Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
The Dark Knight Rises
  • ummesterummester  
    AssFlower

Checks the dkr thread...... Oooh shi...

Why oh shit Jonsey? :)

It's intersting analysis of the film, I think.

Suck fuddlety!
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus

Hey guys i think i found a picture of Aeus as a kid :P

holy shit i had that shirt. and The Killing Joke.  I hated that TPB cover of The Dark Knight Returns, luckily I had a different cover version. I never was a Year One fan.
    I wanna go home and party.
  • VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator
    The irony being that hipsters would dress like that today and be seen by some as being super cool

I had a skin-tight Spiderman tshirt and duvet cover
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    Meanwhile there's some sad little kid walking around somewhere with a star wars phantom menace shirt
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    Meanwhile there's some sad little kid walking around somewhere with a star wars phantom menace shirt

... as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    Vodi said:

... as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror

actually speaking on the phantom menace. anyone here remember the mid-late 90's? How every single star wars fan and scifi enthusiast was anticipating the return to scifi by george lucas? remember the hype? the marketing? the debates? remember the long cue's at the cinemas? remember how everyone's hype and anticipation turned to shit? could history repeat itself with not only the TDKR but with prometheus?
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    anyone here remember the mid-late 90's?

I'd rather not

But, yeah, I recall the hype but I genuinely had very low expectations

Realistically, how could they add to or improve on the original 3? Not gonna happen!
  • AeusAeus  (3 like this)
    Batswag

Yeah his name is Sharp Sticks, he's a regular over at AVPG.
    The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.
  • JonesycatpantsJonesycatpants  (2 like this)
    Catpower
    Aeus said:

Yeah his name is Sharp Sticks, he's a regular over at AVPG.

He really loved that shirt man. :)
    Jonesy you little shit..you're staying right here
  • AeusAeus  (1 like this)
    Batswag
    http://nilesfilmfiles.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/anxieties-of-influence-christopher.html

Was watching Heat, noticing the parallels between it and TDK, did some googling and stumbled on this. Interesting read.

Nolan's picture is asking questions about moviegoers in general: he is insistent, much like Mann is, of using real spaces and bodies for shooting, and dislikes the hampering dependence on CGI effects. The action hero has forsaken itself to the land of the unreal and into the realm of Resident Evil-like pretenders, the scallywags of cinema, Indiana Jones being the latest casualty this past summer. Just as Mann was taking the crime film back from post-modernist irony in 1995 (in the wake ofPulp Fiction and the Tarantino copycats), Nolan is acting with a similar sincerity in salvaging superhero fantasies from being full-length videogames, and back to the richness of raw meatspace moviemaking. In discussing the quandary of the real and the unreal, the crime fighter and the criminal, the analog and the digital, the meat vs. the hyperThe Dark Knight warns of the danger in surrendering giving to the virtual identity as opposed to the grounded, examined Self. To fall back into technology for convenience's sake traps our heroes in a confused pixilated mist.
  • AeusAeus  
    Batswag
  • ViscalViscal  (1 like this)
    Brometheus
    RUMOR: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is better than the THE DARK KNIGHT
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=58396

Is This The Official Run-time For THE DARK KNIGHT RISES?
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=58391
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (3 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    dont think I can sit around and watch a guy dressed as a ruber condom and speaking like Marlon Brando with a throat infection for 2 hrs and 40min's. But since Nolan is directing I will with great pleasue :D whens the trailer coming out?
  • AeusAeus  
    Batswag
    Taking that with a grain of salt but the longer the better.
  • AeusAeus  
    Batswag

dont think I can sit around and watch a guy dressed as a ruber condom and speaking like Marlon Brando with a throat infection for 2 hrs and 40min's. But since Nolan is directing I will with great pleasue :D whens the trailer coming out?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/04/22/dark-knight-rises-trailer-avengers/

it's out in a few days
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus

whens the trailer coming out?

in 2 weeks
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (2 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    I don't think I can wait. . .

for the trailer
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    if we're lucky, we'll get an official quality version online on Thursday or Friday (right on opening day of the Avengers), which is about 12 days from now.  But going by past convention, the TDKR trailers were released a few days after they made its debut at the theatres
  • AeusAeus  
    Batswag
    it'll leak really fast 
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    Aeus said:

it'll leak really fast 

That's what she said

Do you think we'll start getting a viral build-up soon?

It seems awfully quiet so far, especially when compared to the stuff they did for TDK

• TerraformerTerraformer  
    Biggus_Diccus
    Vodi said:

Aeus said:

it'll leak really fast 

That's what she said

Do you think we'll start getting a viral build-up soon?

It seems awfully quiet so far, especially when compared to the stuff they did for TDK

dont think they need to. everyone from morloks to farmers mothers are anticipating this film
  • VodiVodi  
    Predator
    True, but that's lazy!

Viral and the internet make a movie release even more exciting
  • AeusAeus  (1 like this)
    Batswag
    I dunno

TDKs viral marketing was in synch with the Jokers character. He puts himself out there for everyone to see - 'he can't resist showing us his face'. That's why I imagine they went nuts with it, because they could credibly squeeze so much out of him

Bane on the other hand, going by the prologue is like some horrible myth - 'the masked man'. All the CIA know is to be shit scared of him
  • AeusAeus  
    Batswag

Warner Bros. Executive Calls THE DARK KNIGHT RISES "Groundbreaking"

“This is what a summer popcorn movie is all about. I don’t want to oversell it, but this has elements that are ground-breaking and are really a thrill ride.”

"Yes, our 3rd trailer will be out with The Avengers. We see this placement as a good strategic decision. We always want our trailers to be seen with films that people want to see — and a lot of people will be going to The Avengers! It will provide the best potential exposure for The Dark Knight Rises. It’s a big positive for everyone!"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=58416
  • That's promising. It has a lot of hype to live it to. I hope it meets it.
    You read it. I thought it was clear.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.