Prometheus Forum
We are the Gods now
Three NEW Clips from Prometheus **SPOILERS**
  • ViscalViscal  (10 like this)
    Brometheus
    Update (May 28): One of the three clips is now available on a sanctioned Youtube channel

Thanks to seeasea for the link up!
    I wanna go home and party.
  • I guess even if they're clips they're spoilers? Some new stuff in one and three. David might be a bad boy, but I don't think he made what's in that urn. And the head is "in the bag" so to speak.

I think this movie is going to be epic.

EDIT: Didn't catch the ***SPOILERS*** tag, nor the post about spoiler tag rules. I unspoiled my post and made it make sense.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    I think at this point, these promotional clips and images can be treated as spoilers. It has simply been a case of showing too much, IMO.

Per the new spoiler rule http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/1013/rules-on-where-to-use-spoiler-warnings, you dont have to use spoiler tags in this thread since the thread title already has a spoiler warning in it.

So feel free to talk about leaked info and such without tagging it in this thread.  If someone does use spoiler tags in this thread, I have no problems with that whatsoever.
  • Gotcha. Thanks for the clips!
  • ZavulonZavulon  
    Colonist
    "The head!"   haha.

Again David's section is the most intriguing to me. He works as if he knows exactly what is going on, brazen and fearless. 

• Ass_hAss_h  
    Colonist
    This is Great !

Question at Viscal, do you know how I could download this video on my HDD ? Because I use Download helper, which work very well for the majority of videos, but some doesn't work with this Firefox add-on, as Rutube, Vimeo and some others.
    Her for example, I cannot even get the adress of the video by clicking on the player screen.
    Hell is a place where the humorists are german, the cooks are english and the garage owners are french.
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    Added it to our secondary Youtube channel (first post)
  • NautilusNautilus  (1 like this)
    Colonist

Zavulon said:

"The head!"   haha.

Again David's section is the most intriguing to me. He works as if he knows exactly what is going on, brazen and fearless. 

I would n't say that, it looks like he breaks the top off by accident which seems a bit careless for an android, I would never have even attempted to hold it at that point.
  • roguedesignerroguedesigner  
    Colonist
    Ass_h said:

This is Great !

Question at Viscal, do you know how I could download this video on my HDD ? Because I use Download helper, which work very well for the majority of videos, but some doesn't work with this Firefox add-on, as Rutube, Vimeo and some others.
    Her for example, I cannot even get the adress of the video by clicking on the player screen.

Try JDownloader. Just copy the URL in YouTube and it will add it to the links list. Then just choose the version you want to download from there.
  • TerraformerTerraformer  (1 like this)
    Biggus_Diccus
    the last clip is going to be epic in 3d. that looks like glass particals inside that storm. could the storm be from the engineers using some sort of nano-tech
    Any views, opinions or comments by Terraformer are not those of Prometheusforum.net and purely for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously and not to be read by anyone.
  • justinlucas99justinlucas99  (2 like this)
    Colonist
    Yes- the quarantine systems and bio hazard protocols don't seem to taken very seriously at all by the crew. It's a little far fetched to be honest. To many mavericks and fools and hotshots and rogue robots maketh a primordial DNA Alien human genetic soup from hell.

Vickers and Fifield seem to be the only sane ones on the ship. Although the flight crew seem pretty good at their role to be fair.
  • AdamPDAdamPD  
    Colonist
    Is it any wonder the engineers get pissed? They steal one of their comrades' heads and one of their urns, lol

Is the black liquid from the urn, the "Fire" that "Prometheus" steals?

Perhaps the punishment is chest bursters being sent to earth.

Interesting note on wikipedia about Prometheus:

In Norse mythology, the god Loki
    (often associated with fire) was bound to a rock. Above him is a large
    serpent which drips toxic venom upon him. His wife collects the poison
    in a bowl, but must empty it every time it gets full. As she is in the
    process of doing this, the snake proceeds to cover Loki in poison.
    Just
    as Prometheus gets his liver eaten only to have it grow back again, Loki
    is temporarily saved from venom only to have it drip on him once more.
  • SmokygraysonSmokygrayson  
    Colonist
    I think it's just a dust storm - as in the original ALIEN script.
  • ChrisPachiChrisPachi  
    Colonist
    There is no doubt now that the contents of the urns are ampoules. Scoop! :D
  • ViscalViscal  
    Brometheus
    OK, I will spoiler tag this anyway. If others choose to reply to this w/o tags, that is fine.

Yes, the original Twitter girl said the urns contained snakes.

According to my other source:  Urns have different stages of biological matter in them. In the video above, we see David experimenting with one of the ampules ("concocting his own mix", and presumably where the contents of the urns is in its early stage) to dispel Shaw's beliefs.

So to me, the Twitter girl just said a very abridged version of the contents of the urns/ampules. Concerning the urns in the Big Head room, at least some of them will contain a snake or two (but not all urns), according to the original Twitter girl.

• ZavulonZavulon  
    Colonist
    Nautilus said:

Zavulon said:

"The head!"   haha.

I would n't say that, it looks like he breaks the top off by accident which seems a bit careless for an android, I would never have even attempted to hold it at that point.

If we are to take exact expressions, his face before the breaks the top off is that of "so this probably..."

I took his flinch as "Oh, that's it, that was easy..."
  • bunnypfbunnypf  
    Colonist

Yes- the quarantine systems and bio hazard protocols don't seem to taken very seriously at all by the crew. It's a little far fetched to be honest. To many mavericks and fools and hotshots and rogue robots maketh a primordial DNA Alien human genetic soup from hell.

Vickers and Fifield seem to be the only sane ones on the ship. Although the flight crew seem pretty good at their role to be fair.

Vickers -

Remember that she hand-picked the (clown) crew. She (it is rumoured) wants the mission to fail to get rid of her father, but she also wants to get out of it alive. That's why she insists on going home when Weyland is still on the planet.

David - Anyone thinks that his lab is secreted away on the ship and that he smuggled the urn aboard? He seems to be on his own a lot in the complex. Nice to see also that the urn was frozen as some suspected (the difference in colour from brassy to frosty white).

"Once upon a time I was a hell of an Engineer."
  • ChrisPachiChrisPachi  
    Colonist
    The fact that David is keeping the urn in the med-lab freezer definitely supports the idea that he is brewing something.
  • NautilusNautilus  
    Colonist
    The flinch is definetly from surprise from breaking it, if you look just before then he is looking down because he wants to turn it upside down so he grabs the end.

I don't really get the impression he knows what he is dealing with.
  • Ass_hAss_h  
    Colonist
    @ roguedesigner:

Hi, thanks a lot, I'll try that later. Anyway Viscal added it on Youtube, but I'll try anyway, it will be useful for the next time.

Have a nice day.
    Hell is a place where the humorists are german, the cooks are english and the garage owners are french.
  • NautilusNautilus  
    Colonist
    Bunnyf, I did suspect a while back that david did sneak it in as he was carrying a bag when they where in the temple.

More interestingly is what the liquid in the glass ampoules actually is and why are the urns different sizes.
  • GilouGilou  
    Colonist
    great.David is inspecting the urn because obviously he doesn't know what to do with it, he is analyzing the structure and the content
    but when he says "big  things have small beginnings" I think he knows that this thing will be big. But how doshe know ? and why will it be big for ?
    Maybe he has intel about the urns, maybe he is just spéculating...
  • VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
  • justinlucas99justinlucas99  
    Colonist
    Mmmm... Food for thought regarding Vickers picking an inept crew on purpose, if that's what you are implying.

And David having a secret lab, as well as having prior knowledge- very interesting.
  • ChrisPachiChrisPachi  (1 like this)
    Colonist
    Vodi said:

The KY work on this film is simply stunning. ;)
  • VodiVodi  (2 like this)
    Predator
    Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Welcome!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Forum Tips

• Bookmark All Discussions to catch all of the action.
• Introduce yourself here.
• Click your username for more options.
Dismiss to unsticky discussions.
Imgur for hosting images.
• Email: prometheusforum@gmail.com
• More forum tips.