see it right now.

• It'll be put online the night its shown. so yeah you'll be able to watch it online march 17th
  • deadinspacedeadinspace  
    Colonist

At the event Damon Lindelof will be asking Mr Scott questions sent by fans via this website

http://www.amctheatres.com/movie-news/2012/03/exclusive-amc-theatres-20th-century-fox-livestream-present-live-q-a-with-director-ridley-scott-and-premiere-of-new-prometheus-trailer

so get on it friends and post a question you'd like to be answered. i already sent one asking if we'll see the same horrifying sexual and rape imagery we saw in alien and if it will be rated R

I think the answer is yes...and I think it's going to be Noomi Rapace, but somehow it doesn't kill her.

I'd love to revisit some of these threads afterward to see how rightly or wrongly we all speculated...mostly wrong I'm guessing.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.